It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is now a good time to buy things, before a second economic collapse?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by OBE1

From 1920's Germany..to..2001 Argentina..to 2007 Zimbabwe, and every severe inflationary event in between, those who converted to precious metals early-on not only preserved the value of their capital...but just as importantly, they retained the means to acquire food.

With good reason: Germans Lead Gold Rush Frenzy

[edit on 12-6-2010 by OBE1]

Soo. . . get a gold-plated Iphone?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
What I'm reading about the economy is that we may see an upswing.

There are lots of doom and gloom but business are still in business and some are doing well.

Europe is working it's way through the recession.

Personally, I see the light at the end of the tunnel. (Or is that the light of a train coming at me in the dark?)

That's a train alright

The economy is a grand illusion. Wall St is being propped up by invisible credit, hedging, hostile takeovers, and an unadultered privatization of the nations infrastructure by our loving government. Jobs are being outsourced, and there are many financial undertoes yet to surface. I spoke with a neighbor, and he asked me if buying gold was a good idea. I told him yes if he has all his other bases covered. If you have an ounce of gold and the other guy has a gun, then the other guy has a gun and an ounce of gold.
You will need a safe place to stay, enough food and consumables to last a good while, and a means to protect it. When the economy caves in, crime and violence will escalate.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
LOL. Incidentally, I'm using an iPhone to write this post!

If TSHTF and the dollar collaped, how would you pay your AT&T bill?

Would you barter potatoes for airtime?

Honesty, would AT&T even exist?

If you're concerned that you'll never get to play with an iPhone, then run out and buy one before you think it's too late. They are under 100 bucks at Wal-Mart.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join