It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost Generation - Prepare to be amazed - *Video*

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
reply to post by For(Home)Country

Your thread was probably missed and pushed of the board before it attracted the attention.

I would have rewarded you with the same. If I found it on my path.

I too Agree , many times threads get pushed back by others especially when theres so much going on at the same time , i honestly didn't see it also and i been reading a lot lately , whats important is that it did get noticed and star to you too !

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
that was a very well put together speach from a 12 year old...amazing...who cares if she had help from somebody else it took guts to get up there and remind the un exactly what is going on....but the sad part about it is nothing will be done about it....things will go on just as usual...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Just doing a few searches before bed and I am happy I watched the first video.

Whoever wrote that poem or originated that idea is skilled.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Those where great. Good speaker and powerful messages. The power of the net to awaken and educate. I don't think the awakening can be stopped. TPTB are looking more and more foolish and ridiculous to more and more people worldwide.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Old people always say my generation will screw up the world. They already screwed up the world with THEIR apathy, environmental destruction, ignorance. My generation feels a little lost right now, but when we are called to rise to the occasion I feel like we will rise. Look at what those lost pesky swing dancers from the 1920's did. I can just imagine what the people who lived in the 1880's were saying about that lazy and immoral generation!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
That first video was really cool.
The second one had a few hols but i think generally got the message across

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

when I see videos like this I just feel so much compassion for the earth and the people.

The Earth is already losing if someone has to see a video to feel compassionate for the Earth and the People.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MrDarlingFace

Don't worry about screwing up the world. You are just as guilty as your parents and even your grandparents.

This decline in civilization has been a proces that started after WW 2.
The fear mongering of governments during the cold war, the sexual revolution, the harder society and so on.

Every new child was raised by parents who were a bit of. This builds up and the last 20 years it has been exponational getting worse.

Just my two cents.

IMO everything what the girl said is still relevant for today. Although there are differences. Anyone who denies we are messing up the world is ignorant.
Yes there are things that are excaggurated just as things that are even worse.

Their is a very real danger the already rapid decline of biodiversity is going to happen even faster. The oceans are no longer full of life and we have destroyed the ocean floor. It is now only a baren muddy wasteland.

Still they just keep doing what they do. Insane, stupid, dumb, idiotic

Kind regards.

~ SK

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

How are people who are 10-20yrs old just as responsible as 70-80yrs olds for screwing up the world? You make no sense. My generation doesn't hold any seats of power. A lot can't even vote and a lot of them were behind Ron Paul while older generations were behind Palin and her 'drill baby drill' stance. I fail to see how 'we' are just as responsible.

Also you are what I'd call a doom and gloomer. I don't believe we are doomed. The biodiversity can rapidly decline, IF we let it. It isn't inevitable. The problem with doom and gloomers is they don't look back and realize everyone says that they are living in times that are really bad and where the world is in a rapid decline possibly to ruin. Yet the sun still rises, every day, year, decade, century...and here we are. Only difference is people are discussing it on an internet forum and not churches (well they still do that too).

Calm down sweety

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Nothing will change. Most of us do a little to avoid the things which are to come. But only the crowd of us will have a chance to change everything in a political way.
We wake up, that´s right, the questions are:

Is there enough time to change? Do we need a really big kick in our a... to recognize that our selfdestruction is near? (I don´t think of Nibiru or the Apocalypse or such things, you know: SELFdestruction) How long we will only speak and write about it all? We need to act.

Telling this is pretty cool, but I too don´t know how to reach the crowds.
Is there a way to connect all of us, not in a war against a common concept of the enemy, but a way of conciousness?

Is this the result of: We only have this one life. So take all you can get, even it´s not yours!
Would the knowledge of living forever change anything?

peace

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by For(Home)Country
Wow I just don't get it. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to derail your thread, but I posted the exact same thing a few weeks back and got little response (I thank those who did respond), and about 1/20th of the amount of flags. The title was almost the exact same as well!

I believe what the poem says was an important issue, but apparently at the time no one else did. Then someone contributes it a month later, and it ends up on the front page. What's the deal? Searching the forum is an ancient technique now?

Sorry, I don't want to seem mean, but sometimes it's frustrating when you post something and no one really cares only for it to be posted later by someone else and receive an overwhelming positive response.

