It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wheres The Asteroid?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Is there an asteroid coming?

I've heard people on this site talk about the June asteroid, then the July asteroid, and finally the August/september asteroid. So which one is it? or is it all three?

The one thats on my mind is Toutatis. They say its coming in september and it reach a fairly close distance to the earth. Whats everyone's opinion on that?

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I really dont know. I 've been following this story for a while now,
and with all the evidence i've seen i must admit that when i walk
on the street i look at the skies looking for that piece of rock.
But i'ts not controling my life..

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 04:32 AM
link   
If it is coming close, I'd like to see the government try and cover that up. lol

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I think they will say that there it no reason to panic and
that the whole goverment is in shelter becouse of some
kind of global exercise to counter terrorists attacks and
that they practising.....

follow the leader..................

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 04:42 AM
link   
NO NEED TO WORRY. They have their grays to help them erradicate any comet.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Look, the only asteroid comin anywhere near here that we know of that's of any caliber is Toutatis. That monster SoB is gonna miss us by a mere million miles or so(don't remember the exact distance, go look it up on Nasa). I'd be on the lookout for it maybe in the next 30 years though.

***Meanwhile, whilst the world is eyeballing a huge asteroid, a MUCH bigger one slips up from behind us, and WHAMMO!!***

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyateLaBoca
NO NEED TO WORRY. They have their grays to help them erradicate any comet.

this can go four ways:

a) the gresy sto pthe asteroid, we thnka the govand continue our lives

b) the gresys stop the asteroid, we find them, they control over us

c) the astorid is a hoax

d) KA-PLOOSH. bye bye, world.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 02:34 AM
link   
IMO everytime a new Earth disaster flick comes out in theaters the world of conspiracy theorists and doomdayers start screaming about global warming, pole reversal, alien invasion or asteroids. It happens all the time.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 03:02 AM
link   
There is something I haven't seen mentioned too much on this board so I thought i would mention it and see if anyone has any thoughts.

After doing a little research I discovered that a comet named "wild 2" was a comet that the U.S. Stardust mission was involved with to sample material from its dust cloud. It will be closest to our earth on June 26 at a distance of 1.8 AU (astronomical units). This is info I got from the orbit simulation exercise at
neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

I also found out that a joint Japan-U.S mission was formed to sample material from the Asteroid Itokawa. This asteroid is predicted to reach our southern hemishpere on June 26 as well (June 26 is the date as well that it is closest to earth). From the simulator I determined this asteroid will be 0.013 AU from earth.

Now on June 26 the "weird" Asteroid Toutatis with its unusual tumbling rotation will be 0.9 AU from earth on that day.

I have also been reading the reports about so many worldwide naval ships being deployed to the south pacific

I also read how NASA has a conference about how to deflect a potential High Risk Asteroid (or whatever they call it ) using supposed propulsion technology that essentially breaks an asteroid apart. They haven't done any testing or research at this point as far as I know ( i could be wrong though). Could this be part of a HAARP project initiative?

I have also noticed that Many governments around the world are in election years - U.S., Canada, Britain - whats up with that? Seems kinds suspicious to me in light of all the other strange happenings around the world. But then again maybe its just coincidence. If there is a global cataclysmic event It just seems like global control would be easier if certain countries were already in the mindset of "choosing a new leader". Most likely a corrupt one. But hey I'm cynical

And I don't think anyone can deny that there is some kind of dust cloud in the atmosphere. The other night in Canada i saw a fireball or shooting star which normally isn't a big deal but with all this "activity" going on around the world I wonder about that too.

Because my astronomy is seriously lacking i would like to know if any scientific people out there know if there is any chance any of these 3 bodies (asteroids and comet) can potentially interact or collide with each other at any time during their orbit and if there is a potential threat because of it or am I totally barking up the wrong tree? Like i said my scientific knowledge of this stuff isn't that great.

Any and all opinions would be interesting.

I guess i am concerned because for the last 2 months I have been driven to question my life and my purpose and reflect on life after death and what it means. I felt like i was going to die. I felt liberated by that feeling. Now i feel that it is getting close and it is scarey "not-knowing" and always wondering looking for the signs that seem to be all around us yet don't really add up to anything concrete. The interesting thing is i started questioning my life before i knew anything about these events and I beleive there was a reason i chose to do it at this very time.

Anyone else feel a sense of foreboding and nervousness?

thanks for listening and any info you can give me about those bodies closing in on earth.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Many governments around the world are in election years - U.S., Canada, Britain

Britain has just had local elections but we wont be having any that determine our leader untill next year.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Orias: Where did you get that picture from? I LOVE IT!!

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Pardon me, "Where's the asteroid? Why - Lost In Space!!

Danger Wil Robinson!!!
Sorry, after all the asteroid stuff - couldn't resist.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
THERE IS NO ASTERIOD!! IT WAS A HOAX!+

E_T

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
www.prophecykeepers.com...

If those object would be inside dustcloud which would prevent seeing them it would also prevent seeing stars behind that cloud and every amateur astronomer would notice if there would new "big hole" in the star rich southern sky.

Somehow that "devastating cloud" reminds me of Shadow Planet killer in Babylon 5.

www.b5tech.com...
hyperspace.isnnews.net...

Originally posted by pumpkyn
...were already in the mindset of "choosing a new leader". Most likely a corrupt one. But hey I'm cynical

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
-George Bernard Shaw

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by pumpkyn
The other night in Canada i saw a fireball or shooting star which normally isn't a big deal but with all this "activity" going on around the world I wonder about that too.

was it thursday night??? if so I saw it too!! Thought the same thing.. And wish to win the lottery too
sadly I lost my ticket

DAMN YOU SHOTTING STAR!!!

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
an asteroid smashed into a house in new Zealand......landed on the couch, made a big mess and all that.
There IS a thread about it here on ATS with the news links and all.

new topics

top topics

join