It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan Taliban Hang 7-Year-Old Boy to Punish Family

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Afghan Taliban Hang 7-Year-Old Boy to Punish Family

www.foxnews.com

A 7-year-old boy was murdered by the Taliban in an apparent act of retribution this week. Afghan officials said that the child was accused of spying for U.S. and NATO forces and hanged from a tree in southern Afghanistan.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This is absolutely disgusting. I know, don't believe everything that faux news spews out. However, something like this is believeable. Have we not done it here (and still do it) with our own mafia and drug dealers? The best way to stem the aggressiveness of a community is to take it out on their children. However, the danger is that eventually the people will fight back.

Other than the fact that this 7 year old was hanged to send a message I find that I am disgusted by the many thoughtless responses given by my fellow Americans. Posts like 'pull out and nuke'em all' or 'is this the progress we are talking about'.

The posts questioning why we are there in the first place are ones I can understand. We are there to capture Osama bin Laden right? Well, then we really suck at our intel if that is the case because as with all money making campaigns it has turned into the 'we're there to help the people' war.

We need to get out of that country and let them get back to running it how they want to. When there were no poppy fields.

I know, I am going to get flamed by the people who will question the rights of the repressed women and on and on. I understand that. I have compassion for them. However, is it really our job to establish American rules and regulations on non-American countries? I say no.

We need to get out and stop moving forward with the "Plan for a New American Century" now.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-6-2010 by dariousg]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
This is horrible and disgusting on any level you want to put it on. With things this disgusting I also ask my self for more then one source of information. Just some way to make sure the story is not BS. As it has happened before.

Hear is one from New York.

Conformation from other countries would help validate it also.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

Absolutely and utterly amazing.

A clearer story of foreign, non-US religiously inspired evil you could not find, and yet your first criticisms are for the US because apparently "we do it here" and US posters on discussion forums say inappropriate things about "nuking them".

As a collective group ATS appears to have lost all grip on sanity, the very first thought with any news item appears to be "in what way did the US cause this or make it worse".

We aren't denying ignorance, we are embracing it.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
this is our world ... religious nuts in conflicts that will NEVER end ... elitist stealing the money from everyone, since everyone is worried about their religious books, instead of getting real information

everyone is born with a brain ... right?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
We're in so deep everywhere I dont even know if its possible, but I still feel we should pull our folks out of every country and protect ourselves and our borders. Stop these stupid deals and the idea that we are somehow meant to spread OUR beliefs on others. IMO you cant teach an ape table manners and to try to give people democracy who dont want it or have any real concept of it is a futile effort. When these nasty evil people hang children, suppress women and etc.. it can only fall on their own heads if they cant blame it on us.

Rather than outrage here.. why do I see no outrage from other countries and other countries running in to stop these atrocities in the manner that we do? Why arent the afghans outraged and rising up against this? Hey, if they want to be barbarians... far be it from me to press civilized behavior standards on them.

We'd be a lot better off in this country if we allowed the barbarians to off eachother and not stick our noses in it. We get blamed for everything plus some.. let them own their own actions for once.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
This is horrible and disgusting on any level you want to put it on. With things this disgusting I also ask my self for more then one source of information. Just some way to make sure the story is not BS. As it has happened before.

Hear is one from New York.

Conformation from other countries would help validate it also.

Why would you need another source? Bad things happen - it's life. Nazi's would throw babies into the air and then spray them with their assault rifes.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

I ask for other sources because it is always good for creditability to have more then one source reporting the story. As I said news agencies have been known to report false stories before.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I am not posting this
just for the sake of argument
but I would like to point out:

There is never an age associated
with spying. And it has gone on for
centuries. It went on in WWII.
See the movie "Enemy at the Gates".
It went on in Vietnam as lil kids would
come up to soldiers and ask to shine
their boots. When they opened the box,
it exploded. Orphaned kids in Vietnam
would be taken in by soldiers in forward
bases and the kids would map out
high value targets like ammo dumps,
gun emplacements, command posts
and give that to the VC and that night,
mortar shells would devastate and kill
dozens, even hundreds over time. This
also occurs in Afgh and Iraq in the Green
Zone.

Kids are used whether or not they do it
intentionally or not for the same reasons
you folks are stating here.
Compassion due to them being children
works to the enemies favor.
Keep your compassion ...... the enemy relies on it.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
well at least 1 more family will be on the coalitions side from now...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

This is why I didnt mind the Taliban getting their arses stomped out a few year ago, what approaches smells their ignorance also and will show 0 mercy to those who defile. RIP TO THE YOUNGIN, damn... Earth I cannot wait for them to see the most recent of the spawned!

[edit on 6/11/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FuGGer
well at least 1 more family will be on the coalitions side from now...

I suspect from the article
that they were already.
But what do I know???

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

You don't believe anything Fox news puts out (calling it faux news is childish) yet you visit their site?

I wouldn't bother wasting my time visiting a site I knew to be nothing but lies. Sounds to me as if you are trying to stay in with the cool crowd by bashing fox news when you are actually a closet Fox news fan.

On topic.

They use kids as shields (they really do) so why does this suprise any of you? I have another suprise for everyone.

They are the bad guy.

Yep thats the suprise, I know it comes as a shock to a lot of you, but its the truth. As bad guys they do things that are bad.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miracle Man
They are the bad guy.

Yep thats the suprise, I know it comes as a shock to a lot of you, but its the truth. As bad guys they do things that are bad.

they are the bad guy???

really ???

says who ????

The US dictator, war criminal that lied and faked
data and was complicit in killing 3,000 in NY
to get troops in Afgh???

Sounds like there are much worse
bad guys out there than just the Taliban.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I'm sorry if you mistook my post as an invitation to a debate.

It wasn't.

new topics

top topics

join