[edit on 093030p://555 by For(Home)Country]

ATS is being over run with such negativity due to the oil disaster and indeed politics, we need something like this to restore the balance - This site has become so negative that someone has added me as a foe for puting this thread up can you believe it? what does that say?

I am sorry I missed your thread of the same videos, I am not trying to win a popularity contest here I am trying to get back what ATS has lost over the last few weeks.

Compassion and understanding

Peace FSF

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by CleverNameHere

when I see videos like this I just feel so much compassion for the earth and the people.

The Earth is already losing if someone has to see a video to feel compassionate for the Earth and the People.

Now then CleverNameHere, don't troll and take my words and put them in to your own context to make me look like I don't care to the members who skip posts, to clarify I feel an overwhelming amount of compassion more than the usual daily amount i,e an increased amount.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
the question has never been can we do it. the question is WILL WE DO IT. look around sometime. hope may spring eternal but its useless unless we all make the change.

watching these videos and waxing lyrical about how great they are is one thing but if you turn your computer off and dont do anything about it by changing the way you live whats the point? let someone else do the hard work for you? isnt that how we got into this mess in the first place.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Firstly I would like to say that I was impressed by the poem and the reversal, it worked well. The girl at the U.N. was also interesting but considering its age I take it what she said was ignored and is irrelevant as nothing has changed, or even declined.

However, on the poem video. It looks like it was sponsored by a company called A.A.R.P. American Association of Retired Persons. Insurance company and one of the biggest lobbying groups in the states - seems a bit strange that they would sponsor somthing like this - hidden agenda maybe?

Yes or No it was a nice message, thanks

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
reply to post by MrDarlingFace

Don't worry about screwing up the world. You are just as guilty as your parents and even your grandparents.

This decline in civilization has been a proces that started after WW 2.
The fear mongering of governments during the cold war, the sexual revolution, the harder society and so on.

Every new child was raised by parents who were a bit of. This builds up and the last 20 years it has been exponational getting worse.

Just my two cents.

IMO everything what the girl said is still relevant for today. Although there are differences. Anyone who denies we are messing up the world is ignorant.
Yes there are things that are excaggurated just as things that are even worse.

Their is a very real danger the already rapid decline of biodiversity is going to happen even faster. The oceans are no longer full of life and we have destroyed the ocean floor. It is now only a baren muddy wasteland.

Still they just keep doing what they do. Insane, stupid, dumb, idiotic

Kind regards.

~ SK

finally your starting to get it.

ask yourself WHY. why would humans do this to their own species. why ruin a biosphere we cant leave? it doesnt make sense? unless its not humans doing it. yeah i can see 1 or 2 hell even 100 genetic mutations where people are born with no empathy or care about other people. but for them all to get to a position of power and call the shots? thats a bit of a stretch. unless of course thats the only way to get to the top by being ruthless. so either way were screwed. either the people calling the shots now and forever dont have human emotions or the only way to get into that position is to lie cheat steal and kill your way to the top.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
That was so clever!

I know we can make a change. I'm 20 years old, almost 21 and I would love to see this world turn from war to wonder, poverty to plentiful, and ignorance to education in my life time. It's up to anybody and everybody of every race, religion, age, and variety. I hope more people will view this. I'm going to send it to friends and family alike. Thanks OP!

Peace

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by LestatG
Firstly I would like to say that I was impressed by the poem and the reversal, it worked well. The girl at the U.N. was also interesting but considering its age I take it what she said was ignored and is irrelevant as nothing has changed, or even declined.

However, on the poem video. It looks like it was sponsored by a company called A.A.R.P. American Association of Retired Persons. Insurance company and one of the biggest lobbying groups in the states - seems a bit strange that they would sponsor somthing like this - hidden agenda maybe?

Yes or No it was a nice message, thanks

kind of like banks advertising how much they care about you and want you to be debt free? that kind of ironic?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Thanks for posting that vid!! That's a really well written piece and i'm really glad you brought it to our attention.

With people thinking like that we're maybe not doomed after all

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
i am afraid it is too late to change. mother nature is telling us it's time for us to be destroyed. who is going to annihilate us is the question. my guess would be ourselves, the few of us who are capable of doing it. with us gone, she'll have time to recover and nurture a new breed of earth inhabitants. farewell human.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

I know, HSBC just had some on BBC World, showing people in certain situations where they chose morals over money and then stating they do the same!

Mmmmm Really!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join