It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange bird migration out of the South - BP?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I saw this video posted today from a YouTuber in TN.
Huge flocks of birds are migrating out of the South in June when they should be nesting.
Has anyone else noticed this?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 2ndFUTURE

If this observation is true, it is VERY disturbing!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Oh man. This is not good. I think he is on to something here.
Birds have always been sensitive to dangerous gasses. The poisons being vomited from the floor of the Gulf would be the reason. This will make Katrina look like someone passing gas in a hurricane.
I better stop here so that I don't receive another warning or get censored.
S&F

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Odd thing: I am in South Texas and although I live in a rural area I am not always as "tuned into nature" as many who are wiser.
I have been hearing birds at NIGHT and yes,there are many more around than is "typical",I just thought it might be due to all the violent weather and humidity...
I will try and be more aware and if I notice anything really "odd",will see if someone can confirm it's happening here as well...
Thanks for the head's up,nature DOES know more than TPTB!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Just goes to show that the animal kingdom is smarter than what we think they are. That's great news. Hope it is true. EFF BP. There are not enough expletives to express my concern over this whole issue.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Hmmmm....

They posit a local explanation but just for the sake of argument:

cjonline.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
"We're seeing less than we thought," said Michael Downie, one of the leaders of FWS's wildlife recovery effort, standing in the operation's control room on a barge moored at the Pass a Loutre Wildlife Management Area, at the tip of the delta. "The birds are pretty good at staying away from the oil

www.nytimes.com...

It doesn't have to mean anything more horrible than the horror we already know about, to the birds it probably doesn't matter if the oil is contaminated with something extra deadly to humans, the oil itself is enough to kill them and is worth migrating away from.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
dogs leave before a quake
they even tell us to watch the missing pets columns in the papers for warnings

definitly hope not to hear that animals are leaving

but if they are

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I did not see anything in the video.

Heard a few things, but couldn't tell what I was supposed to be looking for.

I wouldn't doubt that there are strange migrations happening due to the oil spill.

It is only a matter of time now.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

Those black lines were birds on the lines that had flown to this area from the south

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
sorry to have to be the one to point this out but birds migrate NORTH in the spring early summer (in other words Now ) the go from the south to the north as it gets warmer then nest in the north .
In the fall is when birds migrate from the north to the south to avoid the cold weather .
Now this should be oves no one wants to be up north in the winter but in the summer when its warm many people go north as well .
But hey look it up from south to north in spring from north to south in fall .
this guy has it back words as do many of you.
Of cores i have no dought birds are getting away from the beaches were the oil is .Heck just the smell will drive them away

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

I lived in Corpus Christi for four years. The birds went on all night long. I was up due to my husband working mid shift.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Thank you for the explanation, I didn't see anything either, I will look again.

Birds are very sensitive to environmental changes and will fly away from troubled areas. I have even noticed that more birds seem to be flocking in my area this summer and I live in Indiana.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I have noticed this trend as well here in toronto, dont know why but last night or in the evening i saw flocks of ducks or some birds flocking out, as in migration.

Not mention the seagulls are staying from the lakes.

Quite strange

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

I live in California and I've been hearing the early morning birds WAAAAY earlier than usual... like midnight/1AM...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bvproductions

I would have to agree with you on that one.

I am sometimes up for a day or two at a time and I would hear them going off. I thought it might have been a cat or something, but who knows.

Coincidence? I think not.

And to another poster I saw the birds on the line I just needed to know what I was looking for thank you for telling me where to look.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
First off I not much of a bird watcher, but on my way home from work a little while ago 6.30ish p.m. I saw this bird roosting in a tree, it was big and white. So I slowed down a little to take a look and this is what I saw a Snowy Egret.
dromus.nhm.uga.edu.../species_page&key=ethula
Like I said Im not a watcher, so I thought it was just a white crane (not many around here but some). It realy didnt hit me until I saw his long white comb(plumb). and with the sun he really stood out. This is in northern Georgia so if this was a Snowy Egret its a long way from his or her nesting grounds.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

I think the major migrating birds have been gone from the south for a couple months now I live in a fly way for Canadian gooses or geeses and haven't herd or seen any since mid march and I love to here them a nice sign of change from winter to spring and fall to winter

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I hope they are running from BP oil and soon people who live there will do the same. Perhaps for the Pelican they don't want a dawn carwash anymore.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join