It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out of Place Artifacts and other things: Update and Review 2010!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

How do you figure? Five and a half thousand years ago isn't that long, in terms of human clothing. We know the neanderthals had some form of clothing (they would have HAD to to live where they did) and it makes sense that they would have had shoes.

So some dude in Armenia knew how to wrap his feet in grass and lace a flap of leather over them. Amazing? History-changing? Hardly. it's a neat find, but it is in no way unexpected or surprising or terribly interesting.

"People five thousand years ago wore shoes!" - yeah, no kidding, they shaved, too.

jeeze.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

But what if the pole were in a different location at that point in time, perhaps putting the ice caps at different locals. I know it's not exactly on the right time table, and are we certain about the time line of 5500 years ago?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I love this theory, I used to love this ooparts radio show that used to be on

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
i was under the impression that the russian spirals where found near an old garbage dump site where they dumped old light bulbs hence the composition of wolfram and other "not so common" metals.

could be im very wrong but thats how its been dubunked and presented to me.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
As for Ancient Nanotech metal screws and bits found in the Narada River in the Ural Mountains, i searched and found a fitting analysis by our Good Ol Super Moderator Byrd!

Originally posted by Byrd
I think what you may have is something that's been misidentified (this is a known problem with that book.) "Nano" means something that at best is 500 atoms wide, and you can't see that under the microscope. You need an electron microscope.

This brings up the problem then of "and how did they find them if these things are too small to see with an ordinary microscpe?"

I see these described here: www.ufologie.net... but I also see some problems with this.

In the years 1991-1993, gold prospectors on the small river Narada, on the eastern side of the Ural mountains, have found unusual, mostly spiral-shaped objects. The size of these things ranges from a maximum of 3 cm (1.2 in.) down to an incredible 0.003 mm, about 1/10,000th of an inch!

Let me cite from a site about human hair diameters:

"Flaxen hair is the finest, from 1/1500 to 1/500 of an inch in diameter … and black hair is the coarsest, from 1/450 to 1/140 of an inch."

So they're claiming to have found (in the field, in dirt) something that's 40 times smaller than the diameter of a human hair.

Take a hair from your head and trim it to a length about 3 times as long as it is wide (yes, a tiny section). Now -- imagine that it's 40 times thinner than what you are holding...

That's what they claim they're finding "in the thousands" in a gold prospecting site (mud, dirt, trees, rocks, river, clay.)

To date, these inexplicable artefacts have been found in their thousands at various sites near the rivers Narada, Kozhim, and Balbanyu, and also by two smaller streams named Vtvisty and Lapkhevozh, mostly at depths between 3 and 12 meters (10 and 40 ft.)

...and they're finding them 40 feet underwater.

By now, your Skept-O-Meter should be falling off the charts, laughing hysterically.

So what are the photos showing? Well, gold wire actually does form and does extrude naturally, and some of those objects are natural extrusions (you can see the striations (stripes) of formation on the wires. However, gold can be bent with the fingers and you're simply trusting a photo that people SAY is circular wire... circles that they didn't bend.

The tube wrapped around a second tube... dunno what that is. However, given the claims of the situation, I don't think I'd accept it as authentic or evidence without a lot of other explainations and reassurances that it's natural or found in nature and not something that someone rather easily cooked up in the jeweler's workshop.

Gold wire, by the way, can be drawn out to be thin as a human hair. That's an ancient technique...they used to make thread from gold for embroidering clothing. The Chinese have been doing this for over 2,000 years.

[edit on 9-5-2007 by Byrd]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

If you would like to know more about bones in coal, or just how coal was formed and how long it really takes I suggest to anyone with an open mind to watch "the young age of the earth" it not only invalidates the bs dating system used by faux-scientists today but should really shed some light into many mysteries and questions many people with truth seeking minds may have. I do believe it is on google video now, and keep in mind that the boat shown in the movie is not neccesarily noah's ark, but since they say they just found it on the same mountain, well anyways you guys be the judge, by the way great intro and an interesting post. I will try to add some of my uncles encounters with strange artifacts being found in supposed wrong places, and of course when he brought them to the professor's attention he was told to lose them or fail since the professor had already written his thesis and the roman coin from Yahshua's time obviously didn't fit into said thesis he just refused to even consider the implications.

just do a search on youtube or google and then tell it to only show >20 minute vids and from there it is in pieces

[edit on 12-6-2010 by sizzlean]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I take exception to the first section about the Sudden Appearance of civilization. Much of that can be refuted.

