It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A summary of my precognitive dream experiences.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Since I have taken such a strong stand for the reality of precognitive dreams, I feel it only fair that I try to share these experiences from a historical viewpoint and how these experiences shaped my current world view.

In 1987, when I was 15 years old and started to lucid dream thanks to an Omni magazine article regarding Lucid Dreams written by Stephen Laberge. Although lucid dreaming was an amazing experience, I had no idea the side-effect of becoming more dream aware would bring about a new experience which is commonly known as precognitive dreams.

In the Summer of 1987, I would have told a friend a particular dream in detail regarding some girls, the location and what we were doing. Unbeknown to me, this would be my first precognitive dream. What made it very interesting was it would be my friend who would point out the fact that the dream I had told him, had in fact came true.

The details certainly were the same, the same girls that we just met that day, the same location. I had a sense of déjà vu and did remember telling him the dream, but I considered it just some amazing coincidence and didn't even consider the alternative fact that it was precognition. At that time, I had no idea that precognitive dreaming even existed.

Soon other strange dreams would start to come true, little things like going to Dairy Queen with my Grandma, and I would sit there with a strong sense of déjà vu, remembering that I dreamed the same thing, but found it totally coincidental, certainly this was not the first time to go the Dairy Queen with her.

More and more seemingly mundane events in school, at home and abroad started to surface. I was becoming concerned that maybe my dreams were in fact coming true. I was in denial and it was creating a lot of fear. It seems this lucid dreaming adventure had opened up a Pandora's box that I was not prepared for.

The dream that set in stone for me that this was something more then coincidence was a very mundane dream indeed. I remembered it because it involved a friend of my Sisters who would sit with me on a couch and play footsies with me, underneath a blanket. I recognized the movie that was on TV at the time, it was Evil Dead.

I also remember thinking about the dream that day, recounting the details clearly to myself.

As time passed, I would come home from my friends. My sister was sitting on the couch with her friend, they had a blanket over them. They were watching Evil Dead. I sat on the couch facing the east wall, the same couch in the dream. I started to remember the dream and recounted the fact that her friend was actually siting on this couch with that blanket and she was playing footsies with me.

In a way, the fact this dream seemed to show a coincidence of details, the fact she was not sitting on the couch with me as in the dream gave me a sense of relief. I remember thinking how close a dream can convey a real life event, but clearly not in any accurate detail. There was one logical flaw, the dream hadn't come true yet.

My sisters friend was scared of the movie, and she reasoned that me being a couple years older was safer to sit with. Scared of the movie, she gets up with the blanket and sits with me, covering up and rationalizing her fear which justified the switching of couches. My heart started to race, and fear started to kick in. I looked at the movie and back at her. As she settled in and the synchronicity between the dream memory and physical event actualized, I noticed the scene in my dream was now on TV, and sure enough, she started to play footsies.

The fact I completely reviewed the dream memory before it occurred sunk the hard logic fact. A dream I had dreamt in the pass had now clearly came true. The subjective evidence and memory made it hard for me to ignore this fact. It scared me to death. I thought I might be loosing my mind.

In that time period, I was also recording my dreams to a small degree on my computer. I had this one dream where I was with another friend, and we were talking about dreams and he made a comment, “How do you know you are not dreaming right now?” In the dream, it really creeped me out because I knew I was dreaming. He also told me about Robert A. Monroe and Far Journeys and how in the future people would just leave a host body underneath a tree and go out-of-body.

I remember writing a summary of this dream in my journal. When this dream actualized, I was at my friends place. We got into this philosophical debate and I told him that I had dreams that were coming true. He just looked at me, and asked, “How do you know you are not dreaming right now?” and it hit so hard, that creepy feeling from the dream was my fear an panic that his statement caused to me. In a non-linear relative way, I was dreaming, or had been dreaming. However, now I technically was not. Or was I? I didn't know, I became very confused and afraid.

I started to panic and fear hit me really hard. He started to tell me about Robert A. Monroe, and I was anticipating the next part. As he was about to tell me about the tree, instead I told him what he was going to say next just as he was about to say it.

From that point onward, he was creeped out and I explained that I had dreamed the entire event. This friend would be one of the most rewarding people to share these experiences with from that point on.

That night I raced home and looked at the entry in my journal, and it had a few key details, and part of the conversation written down. Staring at that text only amplified my fear. I had two pivotal dreams that locked in the hard fact that somehow, unexplainable to me, something I had dreamed came true.

From this point, I would start having so many dreams come true it was staggering, the more I tried to deny it, the more it seemed they would pour out in the most profound ways. I started to express my fear to my parents, which wasn't helpful. They started to get concerned.

As time went on, I would have a few more dreams where I could anticipate what people would say next, finish sentences for them. I would even have a dream where I was trying to be romantic to a girl I liked roll out where I anticipated everything she would say and do as I gave her flowers and a teddy bear.

