It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fancy restaurants and Olympic-size pools: What the media won't report about Gaza

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Hear is part of a post from another thread that ties in with this one.

The standard of living in Palestine is very high, compared to neighbouring countries (Jordan, Egypt, Syria).

Everyone is well fed, owns a car, has a house or an apartment, warm water, plenty of food.The reason Palestine is so rich compared to its arab neighbours is because of all of the Aid it receives from the West. thread

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Louwey

Thanks for sharing the Israeli Press Office release paper ..as user posted the below info. on similar other thread. It started all from here

Originally posted by Sheol
reply to post by dbates

Ahh just did a search and found where this propaganda is coming from

Government Press Office released a letter to the foreign reporters a controversial sarcastic about the realities of life in Gaza. Do not be heavy, morality bureau chief Danny Seaman

Full image of the letter

GPO recommends a restaurant in Gaza," said the head of sarcastic letter sent today to the Government Press Office on behalf of foreign reporters covering the events in the Middle East. "for the arrival of foreign journalists traveling to Gaza to deliver humanitarian reports of alleged problems in the area controlled by Hamas," it was explained at The letter, "as part of efforts to assist the work of journalists in the region, the Government Press Office glad to draw your attention toa menu attached to andinformation on the Restaurant Roots - Club in Gaza. "

Later in the letter recommends that GPO journalists to beep - Stroganoff restaurant mentioned the possibility to get a discount by presenting a press pass. Also, GPO recommends that foreign journalists planning to travel to Gaza to visit the swimming pool was opened there recently, and coffee fancy. Attached to the letter but a link toa video clip in which the look, the letter, "the luxury facilities" instead.

"The message speaks for itself," said Danny Seaman, director of the Government Press Office, in conversation with "The Seventh Eye."

At least I did not understand if it is serious or a joke.

"Because you must be a journalist, then you no sense of humor."

That is a joke?

"It's no joke, the restaurant is. Journalists know the place."

It's a way to say that the claims that a humanitarian crisis in Gaza are not true?

"You must be a young journalist, so completely was not affected even lack a sense of humor."

According to a sign, having understood Bela"m that foreign journalists are going to visit Gaza to cover the "rally ostensibly humanitarian crisis, without prominently display things real and comprehensive", it was decided to turn their attention to the existence of luxury restaurants and swimming pools.

One can imagine a situation in which one side has a luxury restaurant on the other hand has a broad layer of the population that receives the minimum required.

"You speak of Tel - Aviv? The New - York? About London? About Paris? Rally I do not see anyone coming out of these places. Nobody tells you that Gaza is a normal place. All based on the rally base to media reports highlighting the fact that there's a terrible crisis. Gaza is not like thirty years ago in Ethiopia. Gaza is like other places. Achshaitonim ignore and not report normal life there, they have a political purpose, and we point out the hypocrisy that exists. I'm just suggesting to those journalists who must have come out this week and give expression of the rally this joke, this hypocrisy of those active pro - Palestinian, or as they call them peace activists and human rights, what they talk about really. "

You do not think sarcastic approach may create antagonism?

"And that took care of that this matter seriously and we have contributed something? Try something else for a change. Will be those who love and who not, it really does not bother me."

According to a sign, a letter received sarcastic comments did not surprise him at all. "Those journalists who know the situation," he says, "understood the joke and laughed. Those who exploit their position in the international press to serve as a Palestinian propaganda heretics course were insulted and angry. Each player played his part, and I got what I wanted."

The Israeli government press office and its director, Daniel Seaman released the above letter and the statements.

Apparently, the aim was to hit two targets with one shot:
1. to support Israel’s claim that there is no humanitarian crisis in Gaza (hence the fine dining experience);
2. Ridicule the foreign press’ efforts to cover the humanitarian crisis and the international human rights flotilla making its way to Gaza to break the siege.

Sorry but failed, try harder!

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Sheol]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

I do notice that you rarely reply to a post..Thats not really in the interest of the site which is here to accomodate healthy debate on issues...

You may as well just blog..

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

Virgom
If there is a post that you think I should replay to you can just point that out to me. If a replay to my post makes a statement or an opinion that does not leave room for a replay to it then I see little reason to try to make a replay.

Also I work forty hours a week and am in school four days a week so I don't have to much time to surf hear and ponder up intelligent replays to every post.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Crimson_King

The irony is that you're using an Israeli site as a source to prove that Israeli news is nothing but propaganda.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
If the JDL istnt at work here then I dont Know anymore

Its always the same with the jews but after the boat incident the whole world watched people seem to be seeing through their masquarade.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

But the way that many prominent Western news media are deliberately misleading global audiences and systematically creating the false impression that people are somehow starving in Gaza, and that it is all Israel’s fault, can only serve to increase hatred for the Jewish state – which one suspects was the goal of many of the editors and reporters involved in the first place.

Yes, it's an international conspiracy to make Israel look bad.

It's not about the innocents being killed, it's not about the children not being able to have school books or paper. It's not about the open air prison that Israel has set up, which they so generously "gave" to the Palestinians.

