It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Human Parasite With Mind Control Abilities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I would like to first address with the reader keeping in mind our system of criminal justice and punishment as it exists in the United States, and many other parts of the world.

Now, on to the subject...

There exists a protozoan parasite called Toxoplasma gondii which has a unique and fascinating life-cycle, involving rats, cats, and humans.

While infected with this parasite, each host remains virtually identical, and exhibits few symptoms, except for changes in behavior.

An excerpt from article:

"This parasite manipulates host behavior so that the host becomes more likely to be eaten by the next host in the chain. The extraordinary Toxoplasma gondii parasite infects billions of humans but is thought to be benign in the human host, although there is new evidence linking it with schizophrenia.

Part of T. gondii's lifecycle is lived in rats. It alters rat behavior via mechanisms that are not yet understood. Rats normally exhibit fear of new environments, "neophobia" and avoid areas with cat smells. The infected rats are not neophobic and do not avoid cat smells, and may possibly even seek them out, but are otherwise indistinguishable. In effect they become "rodent kamikazees" more likely to be eaten by cats. The cat is T. gondii's next host in its own "food chain." These subtle behavioral modifications were only discovered as recently as the late 1990s.

T. gondii has also been shown within the mid 1990s to ALTER HUMAN BEHAVIOR. Men become less willing to submit to the moral standards of a community, less worried about being punished for breaking society's rules, and more distrustful of other people. These changes presumably occur when T. gondii enters and manipulates neurochemistry. Researchers have so far casually or laughingly dismissed that these behavioral changes have any significance in the human host..."

So, what we have here is an organism that via the manipulation of how your nervous system works, causes men to be more antagonistic to society and less fearful of punishment. This effect benefits the parasite when it infects mice because it increases the likelihood that the mouse will be eaten by a cat. But you can't ignore the fact that this parasite also infects humans, with discernible effects on behavior.

So... fascinating as the subject is, I couldn't help but think that in our society full of prisons, police, and punishment.... what does it mean to know that there are things out there that can turn a "good" person into a criminal outside his or her control?

human-infections.suite101.com...

[edit on 11-6-2010 by 30_seconds]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Oh boy. this is going to be the next Chewbacca defense in court.

Why would a Wookiee, an eight-foot tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of two-foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending a major record company, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests.

Now inmates are going to say they are infected with a parasite and they don't need jail they need medicine to clean out this parasite.

Interestingly enough. research needs to be done because this might be the case.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
how does this organism even sustain itself? who is eating cats? my cats had better not try to eat me! they can lick because they like salt, but eat? no way

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Utter bollocks.

There's no such thing as mind control through biochemistry. It can make people less concerned about consequences, it can make people paranoid, it can make people violent or needy... but it can't "force" you to commit crimes against your fellow man.

The proper reason to not commit crime isn't to avoid the law's judgment anyway. One should stay within the bounds of the law because of personal conviction determining what's right and what's wrong.

Now there are things outside of people's control... plenty of things. But there's a point where a person's got so many problems that you should lock them up anyway, because I guarantee you they aren't sitting there suffering, unable to control their bodies. They're foaming from the mouth in the head, too.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
You're not necessarily under mind control if there is an unnatural parasite causing your moods to change. technically you're only under mood control. Many people around the world are knowingly under mood control by their own doctors through anti-depressants, ADHD medications, or anti-anxiety pills. Humanity has enough things to blame their moods and feelings on and we really don't need another one.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Remember this thread?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I've always had a problem with the words "mind control." I believe "mind influencing" is much better. After all, control means that your decisions simply aren't your own, while influencing would mean that something is causing you to lean toward behaviors, thoughts, or moods you wouldn't lean toward ordinarily.

What this parasite is doing is altering neurochemistry to make its host engage in behavior that leans toward risk without fear of consequence. While I wouldn't call it mind control, it might be called mind influence.

You can look at a single individual and say "well that's not enough to overturn a conviction for a crime." But what if you look at a thousand people who are un-infected as a control group to find that 8 of them have committed felonies, then another thousand who are infected, to find that 55 of them have committed felony crimes?

I'd say that's statistically significant.

new topics

top topics

join