It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lobbyists swarm as Wall Street bill talks start

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Lobbyists swarm as Wall Street bill talks start

money.cnn.com

WASHINGTON (CNNMoney.com) -- As lawmakers began the final push Thursday on a comprehensive Wall Street reform bill, lobbyists also made their final push -- in congressional hallways, on BlackBerrys and cell phones, and at restaurants and bars near Capitol Hill.

On Thursday, some 40 lawmakers gathered in a House committee room to give speeches and kick off a marathon, two-to-three week session of deal-making on key differences buried in the bills.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

"This is going to be a very open process," said Rep. Barney Frank, D-Mass., who was elected to run the joint committee encompassing negotiators. "Nothing will be put into this final bill that is not advanced, openly debated, subject to amendment by the conference process and voted on."

Yet, the conversations that go on outside the committee room spotlights are where much of the actual wrangling and arm-twisting goes on, lobbyists and congressional experts say.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is disgusting and it is the pinnacle of what's wrong with out current government. The sad fact of the matter is that our government is going to listen to these lobbyists over the American people. The only thing this bill/s will do, is help Wall Street in their goal of profiting at the expense of the American people.

Sadly, they are able to get away with this because the American people fail to hold anyone accountable. Things are only going to get worse until the American people say "enough!".

--airspoon

money.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Nothing good will come of this. I'd bet my last dollar on that, if I had my last dollar. If a bill that will supposedly control Wall Street, and it passes, well, follow the money. The Democrats screamed about this when GWB was POTUS. And since 2006, Democrats have controlled the govt. And they now have a POTUS of their same ilk, and all remains the same.

I recall reading something, probably here on ATS, where it was shown that the Wall Street gurus were in accord with whatever bill would be passed. Huh?

Do you think Wall Street would hang themselves out to dry? Do you really think that Hillary Clinton and all her cronies of both parties would agree to Chelsea, and all their friends, who earn a living trading derivatives, would allow their kids and friends lose their jobs and money?

Remember when Hillary was campaigning for POTUS, and she stood on a stage with her daughter next to her, claiming she would stop these business shenanigans that her daughter was enjoying a salary from? And Chelsea stood next to her and clapped her hands and smiled,

OP, I'm not saying you are one of these people who just go along, to go along. I am writing questions in general for anyone who might believe that there's nothing going on. For sure you know better, that is why you brought this thread to fruition.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Change we can believe in, correct? I didn't vote for him but I had hope. I was sure he was going to be a polarizing figure and end lobbying. Unfortunately, I got duped.

Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce to you, the 44th president of the United States of America. Mr. George Bush the 3rd, err, I mean, Mr. Barack Obama. Please give a round of applause.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

WASHINGTON (CNNMoney.com) -- As lawmakers began the final push Thursday on a comprehensive Wall Street reform bill, lobbyists...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

imho...

the top two 'lawmakers' on finance-regulatory ''reform''
i.e.: => Dodd and Frank

are undercover 'Lobbysts' right now,
the whole bill is a gutted out piece of Fluff

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
everybody get up out of your chairs and beds, go to the window and shout out " IM MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!"

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Follow the Goldman Sachs , whatever they do, is sure a sign of something about to happen. mAJOR

new topics

top topics

join