It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Manhunt

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
They cant even find bin laden, what makes you think they could find an intelligent guy like this, unless he lets them?

You guys have to be patient, we're talking about 260,000 documents here, you cant just throw them all online without looking at/verifying them first. There really could be some stuff in there that needs to stay classified, like the troop movements or CIA operatives mentioned before. I have friends in the military and id like them to not be hurt from something like this.

however, most of the troops and operatives wouldnt be in harms way in the first place if it wasnt for the corrupt. Maybe the terrorists wouldnt hate the US so much if it wasnt for all the shady s*** the government has done to these people without public knowledge.

I agree that the "national security" statement is the general scapegoat when its more like "government/personal security", because if the documents are damning enough, it could very well lead to the next revolution/revamp of the government, and that means no more money and free reign for them. Cant have that, right?

So if this guys intentions are pure (no hidden agenda) then he is a hero and I applaud him and wish I could help.

This may bring unwanted blood shed as repercussion from the government, but this is the LAND OF THE FREE, HOME OF THE BRAVE! so it may be time to boss up and get these crooks back under control and working for the people instead of themselfs.

Now its time to grab a beer and wait to see how this unfolds.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Bin Laden won't be found 'cause he's been dead 9 years.

(are you really making that comparison?!)

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
That whole story stinks.

Risky Business # 154 of June 10th 2010. Patrick Grey interviews Adrian Lamo. Afther the interview he say at 35:24:

Adrian Lamo on the line now. And Lamo also told me, he submitted those chatlogs between him and Manning to wikileaks and it’s their decision wether or not to publish them.

Risky Business

June 11th. Wired.com updates and publishes an email-request from Julien Assange (or somebody, who uses his name) to send them the chatlogs to make them available for the lawyers to defend Manning.

Now Lamo is quoted:

No, I’m not going to give the logs to someone who suggests that I might have been drug-addled when I decided to turn in a spy,” says Lamo, who takes prescription medication for depression and Asperger’s Disorder. “Private Manning’s attorney can get them by discovery like everyone else

Wired.com

So, who is lying here? And what for?

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Siddharta]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
[

This guy there LOOKING for!
Bin Laden they werent....A Pawn used for a means to an end...Iraq

[edit on 12-6-2010 by KILLFOXX]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Daniel Ellsberg (Pentagon Papers) fear that US might assasinate Julian Assange of Wikileaks.

Support wikileaks in any way you can, this could be the turning point in the downfall of the empire.

Truth is treason, in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Vildbasse]

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Vildbasse]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
"National Security"????

If the government was so worried about "National Security" they wouldn't allow a 22-year-old soldier access to 260,000 "classified" State Department communications to US embassies around the world and also the ability to download said documents to a friggin' USB flash memory stick.

If our government was so worried about "National Security" they wouldn't have given Sibel Edmonds a friggin' GAG ORDER when she tried to speak out about foreign infiltrators in the FBI translation department, who possibly had direct connections to FBI's failure to stop the 9/11 attacks.

If our government was so worried about "National Security" they wouldn't allow corporations to directly influence every branch of government.

Truth is, there is no such thing as "National Security" in the U.S. This country's security was penetrated and dismantled back in 1963.

I say let the leaks flow until the rats jump ship.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

That's fine, I never claimed Chomsy was a dis-information agent, I said in some circles, he is considered one, just as in some circles, Assange is considered a terrorist.

I have become rather ambivalent towards Government and "terrorism"

I see them as synonymous now, one and the same, walking hand-in-hand.

For the most part, Government, is a waste of resources, and a huge joke.

I am sure whatever Julian Assange has stashed away in his cache is top-grade information.

The question is whether it is worth exposing or not or if it is just useless.

Would I find his information useful?

No.

But then I love to dis-entangle the Government's lies with detective skills.

Becoming a Detective of Conspiracy Theories

Personally, I see gaining classified information the way Assange does it, as a highly unethical way of going about it, compromising the safety of people.