The fear an panic started to subside thanks to my friend, he was the only person I could trust in sharing this with, so many other people simply thought I was going mad.

It would be things he couldn't dismiss, I told him about a Goat tied to the school flag pole and he laughed at such a notion, but that year the grad class would tie a goat to the flag pole.

In other cases, I had a friend who was telling me about his friends band, I had no clue about it in real life, but I told him the cover name and the design just before he was going to tell me. In reality, that caused him to instead asked me if I had already talked with his friend (they wanted me to do the art) and I answered no. He just looked totally puzzled.

I would also tell my friend about a dream where he married this Girl that we were just starting to get to know, and sure enough, this also would happen. He and she have never forgotten that dream.

With fear now turning to acceptance and my curiosity now being more about exploring this experience rather then fearing it, I would turn to trying to look at this in the place where it was happening most. The dream itself.

The next dream to emerge would shift my materialistic view of the Universe forever. I have told this dream a few times so you may have read it. What happened in this particular case, I would have a lucid dream and rise up a few feet into what seemed was a void. This voice asked me in English, “What would you like to experience?”.

I responded, “I would like to experience people setting aside their social, political and religious beliefs to just enjoy each others company.”.

The voice responded, “Very well.” And a two-dimensional square opened up in this void like state. In the window, I could see myself standing on a beach that I recognized. I was fully awake and conscious at that time, in the same manner that I am now as I recall this event.

In that dream, I projected into the 2D window and entered what was my dream body, or at least what I thought was my dream body. The dream had friends that I knew from school. It was my graduation year so I would have been 17 going on 18 at that time.

There were some very key details in the dream, such as a biker and his wife pulled up and he had a guitar. He played a Pink Floyd song called, “Wish you were here.” and I sang along with them.

In another moment, a group of people put on this play for me, which was fun to watch. It was a great time, and I enjoyed every minute of the dream. I knew the whole time I was dreaming, I was fully awake and conscious. When I had enough fun, I left the dream and returned back to the void.

I thanked the being/voice and woke up.

That year, I was with two of my friends that wanted to celebrate our graduation by going to the beach and roasting marshmallows and hot dogs. When we arrived there, I started to pick up the similarities. What is very hard to convey was the synchronicity between the moment that I projected into my dream body from the 2D window in the void like dreamstate, to the moment when I stepped on the beach that coincided with this synchronicity.

It was like a aura of déjà vu that I had never experienced in my whole life. It was so powerful, so overwhelming that even typing about it cannot convey the impact this event had on me. For the first time, I would have what I can only describe as a lucid precognitive dream.

Continued...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
For the first time, I would see physical reality from the same perspective that I see a lucid dream. The realizations were very clear, inescapable. This physical reality, as unthinkable and unbelievable as it might seem, was a type of dream. Or at least, that is what I rationalized based on the experience at hand.
Sure enough the dream unfolded as I had dreamed it in the lucid state. I went along with the dream and had this new overlay of internal thought chatter as I rationalized and feared and doubted the whole way through, up until the point that I had exited the dream.

The group that put on the play as it turns out was a traveling Christian group that was preforming the play for schools. The girl I was talking to in the dream liked me and asked if I wanted to see the play of which I answered yes. It was totally uncanny. A real you had to be there event to believe it.

What ever belief I had in a physical reality was stripped from me that day. I had crossed a bridge that I did no know existed, and forever would I now exist in what I could only surmise was some type of dream that followed a chronological order of events.

My parents by this time were hitting a massive fear button because I had become so accepting of these events and so open to talk about them that they were sincerely thinking I needed professional help. It would be this fear and uncertainty that led me to tell my mother in explicit detail a dream that I had.

I was very coy about explaining every detail, careful to use hand gestures to explain abstract visual events. The dream was regarding a new sprinkler system that my parents had installed. I told my mom that unlike a traditional sprinkler that had the hammer like head, this one sprayed streams of water like a flower, and I used my hand and fingers to describe the rotation.

I told her we were on the balcony and there was a fire on Munson Mountain, a very famous mountain in my town. Further more, my father started to freak out and yell at me.

She said that was interesting because they were planning on having a new underwater sprinkler system installed. She sipped at her coffee and told me that I had some really good dream recall and I should be a writer with my imagination.

Time went by, and one day my parents wanted us to go out and see the new water system they had installed. We walked out on the deck, and there was a fire on Munson mountain. The water sprinker had just turned on as we looked over and the head popped up showing the grass in a flower like stream pattern as I had described.

What I didn't tell my mom, was that she also freaked out. She suddenly screamed, “I know this!”

“OH MY GOD! I NOW THIS!”, she screamed even more. “I don't know how, but I know this.”.

“Mom, remember that dream I told you? That's how you know.”, I told her.

She looked at me in fear. My father turned on me and yelled, “You are messing with powers you don't understand!” He started to scream and yell irrationally at me. I just stood calmly letting him vent. This event would result in me leaving my parents and nearly not talking with them for 2 years.

