It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Day I Died - Amazing BBC documentary on life after death (continuation of consciousness)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

Thanks so much for posting this. I love this subject and will be watching this after work tonight.

will be back in touch with my thoughts.

S&F

g

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MarshMallow_Snake

In my opinion, you aren't meeting the actual spirits, you are "meeting" your interpretation of those people you know/knew on the worldy realm. They act and think like you, but the you are only viewing them from your experiences with them.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Pericle

I couldn't have put it better myself.

Everything is just conjecture untill you actually leave your body, and are in the warm embrace of the universe itself.

I highly reccomend it.

It is one thing to believe, .... yet another thing to know.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL

Originally posted by Faiol

- all experienced are based on the people BELIEFS, so well, its kind of "manipulated"

Or are all beliefs based on these experiences?

An interesting point, I haven't got the material anymore but some time ago I was reading an article relating to different experiences in different Cultures.

It seems that the Western World perceive the typical Tunnel Light, were as, say the Hindus, they perceive something completely different.
I can't remember the details exactly, but the experience seemed more sinister, like one Woman explained that she was chased around the Ward by Death itself

Certainly more study into this phenomenon, on a Global scale, needs to be done.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Been reading up about his theories and hes replied to all the critisism he got extremely well recently.

www.quantumconsciousness.org...

INTRODUCTION The Penrose-Hameroff orchestrated objective reduction (Orch OR)
theory postulates quantum computation in microtubules (MTs) inside brain
neurons as an explanation for consciousness. Orch OR has been attacked by
McKemmish et al (Phys Rev E, 80:021912, 2009) who assert Orch OR in MTs is
biologically unfeasible, and unsalvageable. BACKGROUND MTs are cylindrical
lattices of peanut-shaped tubulin proteins. The basic Orch OR idea is that
discrete MT tubulin states act as information bits and quantum bits (qubits) in
MT computers inside brain neurons. Orch OR suggests MT tubulin qubits switch
coherently and compute by entanglement with other tubulins, performing quantum
computations which self-collapse by Penrose objective reduction.

SPECIFIC CRITICISM OF ORCH OR McKemmish et al focus on switching between

discrete tubulin bit and qubit states, describing tubulins flexing between two
conformations (shortening by ~3%) depending on GTP hydrolysis to GDP. They
assert such GTP-dependent switching is involved in MT ?treadmilling? in
which MTs polymerize at one end and depolymerize at the other, finding such
conformational switching too slow for Orch OR.

Use the link to read it all.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
wow! great thread!!!
I haven't watched all the movies yet but I watched lots of documentaries like this

Tibetan Book of the Dead

the story about the BOTD is itself a phenomenal saga ,the contents are all about how the dead need to be guided out of this life through a series of readings from the book ,that explain to the deceased where he or she is what they are experiencing and instructions ,such as don't go to the harsh bright light choose the soft one .....that is the Lizard guardian just pass him do not fear him....and so on for 30 days

it's amazing and it fits what is now being learned from experiments such as the you are describing

there are a lot more things to be learned about this from the Tibetan Monks but in mu opinion they are the go to guys for anything you may want to know about the afterlife ,they had a comprehensive handle on this hundreds of years ago

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I might aswell add my own NDE experience now this thread has got going.

I was young an neive and using bromodragonfly with some mates at university. Everything was going well and we were tripping and having the time of our lives. When they left I decided to redose another 800ug to keep it going. Bad mistake. Bromo despite its legality is EXTREMELY vasoconstrictive when it wears off. When it started to wear off my hand started getting really cold, followed by my feet. I tried to ignore it and go to sleep, but it kept getting worse so I faced up to it and phoned myself an ambulance. Which is what you should ALWAYS do even you've been using drugs too much, they are there to help not enforce the law. By the time I was at the hospital my circulation was so bad even my head had started to go cold then I blacked out and apparently my heart stopped for over two minutes. Then I came round again.

Those two minutes were the weirdest and most "spiritual" minutes of my life by far. It started off with my mom shouting to me from a white haze, and I was watching myself as a kid playing in a sandpit. Then my dad and granparents were there laughing with them. Now I thought I was dead I had a sudden realization about how stupid I had been, and how much my parents loved me, how much everyone loved me and how much they were all worth to me. I said to them " I'm sorry, I've been such an idiot " and they just smiled and said " Its ok [....] thankyou for telling, you are going to be fine " And with that I relaxed and got really fast flashforwards of all the other times after that in my life that I had been cruel or nasty to people. I ended up in my old bed with my alarm going off thinking "thank god somehow I'm back home" but soon realised that this noise was the beating of the heart monitor in the hospital and I was surrounded by doctors.