Call me Ishamel.

I would rather dis-entangle, discover, and thoroughly figure out things for myself.

Not rely on which traitor leaked which lies of the week from our Government.

While I am no friend of our Government I am no enemy of it either.

As I said before, I am ambivalent towards Government, but that's because I do not need our Government, because I am a free-thinking human.

I think in contingency plans, I think tactically, I think free of propaganda.

I think, therefore I am, a thinking individual, who knows how to use logic and reason.

A traitor is a traitor just as a snitch is a snitch, Assange is a traitor and a snitch.

I detest Big Government and Small Government and see Medium Government as where the Government should be, not a bloated waste of bureaucracy, like it currently is and always has been, compartmentalized.

I generally rely on myself and my intuitive cognitive abilities.

I do not rely on Government because I do not need nor desire a Big Brother.

If you cannot "rule yourself" then you are unable to be truly free.

I rule myself, control every facet of my actions, I am a responsible individual.

Then again, I understand there is a need for Government, but not a need for Government committing fraud, via Secret Societies, bypassing American citizens.

That is where I draw the line as far as Government is concerned.

Secret Societies and the rich ruling elite families, they have to go.

They do nothing more than feed off the teat of ignorance.

Julian Assange has nothing I want or need as far as I am concerned.

Anyone who knows a thing about Government, Law Enforcement, or Military, knows there is a degree of secrecy, hidden via diplomacy, hidden by the inner workings, hidden by the templates of how those entities are created.

Building a "Country", a "Government", a "Law Enforcement agency", or a "Military" is nothing more than "building a house", meaning you have to have the "land on which to build", the "schematics/blueprints", the "funding", and "workers" who actually "build it", and those people who are going to "buy it".

Once is it completed.

We as citizens are those who are "going to buy it" and if we do not like the "property", we can sell it, not sell it out, we can trade it, not trade on it, we can raise the property value through refurbishing it, not raze it through ignorance, we can move and forget about it, or we can rebuild elsewhere.

Something I have always said, yet many do not listen, is our responsibilities as citizens does not end at the voting booth, it merely starts there.

We have to be involved within our communities instead of glued to our seats.

Stop watching idiotic shows like American Idol, Survivor, and "The Real World".

There is nothing "real" about those shows, they are fabricated fluff, meant as a distraction, as bread and circuses, a complete waste of time and IQ.

The reason I need nothing Julian Assange has to offer?

It is quite simple.

I see sports as a waste of time, bread and circuses.

I see American Idol as a waste of time, bread and circuses.

I see watching C.N.N. as a waste of time, bread and circuses.

Ultimately, I watch Washington D.C., and the United Nations.

I follow both foreign and domestic policy, both literally and figuratively.

By "follow", I mean reading it, interpreting it, and living by it.

If I want to know how the War on Drugs is going I use my detective skills.

Not stolen and or compromised information.

If I want to know how the War in Iraq is going I use my detective skills.

If I want to know how the War on Crime is going I use my detective skills.

Rinse, lather, repeat.

I think you get the picture.

But then again, war, Government, Law Enforcement, and Military, is just a business format.

If I know how to interpret those things then why do I need anything Julian Assange has?

War is a Racket: The Antiwar Classic by America's Most Decorated Soldier

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fe7a69a5e2f5.jpg[/atsimg]

Amazon Review :

Originally printed in 1935, War Is a Racket is General Smedley Butler's frank speech describing his role as a soldier as nothing more than serving as a puppet for big-business interests.

In addition to photos from the notorious 1932 anti-war book The Horror of It by Frederick A. Barber, this book includes two never-before-published anti-interventionist essays by General Butler.

The introduction discusses why General Butler went against the corporate war machine and how he exposed a fascist coup d'etat plot against President Franklin Roosevelt.

Widely appreciated and referenced by left- and right-wingers alike, this is an extraordinary argument against war - more relevant now than ever.

