It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Walker and Artist Alan Bean.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I just saw an interview with Alan Bean on Colbert report and just had a thought.

During his interview he said "I wanted to show regular people things they don't know" meaning things that only astronauts or those very closely connected would know. He was describing what he wanted to do with his art, which are paintings from his point of view from space. (There may be other things i only saw a few.)

What I found possibly interesting is at the end he mentioned he likes to use texture in the paint also which couldn't be seen very well on TV but they showed how boot prints where in one. The paintings seemed very normal, things everyone has seen in pictures before if you are interested at all in space exploration. Could he have possibly incorporated the "things regular people don't know" in the paint textures, maybe spacecraft like what Mr. Aldrin has alluded to.

Obviously this is probably nothing but it would be neat to get a closer look at some of them and see if anything unusual pops up.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Interesting point...however, would have to be in front of the original work to determine if it indeed held these "easter eggs" in the textures.

Or an extremely detailed print - I have seen prints with texture before, to mimic the original work, but I think it is a set pattern imposed on top of the print - not a replica of the topography of the original at all...

CDS

Any idea where his gallery is?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Cole DeSteele

His website: www.alanbean.com...

Some of his art is at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum: www.nasm.si.edu...

I would be inclined to think these little easter eggs would be in maybe one of the ones he sells to the public, who apparently pays quite a bit of money for this art.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Here is a link to the Colbert interview:

www.colbertnation.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
The 'things people don't know' refers to what it takes and what it feels like to walk on the Moon, and how that experience changes a person. Bean has made this very clear in interviews. In fact, he's even painted a picture entitled That's What It Feels Like to Walk on the Moon.

Interesting trivia fact: Alan Bean was the model for the astronaut character played by Jack Nicholson in Terms of Endearment.

[edit on 2/7/10 by Astyanax]

top topics

join