Understandably, there is propaganda on both sides. This is the nature of war these days.

However, you can't really believe such an article can you? To say that they are dining at the best of restaurants and have an amazing economy of local shops.

I'm sure there are some successfull businesses in Gaza, sure. I'm sure there are a few hotels and restaurants that are kept a float by HAMAS and the journalists that frequent the area.

It doesn't change the fact that there IS a humanitarian crisis in that part of the Middle East. For both Israel AND Palestine.

Obviously, the status quo has to change, or we will end up with more blood and propaganda on both sides.

Everybody needs to come together, stop this senseless BS and take responsibility for each other's actions and solve this problem.

This sort of thing only makes it worse.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Not sure where you're coming from...

He's showing us the propaganda from the Israeli site about Gaza...

Seemed simple to me...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
hello everyone myself Suhail from kashmir , i reading this blog ATS for almost a week , seeing this blog fancy life style in gaza make me think of our own kashmir , kashmir has a perception of being afganistan troops killing people , militant blowing up the military post , but the truth is differnet from perception , like all most all in east when they heard word american all it comes to mind like fancy cars , beautiful girls ready to # , unlimited money . king like life , but you americans will knew better then me that life in america is not bed of roses , i am grown reading sidney sheldon , perhaps life story of him only tells how difficult is to earn money in america , i got a friend
getting job in america , though he is their for 1 year yet he didnt have sex with a girl , telling me that perhaps its not easy to # americans girla as it looks on the TV . similary all have misconception about the places in the world kabul is not as bad as it looks , my cousin is working there , what he says afgan have a healthy life style they cant have their without coca cola , and they hate pakistanis the most not americans .

so in short i can say we have a image of something in mind and its hard to
remove that image like it says all arabs are not dumb , all americans are not materialistic , all afgans are not fighter , all indiand are not miser

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
Hear is part of a post from another thread that ties in with this one.

The standard of living in Palestine is very high, compared to neighbouring countries (Jordan, Egypt, Syria).

Everyone is well fed, owns a car, has a house or an apartment, warm water, plenty of food.The reason Palestine is so rich compared to its arab neighbours is because of all of the Aid it receives from the West. thread

As you may have noticed, the restaurant in this other thread is EXACTLY same one mentioned in the OP. What's more, the promotional video for that restaurant dates back to pre-blockade days. I have no idea personally, what they have on the menu now, given that the Israelis decide whether pasta should be considered a luxury and banned, while rice may be allowed in.

So what do we have here? So far as I know, we have multiple reports of same ole restaurant. Double dipping. Propaganda in its ugliest.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by suhail000

so in short i can say we have a image of something in mind and its hard to
remove that image like it says all arabs are not dumb , all americans are not materialistic , all afgans are not fighter , all indiand are not miser

Very good point. We all have this image in our head about other countries and people and sometimes the truth can be very surprising. I am guilty of this myself and think the only answer is to travel more.

On another note, Kashmir is a place I want to visit.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
And next week I will be posting a story about a new seaside resort in Somalia. They have got a new Pirates of Somalia theme park and fantastic fine dining. Apparently it is very hard to get a table at their most famous restaurant. You know how it is with high-class eating!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

I think I have eaten at that Somali restaurant. They have excellent stone soup, sprinkled with sea salt and the best imaginary steak, garnished with hand tossed dirt. However, I have to recommend the roasted infidel thigh, marinated in savory body juices and served with a pinch of pubic hairs.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Is it really a swimming pool ?

More likely a cooling pond for nuclear material ?

Those Pali's are a crafty lot

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon

I think I have eaten at that Somali restaurant. They have excellent stone soup, sprinkled with sea salt and the best imaginary steak, garnished with hand tossed dirt. However, I have to recommend the roasted infidel thigh, marinated in savory body juices and served with a pinch of pubic hairs.

--airspoon

Yes, that's the one. If you don't tip they shoot you. Personally speaking, you can't beat dining in a war zone. It is all about the ambiance!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
There is another thread similiar to this one.

Like i said in the other thread, so what if Gaza has a couple of nice restaurants or a swimming pool! that does not take away the fact that the people there are being continuously mistreated by the Israeli government.

WOW they have a restaurant! there must'nt be anything bad happening there!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
Is it really a swimming pool ?

More likely a cooling pond for nuclear material ?

Those Pali's are a crafty lot

Damn, you've got it. Quick make a thread: Nuclear cooling rods stored in Gaza restaurant swimming pool.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
There is another thread similiar to this one.

Like i said in the other thread, so what if Gaza has a couple of nice restaurants or a swimming pool! that does not take away the fact that the people there are being continuously mistreated by the Israeli government.

WOW they have a restaurant! there must'nt be anything bad happening there!

They might have a restaurant, but there's no food to serve.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Well, after the flotilla masacre, Israel is now allowing twinkies and doritos into Gaza. Talk about gourmet!

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Louwey

You know I always wondered why other Islamic countries in the area didn't come to Palestine's aid, now I know why.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join