I started crying, half wih guilt about some of the things I had just seen and with happiness to be alive, followed by an overwhelming sense of pure love that death is not the end, just a journey we all must go through. After that I was changed person, I made up with my parents, got a better job, saw more of my mates, appologised to loads of people, stopped taking drugs (well I am very responsible when I do use now socially) and ever since have been extremely happy and content with my life. It changed me, for the better.

I know that death is not the end, but its extremely hard to convince anyone unless they have experienced it themselves.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by ZeuZZ]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

That is by far one of the most moving stories I have ever read
literaly brought tears to my eyes

what a beautiful first hand account and irrefutable too. I'm so intrigued by the presence of your ancestors and their joyous,forgiveness of your misdeeds.

Seems from a certain vantage point we discover what really matters

thank you for sharing this beautiful experience with us

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I was thinking about the white light scenario a while ago and felt I came upon something, made a thread, but there is no reply to date, there is also a video there, what i saw was a video about the theory of relativity in effect, and showed at one point a white light when it is in full effect, is there any possible connection, such as our souls traveling and leaving earth possibly. Just an idea, let me know what you think.

My thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeuZZ
Funny thing is that after airing this documentary the BBC refused to ever air it again, and stopped it being sold on DVD. Maybe as they didn't want to be promoting "fringe theories".

Oh, I don't know about that. In the past two years I have seen it at least twice on BBC Entertainment (previously BBC Prime), and Discovery Channel (I think) also runs it often enough.
I know because I liked it a lot the first time I saw it, so I am definitely not confusing it with any other documentary. In total I've seen it at least five times in the past three years.

BTW, I think there is another thread about this documentary here.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

Hello Faiol,

Just had something to add to what you said

- all people seem to see relatives in their experience, thats just nuts, imagine if when you die, you will keep your body image, be in the same place as everyone else, waiting and helping the ones who are alive ... thats just like a HEAVEN like description and for me it doesnt make sense - all experienced are based on the people BELIEFS, so well, its kind of "manipulated"

My mothers NDE had 'levels' to it. The first was very earthly, seeing other body complexes she knew.

The next was her looking at her own beliefs, as if these showed her a view to her own inner understanding, nothing more.

Alot of her experience went against her 30 years of belief, as a devout Christian lady. She was shown that her mother had been reborn to keep learning, that Egyptians beliefs in RA being God was not so wrong, and that her belief in being saved through the blood shed of Jesus was a very earthly belief and could not save her, she actually had a terrifying experience of trying to clean up the blood along with many others trying to clean up the blood. She did not get judged by a 'outside source' like what her Bible taught her. She came away from it believing in many things she had not believed in. One of those things was...that there was advanced life here that helped us build the Pyramids. She also experienced a past life of herself, back in the days of Jesus. She experienced being a family member to the wife of Pilot. She recalled several things from this life, but mainly it was focused on how much turmoil Pilot went through with the death of Jesus and how the people demanded his death. She also now believes in a 'matrix' of sorts, because during and after the experience, she saw a matrix of energy and a yellow dust like substance that flowed along through the energy lines. She said everyone was connected to it.

Not claiming it as a fact, just a personal experience.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

Thank you for bringing the videos ZeuZZ...but thank you more for sharing your personal experience.

All my best to you
LV

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Near Death Experiences bring a nice warm fuzzy feeling to the cockles of your heart, don't they?

Too bad they are exactly what they claim to be, Near Death (as in not dead yet) Experiences. Your synapses firing wildly and your body shooting massive amounts of hormones and chemicals into your brain. Repeated experiments with Dimethyltryptamine have produced identical NDEs in people perfectly safe from death (in the immediate sense anyways.)

It's amazing what tricks our bodies can use when in a corner.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Yes, Strassman et al discovered that many of their subjects experiences closely matched those experiences by NDE victims. This does not take away credit from the "opposing" view however, thats a very subjective distinction.

And yes [from my post on another forum] "endogenous '___', produced in the human brain, is involved in certain psychological and neurological states. As '___' is naturally produced in small amounts in the brains and other tissues of humans, and other mammals, some believe it plays a role in promoting the visual effects of natural dreaming, and also near-death experiences and other mystical states.

Western and Eastern mystical traditions are replete with descriptions of a blinding bright white light accompanying deep spiritual realization. This "enlightenment" usually is the result of a progression of consciousness through various levels of spiritual, psychological, and ethical development. All mystical traditions describe the process and its stages.

The pineal gland is unique in its solitary status within the brain. All other brain sites are paired, meaning that they have left and right counterparts; for example, there are left and right frontal lobes and left and right temporal lobes. As the only unpaired organ deep within the brain, the pineal gland remained an anatomical curiosity for nearly two thousand years. No one in the West had any idea what its function was.

