It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is a convincing argument for the existence of God?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Signals mad props bro.

That was an awesome reply.

peace.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
The only near convincing argument for the existence of God is a recognition that all that is around us is perfect.

I do and call it evolving perfection. I use the U S version of perfection where it is not a finished optimum state but can move to a more perfect state as shown in the U S declaration of independence.

As a Deist, my closest label, I believe that if there ever was a miracle working super God, he was either absorbed or destroyed by the big bang.

This follows to some extent the beliefs of the Vatican but where we differ is that they believe that that God still exists and they do not recognize the perfection of our systems thanks to evil. they see evil as a defect where I do not.

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
It's like looking up at the night sky, there's no end to it, only an end to our perception.

I like your idea that God is infinite and I love this quote. There's only an end to our perception. Perfect line.

There seems to be a lot of understanding about God coming from the night sky, so if ever you are wondering about God go take a look at the night sky, that's what I have got from this thread so far.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I'm a self styled shaman master with vast telepathic and UFO capabilities or experiences, I've seen and done everything of the psychic, spiritual and supernatural there is to do and see, from all of what Ive witnessed of the spiritual, psychic and supernatural, the most baffling to me was seeing future abnormal environmental changes and actions of earth or planetary similar, or seeing future accidents. Seeing them occur in my mind long before it did occur. There is always an explanation of supernatural basis that can be accountable for everything Ive seen and done, but when seeing the future abnormal actions of earth it can only mean a few things, either earth has its own conscious awareness that connected with me in telepathic ways or that some kind of intelligent unknown origin life-form controls earth in those ways and tells me beforehand about these their future actions. i tend to believe both accounts, that earth has its own conscious awareness and that it can be controlled by intelligence. i have no reason not to believe my spiritual and ufo contacts, and they tell me me seeing accidents occur long before they occur is because they see into the future as good as we record the past onto video film. There are intelligences working things for me to see that only tens of thousands of words can explain, intelligences of a magnitude I've never seen or read of any person having similar.
To believe in God you either need to trust other peoples claims or see something similar, there is no convincing arguement that can be fit into a small amount of words but im giving it my best effort.
I know im in contact with god like beings but if they are or are not the god or gods of creation i dunno and i dont want to know cause i dont want to upset peoples beliefs of god or gods, i trust my spiritual and ufo contacts and they appear god like to me, they try to fit into everybodies beliefs of how a god would be and they are the only people i aspire to be similar with.
looking at this message from the perspective of a sceptic, god or gods cannot be explained and described on paper as easy as they prove their existence to people, and if a god like being doesnt step into youre life and you dont believe in them the only way to believe is to trust people who where close to a god.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
You asked for it, this could be it?

"The first wholly new interpretation for 2000 years of the Gospel/moral teachings of Christ is on the web. Redefining all primary elements including Faith, the Word, Law, Baptism, the Trinity and especially the Resurrection. Questioning the validity and  origins of all Christian tradition, and focusing specifically on marriage, love and human sexuality, it overturns all natural law ethics and theory. What history, science and religion have agreed was not possible, has now happened and at stake is the credibility of several thousand years of religious history and moral teaching. "

"Using a synthesis of scriptural material drawn from the Old and New Testaments, the Apocrypha , The Dead Sea Scrolls, The Nag Hammadi Library, and some of the world's great poetry, just as in the beginning, it describes and teaches a single moral LAW, a single moral principle, a single test of faith and offers the promise of its own proof; one in which the reality of God responds directly to an act of perfect faith with a individual intervention into the natural world; 'raising' up the man,  correcting human nature by a change in natural law, altering biology, consciousness and human ethical perception beyond all natural evolutionary boundaries. Intended to be understood metaphorically, where 'death' is ignorance and 'Life' is knowledge,  this personal  experience of  transcendent power and moral purpose is our 'Resurrection', and justification for faith. Here, on a perfectly objective foundation of moral principle and virtue, true morality and 'Life' begins."

"Here then is the first ever viable religious conception capable of leading reason, by faith, to observable consequences which can be tested and judged. This new teaching delivers the first ever religious claim of insight into the human condition, that meets the Enlightenment criteria of verifiable and 'extraordinary' evidence  based truth embodied in action. For the first time in history, however unexpected, the world must now measure for itself, the reality of a new claim to revealed truth, a moral tenet not of human intellectual origin, offering access by faith, to absolute proof, an objective basis for moral principle and a fully rational and justifiable belief! "

If confirmed and there appears both the means and a growing, concerted effort to test and authenticate this material, this will represent a paradigm change and advance in the moral and intellectual potential of human nature itself. 

Check it out at: www.energon.org.uk...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by Ersatz
My parents are from two different faiths, they agreed not to influence my upbringing therefore I was not instructed in any religion.

Now I lean towards Atheism (Pantheism at best)

Tks.
The only "convincing" argument you'll accept is a personal experience. So if you truly want to know if God exists or not. Pray to Him and ask with all your heart. Talk to him as if he is your Father and best friend on the Earth. If you honestly are looking for Him and want to know if He exists or not, simply ask.

And when you least expect, it, He will get your attention.

Truth. I was a hardcore atheist but I prayed for undeniable personal evidence with all my heart and my prayer was answered. The experience I've been through is so compelling I cannot deny the divinity of Jesus.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   

billions who have preceded us have carried this God thing for generations now.

who am i to call them ALL liars?
who am i to call them ALL ignorant?
who am i to call them ALL wrong?
who am i to call them ALL misinformed?
who am i to call them ALL stupid?
who am i to ignore them ALL?

who am i?

if science is right about dna, then don't i share 99.7+% of the same identical building blocks as they do?

if i am to assume they were all the what would i be saying about myself?

End Transmission,
ET

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

billions who have preceded us have carried this God thing for generations now.

who am i to call them ALL liars?
who am i to call them ALL ignorant?
who am i to call them ALL wrong?
who am i to call them ALL misinformed?
who am i to call them ALL stupid?
who am i to ignore them ALL?

who am i?

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

But we are all liars, ignorant, wrong, misinformed etc. etc. in some way or other.

We are natural copycats and like to conform, I don't think that is a very convincing argument.

+

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Ersatz

i agree with JesusisTruth about the nature thing....

why does the entire pacific ocean resemble the face (profile) of our most closely related (primates) kin on this planet from alaska all the way to the southern tip of south america?
searchengines.files.wordpress.com...

Nature can provide some interesting things...

watch the entire video if you have never seen it.
www.youtube.com...

thoughts, things & stuff,
ET

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a convincing argument for the existence of God?
The fact that there is a division between a material existence, and a spiritual existence. That being composed of matter ie: everything which occupies space, the physical world, and that which does not, Ones thoughts (will) the spirit, Which God is.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ersatz

Archeological evidence.

Sodom and Gomorrah

Ark of the Covenant

Prophetic evidence.

100prophecies.org

Science in the Bible

Peace

new topics

top topics