It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walk For Peace!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Dear ATS users

i am fed up of the state of the world, i have just finished my degree, and getting work is impossible at the moment,

so i have been thinking, and i want to just get up and walk, walk for peace and equality.

i am fed up of the bankers making millions, when i know people from 19 to 30 who are out of work, willing to work but cant get any jobs, i am fed up of seeing homeless people and seeing war on TV.

I am in the UK and would like to know if anyone would join me to walk around the globe for peace and equality.

This is just an idea, but i would like to see the response.

Much love and Peace

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11/6/2010 by Mirthful Me]

CX

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS Apexvin.

Whilst i cannot join you on your walk for peace, i do wish you all the luck in the world with it. There were a couple of lads that did a walk around Britain a while ago, living off the land and all that, i spent the night drinking with them and discussing conspiracy theories when they passed through here.

Other than that, enjoy your stay here at ATS, if you've been here before, you'll love it even more......if it's your first time.....brace yourself!

Look forward to seeing you about the boards.

CX.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I can't see how pinning someone down and farting on them will make any difference.

When in Rome I guess, bust out your flute..

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Just curious, but what will walking around the globe actually do?

Are you going to confront some of the oppressive regimes you encounter with constructive, equality-based plans for social reform?

I'm just not sure what a global walkabout will do to bring peace to the world.

Don't get me wrong - I think you'd enjoy it and probably have the best time of your life. But don't go into it with delusions of changing the world. Do it for yourself and for enjoyment. Hopefully you'll meet some amazing people who will inspire you and change your life and conversely, you'll do the same for them.

But I think if you do it for trying to achieve world peace or under the idea that it might enlighten the hardline govts & institutions of the world to change, you might be up for a tremendous let down.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by noonebutme]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

Walking around the globe, well, wont change anything, It wont bring peace to the world, but in my mind i can at least spread a lil love and peace. and i agree with you, i hopefully will meet people who will inspire and vice versa.

As for trying to enlighten the world governments, haha, i havent a chance, and never thought i did.

Peace and love

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
no thanks.

i am fed up of the state of the world, i have just finished my degree, and getting work is impossible at the moment,

so like you want a year off or something?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

No, if i wanted a year off, i would take a year off!!!! I am not planning to walk until i have completed my masters. no need to be obnoxious. its just an idea that i had!!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by apexvin

sensitive aren't you.

I was going to mention in my previous post that it is against this websites T&C to try recruit people for an event.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by MR BOB]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Sensitive, yeah, got that in one, and as for the TC i shall read up.

Peace and love

top topics

join