Just one example is The Decimal System. It wasn't the earliest number system in use:

...Among the ancient Mesopotamian civilizations (beginning with the Sumerians), base 60 was the earliest positional numbering system developed. Remnants of the base 60 system are still evident today in our division of degrees, hours, and minutes.

www.bookrags.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I have just been reading your posts in this thread, me being an armchari egyptologist I just wanted to add for clarification:

Are you aware the pyramids were built 1000's of years before their perfect alignments with celestial bodies and that NASA have built a model of space to prove this theory? for what its worth everything points to the pyramids being built by something other than hu-man.

This above image is a diagram of the stars of the Belt of Orion. Now look at the diagram of the pyramids below.

Though this fact is not as remarkable, the positioning of the three Pyramids of Giza are exactly aligned with the position of the three stars in the belt of Orion, both in position and in size. While it is possible, it would create many difficulties for the Egyptians in terms of measuring huge distances. Not only this, but in fact, at the time that the pyramids were supposedly built (about 3000 BC), the stars that make up the Belt of Orion were not exactly at the correct angle to match up with the pyramids. If the location of the stars is traced back over thousands of years, the time at which the belt is exactly aligned with the pyramids is in fact 10,500 BC. A time when there were supposedly no
civilized humans living on the earth. Another fact to support this is, if you consider the Sphinx, a lion with a human head and then look at the size of the body, you can see that the body is perfectly proportioned for the head of a lion, not the human head. This human head looks tiny and silly sitting on top of the body. This is because the Sphinx was actually built in 10,500 BC, around the same time as the pyramids, with a real head of a lion. Evidence to support this is that there are signs of water erosion all over the Sphinx. The last time that there was any water nearby, aside from the Nile is around 10,000 BC. Also, the constellation of Leo the Lion (thus closely related to the Sphinx), was in fact rising directly behind the sun in 10,500 BC.

The facts to support we were not the first to arrive here

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by InSoul

Well you may have missed my previous post, but the Egyptians effectively experimented for over a century and a half to get that kind of perfection. We've only had laser point perfection for, what, maybe 30ish years? Again, as I said, we still have not quite gotten back into their perfection methods.

All and all one of the highest skills the Egyptians had was their skill at sky studies. The North South axis was holy to the Egyptians. They studied it as much as conservatives study the bible. We've only been really good at looking at the sky, again, for around 30ish years since the first computers.

The Egyptians studied the stars. They built large star studying technologies in building form to help them perfect their axis.

By building this way, even if the architecture was not perfect for measuring, they could still measure perfection with it.

For all intensive purposes, the stars ARE lasers. A single stream of a few photons that happen to reach the corner of your eye, from a full three dimensional 360 range of photons.

By using these natural lasers, the Egyptians created a perfect north-south axis. Something rarely seen again. These may have been measured by any means ranging from water reflection and the distance centered between osculations, to simply tracing their location year long on the edge of the structure's walls and averaging the in between (planet wobble correction. This method shown in the above diagram).

As towards movement of rocks and stuff, they had some nifty tools. Just a few pictures of them, all of which could move those rocks.

As you can tell, they were perfectly able to move these bricks and wheel them around. They even drew this on their walls. 30 humans tied up could easily bring them up a 15 or so degree incline going up. Even a 20 degree one. For every degree up the amount of men needed increases.

In the end, if they had some sort of technology being used to move these bricks, why did they allow space on the corners of their pyramids so that the workers and the brick could fit? After all, if you can just use your anti grav machine, you would not need the following.

That above picture? scans of the pyramid show it. Why would you need space for men if no men were pulling it?

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Gorman91]

Bro could you tell/give me the link to the website from which you have taken these pictures. it will be highly helpful for me for my debates and research!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

wow! precision cut obsidian ear plugs; some guy must've had it up to his ears with his wife to be that desperate

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by coredrill

Originally posted by InSoul
reply to post by coredrill

So that's the story you want to put your name in?
what a funny story...there's only one problem...do you really believe those old pyramids were some kind of training...please...educate your self properly about this subject...
[edit on 11-6-2010 by InSoul]

Originally posted by InSoul

educate your self properly...go to the locations...see the things...feel the things by your self...
Keep on reading those stories for little kids and sheep's and you'll go far...

you're the only one that have failed kid...you failed with yourself...

peace

[edit on 11-6-2010 by InSoul]

HUH??
You talking to me????
When did i write up anything about pyramids in this thread??
Even though i didn't write anything about pyramids, i wholly back Gorman on what he has written.

if you are still addessing me, boy, i have of course been to Egypt, been all voer Egypt, to most of the Pyramids, to Alexandria etc etc.

