It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost Generation - Prepare to be amazed - *Video*

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

To echo Mike Stivic, You can imagine what those fat cats are thinking whilst listening to her can't you. Something along the lines of "Yes yes little girl off you go so we can get back to business" it makes me sick when I think how this world could be if we were to eradicate greed and corruption.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

the Native American's have an understanding among the elders of their tribes to "make decisions" effecting their tribe and the Earth while holding accountablity to 7 generations beyond their own........

Seems we could learn from such wisdom in prudent decision making rather than always trying to beat the next Wallstreet estimates.......

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

It is Severn Suzuki, daughter of David Suzuki. A great man and Canadian environmentalist. He obviously taught his children well.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
My my my.... what a great speech! It's amazing. Sigh....

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by futuretense

the Native American's have an understanding among the elders of their tribes to "make decisions" effecting their tribe and the Earth while holding accountablity to 7 generations beyond their own........

Seems we could learn from such wisdom in prudent decision making rather than always trying to beat the next Wallstreet estimates.......

I couldn't agree with you more, we could learn a thing or two from the traditional Native Americans. Unfortunately many of these traditions have been lost and are now going over to the dark side with the enticement of power and riches.

"This is the Seventh Sign: You will hear of the sea turning black, and many living things dying because of it."

copyright 2006 Hopi Prophecies

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I was totally stuned when the poem got reversed !

Unfortunatly its irrelevent here on ATS coz those who must've listen those words(attached to their damn seats) are not here obviously !
Its another way to put words on how we feel for us,
Yet, i couln't help but saw all those empty seats behind those UN guys
was from 1992.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by SSimon]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Oh man! Total applause here. Then I see its the daughter of David Suzuki. And it it all explained. If there was a vote for a single person to govern the world, my vote would be for David Suzuki.

Pure genius and absolute truth. And short enough that todays world of time-poor money grubbing people might just stop and watch it. And maybe, just maybe, think about it.

A few might even do something about it. Maybe.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Greed is a facet of human nature and has been throughout time. Survival of the fittest doesn't mean playing fair, and it never has.

I loathe the very concept personally, but the fact is, unless somehow greed leaves us through evolution, we will continue to kill each other and the planet, cyclically, until the earth cannot handle it/will not tolerate it anymore.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by slicely]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by slicely
until the planet cannot handle it or will not tolerate it anymore.

We are the caretakers of this planet and instead of looking after it we have raped and pillaged it, we now have to decide where to go from here. Do we carry on our selfish ways or do we do something to reverse the system? for example, I and many many others have started focusing on self sustainable gardening where we grow our own crops. Yes its small in comparison but its a start, hydroponics is the way forward as long as we have the sun on our side. Everyone of us can make a difference no matter how small it is.

As a collective unit we can move mountains.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
If anyone is interested here is another one, although I am not a religious person I do believe this video is as good as the other and therefore, must take place in this thread,

Peace FSF

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Absolutely brilliant, I am so impressed with the backwards and forwards aspects of this poem...fantastic big Kudos to a great find.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowfoot

Thankyou for your kind words Shadowfoot my intention is solely to bring that little bit of compassion and happiness back to ATS, as over the last few weeks it seems to have been beaten out of us.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Watching that girl speak about how better money could be spent rather than wars really made me think..
If only the world had not wasted such life and resources on halting Nazi expansion and instead fed people that needed food and clothed people that had no clothes... what a better world we would be in...

I could sarcasticly give countless other examples on how better money could be spent but life isn't a game, garden or playground. Its filled with nasty, evil people who commit atrocities that need to be dealt with. Its sad it has to be done and thats the real waste. Not the actions of trying to defeat evil but evil itself.

Wars are fought to correct an injustice not to spend money in ways other than helping people.

I know thats not the girls point and that if everybody did their part and had the best of intentions it would be a great world filled with happy people. (and I don't say that sarcasticly.. it WOULD be)

But the World is not filled with people with the best intentions. It is filled with 3 types of people:

*Those who are not
*those who wish it were
*those who try to make it that way

She is the 2nd acting like the 3rd thinking the 2nd way is possible.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I love the part where she says, "I realise were all a family, 5 billion strong infact 23 million species strong".

I will now tell you why it isn't like this.

It's because humans throughout time have never been like it. Its human nature. Some are blessed to see the light others are not.

But it can be fixed, we all can love one another.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Thanks for this. That poem is quite clever. I had goosebumps. I don't send out many emails(I'm lazy about that) but this one will go out for sure.

EDIT because I can't type.

[edit on 6/11/2010 by TheLoony]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Thank you for the uplifting and inspiring post, I am off to spread the positivity!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
This 12 or 13 year old girl's speech to the UN conference should be required viewing by EVERY SINGLE PERSON in a position of power, anywhere in the world.

She has done more to say it like it is over a 6.5 minute speech than the UN has done in the last 65 years.

Well done OP - now I'm going to research her organization. What a positive and courageous person. Now this is what I call a courageous child doing sometghing worthwhile with their lives, not a 13 year old who climbs Everest or a 16 year old sailing around the world.

The first speech was excellent too. I will pass that along to everyone I know.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
YES

The Chain reaction of LOVE has started and will not stop until earth changes.
The Children are the KEY to the FUTURE! Their collective thought will change the adults.
TOG

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Torch of God

Bless you, what lovely words I do hope you are correct in what you say for the sake of humanity and our earth.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Thankyou, please bear in mind that the video is rather old though, I doubt the organisation would still be running given the waivering economic climate since when the video was made.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join