USS eldridge Order to shut down

page: 1

join

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 04:55 AM
link   
OK heres my question according to all the description of the alleged events on the USS eldridge the story goes like this
They hook up a bunch of devices
there is a green fog which envelops the ship
the ship dissapears
they give the order to shut down the device (outside observers)
It reappears.

Now my question is this How did they give the orders?

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   
You need to read over the details again.

The ship was actually wired to 2 other ships that supplied Power and the Drive for the Experimental Generators. The idea was that if something should go wrong, they could cut the lines and stop the entire thing.

One test was done with men on board, according to the story. At first all was fine, then after a few minutes, gone. Nobody watching knew what was happening.

Now, from one version of the story. 2 men jumped off and arrived in 1983 and were met by VonNeuman(sp?), now 40 years older, who then told them to go back and what to do to stop the machines before a hole was torn in space/time or whatever. So they grabbed an axe or something and did just that.

From the observer perspective however, the ship vanished, then came back. Although now with a whole crew of messed up guys who continued to phase in and out of time. Even getting stuck or frozen according to some versions.

Speaking of which. You should read this. It's by a guy, Carlos aka Carl Allen that knew all about it. He wrote 3 letters to the guy who first brought it out in public view and stuff. True or valid, I don't know. (Who does for that matter. This is one crazy theory.) It makes for one hell of a good read though. Not very long either.

FILE INFORMATION;
==============================================================================
FILE NAME : "C.M.Allen_Letters.TXT" (AMIGA) "CM_ALLEN.TXT" (MSDOS)
DOWNLOADED FROM: HTTP:\\www.softwareartist.com
DATE : OCTOBER 28TH, 1992
DESCRIPTION : COPY OF CARLOS MIGUEL ALLENDA LETTERS TO DR. JESSUP
MAIN TOPICS : PHILADELPHIA EXPERIMENT, CARLOS MIGUEL ALLENDA / ALLEN
FILE SIZE : 24K, 377 LINES
AUTHOR : ANDREW H. HOCHHEIMER, WINDSOR, ONTARIO, CANADA, N8S 2S1
==============================================================================

www.softwareartist.net...

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
My understanding of it is we were trying to create radar invisability-great for war time. They tried the theory that a massive electrical field would do so. They had massive power tubes (remember, this was before the transistor), hundreds and hundreds of them. When they turned it on, a green mist appeared around the ship and it disapeared-first from radar them visually. There is much debate about what happened when it disappeared, but, someone figured it needed to be stopped and the only way to do so was stop the field, but it would not shut down. So the only way to do so was to start distroying all the power tubes (what would they have done today with transistors?). When the ship reappeared, many men were gone, some were crazy and some were melted into decks and doors.... Offically, this was never tried again, but......

[edit on 16-6-2004 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 05:32 AM
link   
You have to beleive in the time travel aspect of this story to believe how they switched it off.

The orders were given in 1983, on Project Pheonix. The 2 crew members (the Alfred Bielek and his brother) that travelled to '83, were sent back to destroy the equipment and end the experiment.

Another theory behind the device used, was that they were actually trying to generate a heat haze, often seen on the surface of tarmac'ed roads during the summer.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Ummm why is it that you have to suspend disbelief in order to believe this story, Is it a movie? If you have to accept the existence of technolgies which violate the accepted therioes of physics then how can you give any credence to the story at all?

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
Ummm why is it that you have to suspend disbelief in order to believe this story, Is it a movie? If you have to accept the existence of technolgies which violate the accepted therioes of physics then how can you give any credence to the story at all?

It's not my story to tell, and yes it was a movie (1983), and if you want to know more about it, then I suggest you read more about it and draw your own conclusions as to what degree you believe in it.

The time travel aspect of this conspiracy is the least believable part of it, as much as i'd like it not to be, in fact when I originally saw the film I believed that Hollywood had thrown the time travel aspect in just to make the plot more appealling.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 04:53 AM
link   
The reason I ask is that this incident and Roswell seem to be the most popular stories of "conspiracy reasearch" and while I fell the jury is still out on roswell it is at the very least Plausible. However everything I read on the "philidelphia project" semms to be contradictory. Further more there semms to be No proof whatsoever . If any of you can enlighten me then please do.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
American Anti-Gravity.com

[edit on 21-6-2004 by Koka]

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I love this story and all the ways it takes off. I find myself wishing it did happen, but I feel it is another hoax.

new topics
top topics

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum