It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All you talented ARTISTS please help G20 protest sign.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
As the title of the thread alludes to I am heading to the G20 to protest in Toronto, I have been in a little bit of a panic as I have no artistic ability and did not desire to be the guy who clearly wrote his sign with a Sharpie. I have seen people ask for artists help on here in the past and it struck me that this is a good community to reach out to.
Id love not only your input on my idea for my sign but if any of you out their want to take on the challenge I would truly appreciate it.

IDEA: My personal passion battle is against those who wish to censor freedom of speech and freedom of expression. As we all know the most recent example of censorship has been regarding the depiction of the prophet Mohammed. South Park famously attempted to poke fun at the appropriate line of what is appropriate in the eyes of Muslims regarding the depiction of Mohammed. I am aware it is never okay FOR MUSLIMS to depict Mohammed but just as South Park pushed the limits of what is allowed I wish to as well.

SIGN: My idea for my sign would be the face and head of Mohammed but not a drawing instead all his features are the written word Mohammed. It is difficult to explain but I have it clearly in my head, like his eyebrows would be Mohammed spelled out little and his jaw Mohammed spelled out one or couple times, however, im just picturing where there would be lines or features on his face instead of using a straight line use the word Mohammed.

IS THAT OKAY?

Because im not drawing him, im writing out his name in different locations.
Please ask clarifying questions if need be, I always pictured the depiction of Mohammed from the Danish cartoons but without the bomb. However if someone chooses to tackle any way the decide id love to see.

Thank you all very much hopefully ill be able to make my voice heard!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I'm thinking about making my way to the protest from Hamilton. I have never been to one and I have no clue as to what I should be bringing with me. Is violence going to be a played out thing at the G20 summit?

Have you been to the last on e held in Toronto?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
You could put the word censored across his forehead; just have his eyes and facial features with the word censored?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Wish I could help on the artistic side...I do understand what your sign would look like though, good idea.

Please take pictures and video!!!! Then, if you make it back OK
give us a behind the scenes thread!

Glad to see you posting again and Godspeed!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
thanks signals! Appreciate that
nice to see you as well.

the person from Hamilton was asking about violence and from what i have heard the police are anticipating some but i dont have any intentions to. That being said i am taking caution with gas masks, goggles, gloves, elbow pads, even if it doesnt turn violent theres alot of people there and you can get sick
hence gas masks haahah but im not to worried about it (nor was Seattle)

i have not been to any pre things my cousin has been doing them all with his 9é11 truth group

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

Make sure you bring a package of earplugs.

Remember the sound devices they were using in Pittsburgh?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Before I do any art, just wondering what a Mohammed sign would help at the G20?

Just curious

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

Chance to voice my opinion on the subject of freedom of speech, just to be heard my friend, or just to say it at the least.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I'm about to leave work in about 5 minutes. I threw this together before I left.

This is around 6x7 inches or so, but I have a much larger format if this is what you're looking for. Let me know if you want it different.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7df6375c7663.jpg[/atsimg]

The_Zomar

[edit on 11-6-2010 by The_Zomar]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

thanks Zomar appreciate it, thats really good! awesome!

definatly in the direction i was speaking, hahaha lovin it

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hack28

thanks Zomar appreciate it, thats really good! awesome!

definatly in the direction i was speaking, hahaha lovin it

How soon do you need a final copy? I might try to clean it up a bit on the final format, and change a couple things around.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Plugs won't help. Not for long anyway.

From what we were told at training, the things wave can cause illness for the internals (if they crank it up).

look. If you go. anticipate violence. I suggest you google some of the vids from the Pittsburgh event. And that was consided peaceful. I would strongly suggest you keep you eyes open for under-cover and partially military clothed people.

You might also want to check the videos of the undercover cops from Pittsburgh. Especially the 3 the got picked out pretty easily but nobody was going to mess with these there. WAIT> Matter of fact, you and you buddies can do what they did. You'll get all kinds of attention. I will try to find that video.

Here you go: It just might work and be fun....

[edit on 6/11/2010 by anon72]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

oh id say youve got time, its on the 26th of june so little while before that i guess. im stoked!!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I'll send you a PM.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
having this done in that certain Semitic language would be quiet beautiful. too bad you don't know what "Muhammad" would really look like --- no idolatry .

in this case -- a painting of his written name would be mind-bending .

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

No offense.. but that's a horribly DUMB idea for a G20 protest. How about you protest the G20 at the G20 ..... since that would you know.. make sense? Protest their economic policies.. otherwise all your doing is trying to stir up emotion at a place where it is neither appropriate nor appreciated.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Wow mate.. that WAS an epic fail... it's times like that, that I fully 100% support the use of violence against people like that. Those idiots stuck out like a sore thumb, I just wish someone would have given whats coming to them.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Hi
Ok so i was wondering how to sign up for these protests. I would really like to take part in one (environmental concerned at best) but I don't know how or where to sign up of even meet up....if there's anything that you can help me with, please let me know.

top topics

join