It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Labour heading towards 3rd place

page: 1

join
share:
dom

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 04:16 AM
link   
In a dramatic local election it looks as if the Labour party will become the first party in living memory to poll 3rd place in the local elections while still being in power.

Projected votes show the Conservatives currently leading with 38% of the final vote, the Liberal Democrats second with 30% of the vote and Labour trailing with 26% of the vote.

David Blunkett has so far admitted that things are significantly worse than the Labour party had expected. Will this be the trigger that loses Blair his position as prime minister?

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 6-11-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This is interesting indeed. I wonder what the outcome of the general election will be. Personally I hope there will be one sooner rather than later, but I think Labour may try and gain some points back and put it off for as long as possible until they are sure they can win.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Hopefully a bad result in the local elections will give Labour the impetus to boot Blair out on his arse and replace him with someone who is not so obsessed with Europe that he is willing to betray his country on their behalf.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
It was confirmed as the worst result ever for a party in power. It's all to do with Iraq. The public were desperate to give Tony a very public kick in the balls over it, and for once, I think he's got the message.

new topics

top topics

join