I work in the Middle East. I take my vacations to ancient sites around. been to petra too.

As for training, I am an engineer who can analyze stuff, been in the construction field for years and years. I know what can be built and what can not be!!

So, if i do write something about the Pyramids, I have been there, Seen that.
Capeesh?

Peace

Coredrill,

I work in the same business but for NDC. Did a Transocean rig off of Cairo...been there, did that, as well. Never been to RAK but lived in Ajman for a while. Abu Dhabi now.

I don't know exactly how the pyramids were built although the "inside" story sounds feasible. I do know they are really BIG and very impressive!

The voice of reasonable thinking must prevail.

Good luck and Peace to you too,
Tom

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
havent read the whole thread yet, i will, very interesting subject,
but what struck me when i read the title was artifacts found around
the world that can't really be explained, which led me to recent interviews
i watched (spells) with Klaus Dona, made by Projectcamelot. you can find the videos on their site or and find them on youtube. Very, very interesting finds
if you ask me!

Great thread.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I found this snippet about the Red Bird petroglyphs interesting:

"...it has also been argued that finding eight different languages inscribed in one place is highly unlikely, and that the claims are fanciful interpretations of the evidence. The inscriptions on the rock have been compared to other Cherokee inscriptions in the area, and it has been suggested that those on the rock have been altered in modern times. The interpretation that the petroglyphs represent Old World inscriptions has been linked to 18th century arguments that the Cherokee Nation had no right to live in Kentucky, as an ancient white race settled here before them."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
sorry lost all credence after Sudden Appearance...

from kidipede, for middle school learning

Before The Roman Empire

The Etruscans lived mainly in northern Italy. Because they were learning from the Greeks and the Phoenicians, they learned how to do a lot of things that the Latins living around Rome didn't know how to do yet. The Etruscans built cities with stone walls. They built big stone temples and they put big statues in them. They dug canals and ditches to irrigate (bring water to) their fields. They had organized governments with kings. Soon some of the other people in Italy began to copy the Etruscan ways of doing things....

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Nice job, coredrill.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Royzer]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Hey OP....though most of the OOPART & objects in here are explainable, your Topic has got close to 107 flags.
congrats.

bad thing is that most of those who have flagged this topic have not exactly undertood what the OOParts are actually or dont care the hoot for explanations.

Anyways congrats for such a speedy flagged topic on ATS.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth
The Red Bird Petroglyph wow that is awesome is the actual text carved in from back then? Has the actual carvings been carbon date dor just the rock?

If not that truly is a mystery..interesting how it relates to Jesus and God...
from 9th century BC..or have i misunderstood?

That is true , i am sure they could analyse the carvings , for traces of what material made them, eg stone , bronze , iron steel etc......I think it has been done before on other things...

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Love the opening post. Actually there are so many mysteries that historians just close with : "we dont know but who cares?" and many question to date are have no clear answer.

There so many more mysteries than the op but the ones depicted are great mysteries. Star and flag.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
My thanks to the OP!! I have long been an "amateur archaeologist", amongst my other interests. The book, "Forbidden Archaeology", REALLY caught my interest!
Truly- as a professional M.E., I have wondered at the construction of the Giza Plateau, for 20+ years. ESPECIALLY the older, large-block, constructions. I do NOT believe that WE could do it, NOW.The few times "small-scale" models have been tried, they have ALL failed, miserably! Sometimes, ending in multiple deaths.
Certainly, the "Ancients", had knowlege, that we do not!
Now- I want to go and dig-up under the spinx, NOW!! OUT OF MY WAY!!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by InSoul

I've proven you wrong on all three.

Where is your case other than your opinion?
That's because ignorance is bliss.

Bliss in your ignorance.

Wow this is what i call constructive debate. My friend you are the perfect example of the modern arrogance of the modern civilization. We think that we can do anything and we think we can explain everything and that is the biggest fail our time. So well. yes, enjoy your ignorance

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join