It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost Generation - Prepare to be amazed - *Video*

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+115 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I have just been sent this video and as soon as I saw it I knew that there should be a place for it here on this site, the world is waking up steadily and when I see videos like this I just feel so much compassion for the earth and the people. Please spend a couple of minutes of your time and watch this video you will not be disappointed.

The video below was submitted as an entry for a competition where it came second. After the poem was read out it received a standing ovation and an enormous round of applause from the audience in the room.

Just found this, which goes hand in hand with the above:

If a child on the street who has nothing is willing to share, why are we, who have everything still so greedy.

I am only a child yet I know if all the money spent on war, was spent on finding environmental answers, ending poverty, and finding treaties, what a wonderful place this earth would be

Peace FSF

Edit: Thanks everyone for getting it to the front page, this will now allow others to view it and perhaps give that little sparkle back to members who are feeling a little down at the moment dude to the current climate.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Watching that video about halfway through i was so pissed off i was literally telling the girl on the screen"stfu you dumb B----! you dont speak for me and i cant believe the mindset you have adopted.

then

i finished watching it...

pure genious..thanks for the post!

~meathead

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I agree that if something does not change it will be horrible but we can reverse it if we so choose.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
just finished watching that second video you added, and i want to applaude this young girl for standing up and telling them how it should be.too bad they sat there nodded thier heads through the whole speach and resumed business as usual right after she walked out....

~meathead

edit changed there to thier...

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Mike Stivic]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike Stivic

Yep me too, boy did I look stupid afterwards, I was cursing at the screen and going off on a tangent then afterwards, I was eating my words. I have just added another video that goes hand in hand with the above I feel.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I’ve always said this generation from the of around 33 and below will change our world and create the type of place we always wanted. It’s these types of people that make it worthwhile to living on this planet. I have never stopped hoping or praying the change will come – sooner rather than later.

Yep, if all the money that has been spent on wars was spent on humanitarian aid, cleaning up the forests, seas, etc., what a wonderful world this would be.

I remember seeing the latter video when it was first published. Brought tears to my eyes then too. Thanks for the reminder of these special people. There’s more of them than we know.

s&f

peace

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Lol! This was a great post op. Thanks! Maybe if more people began making these videos and more people began sending them to friends and family, things actually would change! Let's do it!

mmm...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gutterpus
I remember seeing the latter video when it was first published. Brought tears to my eyes then too. Thanks for the reminder of these special people. There’s more of them than we know.

Your welcome. I think we all feel very passionately about the planet we live on and the way it is being destroyed piece by piece and I wouldn't be at all suprised if at least 75% of the people that watch the second video have a tear in their eye after watching it. As the above poster said, we can reverse it if we choose.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Wow, thank you for bringing this on board! The first vid was awesome in it's structure. I wish we could unwind some of our doings in such a beneficial manner.
I am moved by the second video. The young ladies astuteness was impressive, and the fact that an average citizen was able to get undivided attention at such a forum is both surprising and inspiring. Does this happen at all the UN meetings?

I hope many people get to se this, S&F.

Peace

[edit on 11-6-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

I am moved by the second video. The young ladies astuteness was impressive, and the fact that an average citizen was able to get undivided attention at such a forum is both surprising and inspiring.

Indeed, can you imagine something like this taking place before a G20 meeting,and actually be televised over the world. Imagine how many people would be heart felt after listening to such a speech.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
This was posted a month ago.

Must be coming back around for a 2nd pass.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleObserver
This was posted a month ago.
Must be coming back around for a 2nd pass.

I wrote a post on another thread which won me an applause that I feel I must share a little with you.

We are a community here we all share the same goals and interests otherwise why the hell are we on this site. If we were all the same then the world would be extremely boring. I myself don't give a rats ass if the same videos are discussed time and time again, I don't give a damn if people want to discuss the same topics over and over what alot of us forget is that everyday there are new members joining this site whom aren't so informed as the members that have been here for years.

Your post in no way contributed to this thread and if you can't find any other words to contribute please go and find another that may suit you.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Dude ... This boggled my mind. I was like where is she going with all this negativity? Than BAAM! Right in my face.

Thanks OP.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I don't give a damn if people want to discuss the same topics over and over what alot of us forget is that everyday there are new members joining this site whom aren't so informed as the members that have been here for years.
Well, I've been here for almost two years now...I'm fairly certain I hadn't seen this...so there you go...it was great btw, very moving...thanks for the share...

[edit on 11/6/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Who was that girl? Did she write that herself?

She should be given the nobel prize for peace.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
That reversible poem is amazing. What I don't get is why some of y'all were pissed at her at first...
Didn't it sound like sarcasm or satire in forward? It did to me at least. And then she reversed it. That was an amazing reversal

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

It sounded sarcastic but in a pessimistic tone of voice, sort of like there is nothing we can do. The reverse gave it that optimistic look on life, and it was amazing!

If this was second, what came first?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I'm sorry I should of included a link to the ongoing discussion.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 11-6-2010 by InvisibleObserver]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
Well, I've been here for almost two years now...I'm fairly certain I hadn't seen this...so there you go...it was great btw, very moving...thanks for the share...

This is what I am saying about posters who chirp in saying its been discussed before e.t.c I too haven't seen it on this site and I frequent here many times a week, that said I wish this could go on the front page, not for stars and flags and all that but so everyone can have the chance to see watch these videos. Unfortunately so many threads fall by the wayside nowadays because of politics it would be good to at least have something positive on the front page.

I am pleased you liked it.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Yeah, I understand what you mean...I also just watched that second video, which is pure gold...she puts it to them perfectly...what a legend she is...however, judging on how old that second video actually looks...it seems no one heard her cry for change...just take a look around...is it really foolish to assume there is no hope?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join