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Private Investigating

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9952fcfe8a45.jpg[/atsimg]

Amazon Review :

The gumshoe go-to—revised and updated.

Easy-to-use and fantastically inclusive, this is the book on private investigation, whether you want to establish yourself as a professional or just use some of the tools of a P.I. for your own business.

You’ll get the low-down on pre-employment research, tenant screening, adoption searches, safeguarding yourself from investigation, and much more.

—Completely revised with all-new chapters on skip tracing and due diligence searches

—Skills and techniques for average citizens, as well as professionals

—Includes the most useful—and little-known—databases

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6069b530fc32.jpg[/atsimg]

If I know how all of these things are being built, who is doing it, how they will be implemented, how to stop them, if I choose to do so, and ultimately who will control them, then please, enlighten me, why do I need anything Julian Assange has stolen from the bureaucracy of the United States Government and the Pentagon?

Yes, some of that may sound arrogant, some of it might be interpreted as know-it-all, but it is not, it is a mere statement of facts, and a clear-cut asking of a few questions, because I am ambivalent about Government.

As far as a human being, I hope Julian Assange continues to breath oxygen.

As far as a criminal, I hope he stops and realizes he is breaking the law.

As far as a hacker/cracker, I hope he stops committing electronic rape of information.

There are just certain lines you never cross otherwise you are no better than those you are accusing of crossing the lines and therefore you are moot.

Julian Assange is now moot because he is now outside of the law.

He is an outlaw.

Would I turn him in if I could?

No.

Would I help him if I could?

No.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I know morally you are right but we not talking about a moral fight, using ethics and ethical means against the unethical wont really work. If we are ever to hear the truth it will be through any and every manner available for the normal person. You know they lie and cheat for their agenda (tptb) why is it not a permissable form of defense by the wikileaks and all those against them to uncover it.

If they fight dirty so most we , and all the best to wikileaks.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Gooseygander]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

A traitor? What made him a traitor? And who did he betray?

Against the law? Who's law?

There is more on this world than the USA. You can see an Australian as an enemy or whatever, but how can he be a traitor to you? He does not owe you anything.

Also the US laws are not worldwide laws. Even the intel report against Wikileaks said, that it was difficult to hinder wikileaks to publish things, because they act according to the laws in the countries, where they put it on servers.

This all looks too much like a concerted action against Wikileaks. Again it looks, as if the USA are trying to find excuses for breaking laws and betray the whole world to get rid of something, they see as a threat.

From the published chatlogs we see no threat against the US at all. And we don't know, if they really are in the possession of Assange or Wikileaks at all.

But we should wonder, why they are so upset...

Probably they succeeded in warning possible leakers with that story. But they aslo brought a lot of attention to Wikileaks. I, for example, never cared for them too much before. And I guess, I am not the only one, who watches now with interest.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

actually, harry..
not to nit-pick...
but did you read their chat logs?

Manning clearly states how it was done.
Not on flash drives.
but on CD-RW Discs/CD's.
No security what-so-ever. lol

also..
I LOVE how the gooberment can't take down wikileaks!

any other web site ( or most any) they want to take down, they have no problem doing it, and would be gone by now. But they cant take down wikileaks even if they stay vigilant. lol

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
"National Security"????

If the government was so worried about "National Security" they wouldn't allow a 22-year-old soldier access to 260,000 "classified" State Department communications to US embassies around the world and also the ability to download said documents to a friggin' USB flash memory stick.

One word

: bait

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

Bin Laden won't be found 'cause he's been dead 9 years.

Are you telling me they can't even find a dead guy?
WTF.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Vildbasse

I like how Ellsberg calls out Obama by pointing out that while he promised transparency, he has already prosecuted more whistleblowers than any other president.

Great video, very pertinent.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Looks like they at least did something...
They cant take it down,
so they messed up the S.C. for anyone wanting to upload anything else?

From Wikileaks~ to upload a document~

The site's security certificate has expired!