The pineal gland of evolutionarily older animals, such as lizards and amphibians, is also called the "third" eye. Just like the two seeing eyes, the third eye possesses a lens, cornea, and retina. It is light-sensitive and helps regulate body temperature and skin coloration—two basic survival functions intimately related to environmental light. Melatonin, the primary pineal hormone, is present in primitive pineal glands.

As animals climbed the evolutionary ladder, the pineal moved inward, deeper into the brain, more hidden and removed from outside influences.

These hypotheses are not proven, mainly due to ethical concerns and anti-drug legistlation, but they derive from scientifically valid data. The pineal is very hard to test as it is in the centre of the brain, and the person would have to be alive to produce any '___' because it is absorbed into the body nearly instantly.

The most general hypothesis is that the pineal gland produces psychedelic amounts of '___' at extraordinary times in our lives. Pineal '___' production is the physical representation of non-material, or energetic, processes. It provides us with the vehicle to consciously experience the movement of our life-force in its most extreme manifestations. Specific examples of this phenomenon are the following: When our individual life force enters our fetal body, the moment in which we become truly human, it passes through the pineal and triggers the first primordial flood of '___'. Later, at birth, the pineal releases more '___'. In some of us, pineal '___' mediates the pivotal experiences of deep meditation, psychosis, and near-death experiences. As we die, the life-force leaves the body through the pineal gland, releasing another flood of this psychedelic spirit molecule.

The pineal gland contains the necessary building blocks to make '___'. For example, it possesses the highest levels of serotonin anywhere in the body, and serotonin is a crucial precursor for pineal melatonin. The pineal also has the ability to convert serotonin to tryptamine, a critical step in '___' formation. The unique enzymes that convert serotonin, melatonin, or tryptamine into psychedelic compounds also are present in extraordinarily high concentrations in the pineal. These enzymes, the methyltransferases, attach a methyl group—that is, one carbon and three hydrogens—onto other molecules, thus methylating them. Simply methylate tryptamine twice, and we have di-methyl-tryptamine, or '___'. Because it possesses the high levels of the necessary enzymes and precursors, the pineal gland is the most reasonable place for '___' formation to occur."

[edit on 12-7-2010 by ZeuZZ]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
This papers probs the most interesting on this subject: www.medical-hypotheses.com...

While the endogenous hallucinogens, N,N-dimethyltryptamine, 5-hydroxy-N,N-dimethyl-tryptamine and 5-methoxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine, have been acknowledged as naturally occurring components of the mammalian body for decades, their biological function remains as elusive now as it was at the time of their discovery. The recent discovery of the trace amine associated receptors and the activity of '___' and other hallucinogenic compounds at these receptor sites leads to the hypothesis that the endogenous hallucinogens act as neurotransmitters of a subclass of these trace amine receptors. Additionally, while activity at the serotonin 5-HT2A receptor has been proposed as being responsible for the hallucinogenic affects of administered hallucinogens, in their natural setting the 5-HT2A receptor may not interact with the endogenous hallucinogens at all. Additionally 5-HT2A agonist activity is unable to account for the visual altering effects of many of the administered hallucinogens; these effects may be mediated by one of the endogenous hallucinogen trace amine receptors rather than the serotonin 5-HT2A receptor. Therefore, activity at the trace amine receptors, in addition to serotonin receptors, may play a large role in the sensory altering effects of administered hallucinogens and the trace amine receptors along with their endogenous hallucinogen ligands may serve an endogenous role in mediating sensory perception in the mammalian central nervous system. Thus the theory proposed states that these compounds act as true endogenous hallucinogenic transmitters acting in regions of the central nervous system involved in sensory perception.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
looks interesting, will def. have to watch when I get out of this office. Just saw a cool doc. on '___' and how the it links with consciousness, afterlife, and near death experiences.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
That was an amazing watch especially about the blind woman, thanks for posting it

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

glad somebody brought this back up. I forgot to add I am still asking why the hell was I brought back to this latrine of a world.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Because presumably the doctors were able to revive your dieing self.

No reason, no grand scheme, just good doctors.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Even more interesting than NDE's is Pre-Death Experiences. Two books,written by Dr.John Lerma,go into great detail about the pre-death experiences of his patients as a hospice doctor. The accounts are truly amazing,and are not limited to a few minutes but rather days. The books are call;ed "Into the Light" and "Learning from the Light". If your interested in this field you'll want to read these books. The aacounts are similar to NDE's but go one for days on end and are much more detailed and clear. They definitley changed my views on things.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join