It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks founder Julian Assange hunted by pentagon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Wikileaks founder Julian Assange hunted by pentagon

www.thedailybeas t.com

Anxious that Wikileaks may be on the verge of publishing a batch of secret State Department cables, investigators are desperately searching for founder Julian Assange. Philip Shenon reports.

Pentagon investigators are trying to determine the whereabouts of the Australian-born founder of the secretive website Wikileaks for fear that he may be about to publish a huge cache of classified State Department cables that, if made public, could do serious damage to national security, government officials tell The Daily Beast.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I don't know how credible this is but if true then this guy must truly have something really big. 250,000 classified US foreign policy files. I read a thread while back saying they had stuff that will change the world, i think this is it. If he does end up in some kind of a strange accident then you know who did it.

Hopefully he will release before its taken down.

www.thedailybeas t.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
wow, I hope the files will be released soon.
Of course gov doesn't want US the people find out the truth.. but just wait, truth will come out .

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Hope he releases it all soon. It will keep his life as well 'safe'. If they murder him after releasing the world will know. I also hope he is safe too. I hope the evil pentagon doesnt get to him or threaten his life. The world is only a cage with illusions of freedom.

Edit:s&f

[edit on 11-6-2010 by chaosinorder]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Yeah im thinking it would be in his best bet to go ahead and release this "history making stuff" if indeed the link is credible.

As the above poster said if he releases it before he "commits suicide" that would most likely make it to MSM

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
This is big, i wonder whats going to happen next.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I hope he and his website are ready to launch, if the government finds him he is done and i hope he has enough ish that if anything does happen its immediately released to the public.

the government being so concerned is a BIG BIG deal

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Well,

Wikileaks to publish history making papers

Arrest of video leak

The more I read about this, the stranger it becomes, you see, the founder of wikileaks obviously has set up plans to release some very sensitive data in to the public arena, however, he hasn't done, so what is he waiting for? simple, he is waiting for a trade, and by deducing what wets the lips of many people around the world, this trade is centred around MONEY. The founder will only release the documents if the trade doesn't go ahead, I assume that he has spread the documents around many areas of the globe in order to keep control of the situation.

I expect if these document are real a trade will take place and this story will soon be forgotten. That said I will be waiting for my next nibble of the carrot when it is dangled in front of me.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
And so it begins ... he is now the most hunted man in the world. If I were him, I would release everything right now. What scares me if the lives it could cost. I mean, what if it describes CIA dealings? IE: The CIA has a mole inside N. Korea, for example?

Release it. Release it now. Let's get this party rolling.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
Well,

Wikileaks to publish history making papers

Arrest of video leak

The more I read about this, the stranger it becomes, you see, the founder of wikileaks obviously has set up plans to release some very sensitive data in to the public arena, however, he hasn't done, so what is he waiting for? simple, he is waiting for a trade, and by deducing what wets the lips of many people around the world, this trade is centred around MONEY. The founder will only release the documents if the trade doesn't go ahead, I assume that he has spread the documents around many areas of the globe in order to keep control of the situation.

I expect if these document are real a trade will take place and this story will soon be forgotten. That said I will be waiting for my next nibble of the carrot when it is dangled in front of me.
I would be very disappointed if your theory is right

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Ok...first I am not American. And I do not know the nationalities of those posting ahead of me on this thread, but...

Why wouldn't America, and in particular the Pentagon, not need to go after someone who is about to release classified communications in a time of war?

Why is this imperative seen as something sinister...or an attempt to cover up evil doings? In a time of war, any combatant nation is involved in all kinds of activities that it cannot afford to have revealed to its enemies.

I am sure that if this guy was about to release a raft of Al Qaeda emails, he would have Osama et al up his butt too!

This guy is Australian, an American ally with people in harm's way in Afghanistan. Depending on what this guy is threatening to release, this action is possibly treasonous.

What is wrong with people on here cheering for a guy that might cost lives of the guys fighting on our side?

Of course, as said earlier, I don't know where previous commentators hail from....

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Ok, so they can't find this guy?
How?
They know how he looks like, they could predict his travel pattern, they have spy sattelites, they have Third Echalon, they have CIA agents world wide and who knows what else.... Or do they?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
The pentagon would not be hunting him but the FBI and CIA may be.

Yes the government would like to find out how much he and the person that leaked the information were working together.

At a point if he knew the files were being stolen and from the US government he could be arrested for espionage and held in prison for years.

If i was him i would find a hole and and pull it in after me.

I would also burn any files i had and claim never to have had them or seen them.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I'm sure Assange was smart enough to make copies of all the data. And have it hosted on many different servers in many different countries. So even if he is captured it'd be a moot point.

If I were in his position, that's what I'd be doing right now!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

If it is history making stuff, I don´t know if it has something to do with war.
Firstly he is not stupid, he would not release files that would threaten Allied forces because the Establishment could then spin it so that (or even real) - millitary personal was killed because of a leak - an untold number of family members of killed personal would like to rip his skin from his flesh, and that he knows. War and Danger was always used by the PTB to make things disappear or make them unaccesible to others, always with the message that: It´s a matter of national security (more like: It is a matter of Danger to an established status QUO) - yes it is, but as a race we must evolve ... e.g. if there is a free energy tech than release it, even if it will cost a 100 or so milion people their jobs. Sorry, but status quo would lead in the end to that, that we would be exterminated by a big asteroid, supervolcano or a gamma burst.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I follow Wikileaks on my Twitter and have it sent to my phone. The last few days have been *very* active. Even if you don't Twitter, like me, I still highly suggest doing this to stay in the loop. These guys seems very nervous to me.

Be interesting to see what becomes of all this.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Just like theyre still looking for Bin Laden .. We all know how succesful that was..

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Something i don't understand according to this news. If J.Assange is hiding why :

Last twitter update 22 minutes ago on wikileaks twitter account :

Super panel tonight in Vegas with Julian Assange, Valerie Plame & Scott Risen | IRE10

Following the link, on this showcase website, you got :

Last Vegas IRE Conference - June 10-13
Walking the tightrope: The risks and rewards of anonymous sources
Friday 4:35 - 6 p.m.
Panelists: JULIAN ASSANGE

Actually at work, so i don't have the time to get more info on this showcase.

Maybe :
- it is not live conference, but remote conference ?
- or maybe J.Assange will not attended to it
- or ???

Anyway strange, isn't it ?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by digit78

Oh great, you just made it a lot easier for the Pentagon to find him. Thanks a LOT!!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
You can bet that the U.S. isn't the only one looking for this guy .

Every intelligence organization on the planet is looking for him now .

He has become the new Public Enemy Number One .

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join