You attempted to reach secure.__._, but the server presented an expired certificate. No information is available to indicate whether that certificate has been compromised since its expiration. This means Chromium cannot guarantee that you are communicating with secure.__._ and not an attacker. You should not proceed.

Anyone thinking about uploading to W.L... might want to wait...

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Why ?, are they are going to kill me for checking a website by accident (in my defense, this site sent me there ?) and all target me, i suggest we all go wikileaks in our millions. The only power we have is there are more of us then them.

link   
double post

link   
Sorry saw you meant uploaded . sorry buf my bad.. bows and leaves, know what you meant sir

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gooseygander
Triple post , is that possible

No, I suggest as many people visit the site as possible.
I only suggest [whistleblowers] not uploading anything to the site at the moment.

the SSL has been breached.
and anyone uploading anything right now..... may very well be found.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Gooseygander

no worries.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Please, have none of you been paying attention? The NWO has been manipulating the entire globe for decades. They set country against country, citizens against citizens and family against family. They do this through the manipulation of information. Wikileaks is information. The internet fuels information and they are publicly stating the internet is the worst invention of the last century because it empowers the people.

Now people surf the net find the alternative news and buy it without thinking. The main stream is so full of SH*T it is ridiculous. The only reason they have been dumbed down so much is to push people into believing what they want you to believe. The USA, Israel, Iran and the Koreas are being set up as sacrifices for the next global war. The coming leak is organised and directed to cause the3 maximum embarrassment for the US government and help push us towards WWIII.

You want to know how to defeat the NWO? Do nothing,do not fight, do not resist, agree with everything; then when we get a local election vote for a tea party candidate, same for congress, and same for the president. Do not vote for ANY democrat or republican, only vote for independent that want a return to self governance and isolationism. bring home the troops and and leave everyone else to their own devices.

Do this and and then we can bring down the banks, and major corporations that have enslaved us for profit. we do not need gas for transport, we do not need oil for energy, do do not need big pharm to keep us healthy, what we need is a end to patents and the greed of the few.

If the US government want to bring down wikileaks all they have to do is bring down the DNS. They control the internet, and all traffic on it. When you send an email they read them, all of them! there super computers are so powerful they can do billions of calculations per second and they have dozens of these things. Nothing that happens without their knowing, and anyone that types anything on the internet is flagged and recorded. There is a reason you have a built in webcam, and it is not to make your life easy and stop the usb version from falling off the screen; it is so they know what you look like, when they send round an agent to "Interview" you.

The reason there are not more of us alternative types in custody is because we fuel the chaos and fear which is exactly what they want. The Wikileaks guy is supposed to be in the US for a conference in Vegas, yet we are supposed to believe the most wanted man in the USA is evading the entire military inteligence service, N.S.A, C.I.A, F.B.I, and all police forces and security cameras. If I didn't have to clean up the mess i would be rolling around the floor P*ssing myself laughing at the suggestion.

The aforementioned groups are the most well financed organisation on the planet for gathering intelligence and causing death and destruction, and no Mossad/MI6/MI5 are not better, because they are the same group

When the bombs go off in the USA, South Africa (World Cup) or Europe they will use it to attack another country. If you want a safe planet for your children to grow up in then refuse to go to war, refuse conscription, refuse to finance said war, protest your government at every step. You will know you are right as they will commit even worse crimes against you, blaming others, and if you still do not step into line, then they will destroy your country so that you are no longer necessary.

I was told the persecution of nations and people would happen again in my lifetime, by my grandfather, who walked from Vienna to London in 1939 to escape the Nazis. He said everything you know and everything you will learn is given to you so you will do what someone else wants. Think for yourself and never take a side; when you take a side you create conflict and then war, when you choose peace, understanding and compassion you get harmony. Protest and vote while you still can, you may not have the luxury of regret.

[edit on

[edit on 12-6-2010 by theregonnakillme]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join