It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Automakers Outsourcing Jobs to Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

American Automakers Outsourcing Jobs to Mexico

empirestatefx.com

Despite receiving billions of dollars from the federal government to keep them afloat, iconic American automakers Chrysler and General Motors are increasingly taking advantage of the free movement of labor allowed by the North American Free Trade Agreement and outsourcing jobs to Mexico, according to Bloomberg News.

Were it not for an $80 billion investment of taxpayer money in the companies, neither would even exist today. Yet, both have turned their backs on those very same American taxpayers by exploiting the cheap labor available south of the border.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.economyincrisis.org
www.americanchronicle.com
www.economicpopulist.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
To bail out GM is to betray humankind--here's why
My prediction on the fate of the big 3 automakers
Senators reportedly agree on auto bailout plan GOP members had demanded concessions from United Auto

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Yes after all the bailout billions that the tax payer were forced to pay to keep them afloatthey are now looking for cheaper labor of 4 dollars an hour in Mexico.

The only reason this companies are still open and working is due to the forced generosity of the US tax payer.

Millions of people in the US are losing jobs, their homes and livelihood, corporations doesn't care as long as they are to preserve their profits.

empirestatefx.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
This is both disgusting and sad. The members of the unions that work at these plants need to dissolve their leaders, elect new ones and strike against these companies. It's revolting to see how are government is allowing this to happen, as well as financing them for prosperity.
I better stop here so that I don't receive another warning or get censored.
S&F

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

You know what bothers me the most, that they are actually on TV claiming gains and talking about profits, but what many doesn't know is that the bailout money went to China ventures and building factories and also to build factories in Mexico.

Tax payer pay for all that, perhaps the next time they fail they should ask China and Mexico for bailouts.

How can I trust a car that is been manufactured by worker been pay 4 dollars and our and probably doesn't know how to read or write.

I am sorry I am not putting down workers regardless of where they are from but for 4 dollars and hour what else can you get in Mexico.

In the typical GM factory in Mexico, an autoworker makes just $4 per hour, including benefits. Your typical American autoworker, on the other hand, makes roughly $62 per hour when benefits are calculated into the equation, according to PolitiFact.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I just got into an "argument" with my soon to be father-in-law. He was upset because his daughter and I bought a CRV. He said we need to be buying American. I told him, they already got my money and I'm not giving them anymore. Now I read this. I'll be printing this out so he can read it and weep. Seems like we're always bending over for something!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by newBodyoldSoul

By all means do it, I am passing the word also, beware of the cheap labor and its results, you get what you pay for.

That is what I always say to people, cheap labor means cheap cars and goods but also lower quality and degraded goods.

And for buying America that is a fallacy, most cars are assemble in the US but their parts are made oversea.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by newBodyoldSoul

Don't forget Ford did not receive any bailout money, could have gotten one from them. Oh well.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

That is very true, but still we have to live with the fact that just because cars are assemble in the US in factories in the US it doesn't mean they are also manufactured here.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

So? Thats what you get in a free market. And it results in cheaper vehicles for you and I.

Americans are funny in this aspect - they always want "made in America" but are never willing to pay for it.

The reason AMERICAN made products are so much more expensive is because so many more Americans take themselves too seriously and expect too much of their employers.

Allow businesses to regulate how they are forced to spend money, and prices go down. If prices go down, people buy more. The more that people buy, the larger demand for more jobs.

It is basics people. Pure fundamentals.

And what better example to give than the current min. wage law in Illinois. $8.25 an hour starting next month.

EIGHT dollars and twenty five cents an hour....for some mind numb retard to barely show up to work, constantly do a subpar job, who does nothing but stand around smelling like weed all day.

$8.25 an hour.

Give me a freaking break.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Yes, is many reasons why we are in so much trouble, economically, but if you know how politics works in the US you know where to find the root of our economical problems along with the corruption behind free markets and corporate America.

Just remember that most of the money in the US is leach out of the US because we can not longer survive as a industrial nation.

We now survive on consumerism, like you say cheap goods but so those that control the wealth can reap the profits.

top topics

join