It was something that they were not able to deal with.

Other dreams that came true also showed me that I didn't always like knowing what was going to happen next, for example a dream where I had a surprise gorilla at a restaurant for my birthday, and I couldn't hide the fact that I already knew it.

In other cases, I realized it was good to know things before they happened, like when my Dog died. The dream that I had which came true to the T concerned me enough to spend as much quality time with my Dog before his demise.

When these dreams would be about family, they were not as welcomed as the one with the Dog. By the time I was 18 years old, I had moved out of my parents house and had experienced hundreds of dreams that had come true since the start back when I was 15.

The epic dream actually gave me a bit of a reprieve from this experience. I was so exhausted from having such an event, it seemed to just make every other dream that came true uninteresting.

More Lucid Precognitive Dreams followed that event. In one case, I remember being in Vancouver BC walking off the sky-train downtown Vancouver to meet my brother on Robson street for a beer. In the dream, I met an actor from SCTV named Joe Flaherty who was at a restaurant called O'Douls. My brother and I sat with him at the bar and talked about SCTV and other movies he was in.

When this dream came true, the synchronicity when I walked off the sky-train was again exceptional. It was this dream that sparked my curiosity: Could I change a dream before it came true?

This questioning inspired what would start a mapping phase of dreaming where I tried to invoke a change on a dream to see if these changes would come true. It would be a simple technique of leaving a geometrical shape on something to see if that would happen.

The result of this experimentation would in fact prove to me that I could in a very controlled way, change a dream that was precognitive in nature and these changes would in fact come true.

In 1998, I would satisfy nearly all my curiosity about this phenomena and as a result I had some amazing experiences with phenomenology related to the changes I had made during a lucid precognitive dream.

Here is a link to the thread which has some of those results. LINK

I retired from this exploration and started to focus on a career in flash animation and programming. My experiences with precognitive dreams started to subside and relax. Now it is just mildly occurring, most often symbolic precognitive dream verses the very literal lucid precognitive dream that I would leave in my wake.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

i really appreciate the time and effort you took to write that out and share it here.

i'm currently on my own dream investigation adventure - one that i took up almost a decade ago after deciding not to dream about 10 years before that.

my dreams came true frequently and this didn't bother me until they told me of something that i did NOT want to happen; but still it did.

so i shut it off, so to speak.

now i don't worry about the precognitive part of it - i'm concentrating on the parallel dimension aspect, for lack of any better description.

what you've testified about, in regard to will power affecting life through *dreams* is something i can now think about in my own travels.

i can't wait to see what happens!

thanks again!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Interesting post.

I too have had these dreams throughout my life.Interesting because so has my wife.

The Native Americans say that these dreams are a result of our spirit guides.

I Read an interesting book about Tibetan Monks at the monastery in Lhasa and their take on it is.
Upon entering into this state our spirit body projects from the physical body connected by an umbilical cord of sorts, originating near our navel.

And once we are in that spiritual realm time is non existent. We can go backwards and forwards in time at will.

This is what enables us to see into the future.

But this is also where the Native American spirit guide explanation enters, you are being shown these events for a reason.

Now if I could only see those 6 power ball numbers in one of my dreams.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
what you've testified about, in regard to will power affecting life through *dreams* is something i can now think about in my own travels.

i can't wait to see what happens!

thanks again!

I felt that posting this would help some people, if we don't share then we can't pass on knowledge. I am excited to hear that you might take an interest in exploring changing a dream before they come true.

Please do share any success with me, I would love to hear about it.

Originally posted by nh_ee
Now if I could only see those 6 power ball numbers in one of my dreams.

You and me both, I had had 1 dream that had lottery numbers in the form of clouds, I did play *what* I remembered and for the life of me could only remember 4 out of 6 numbers so played 5 tickets based on that set, and won 5 times off of 4 numbers, but never got the final two... crazy.

I really wish I had more control over it, for the most part it's just a crap shoot... you hit or miss a dream that comes true, I do think we can learn to develop a skill.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I've had tons of precognitive dreams, some really good but I can't for the life of me do lucid. I mean, I have had lucid dreams, but I can't make them up myself if you know what I mean. I have so many scenarios that I'd love to shove into a waking dream. OMG.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

When I was in my teens I had the same exact ability,
So I believe you. Now I don't dream at all, or not much.
One dream that proved me that I was dreaming the future
was my first day in chem class in college. I had precognitive dreams before,
but nothing so powerful because I actually remembered every single
part of the dream and compared it to the event unfolding and it was
exactly the same, this turned my theory into fact. Deja vu's are
events that occur that you already dreamed about. Makes you think about time,
and if it really is linear, and if you have free will...
It seems you answered this question, I was never gifted enough to dream
many precognitive dreams, i was merely aware of their existence through personal experience. You seemed to explain a paradoxical question I had about free will via scientific method, and I thank you. This solves my 10 year question. We have free will.

PS. Had a lottery dream once too, woke up and couldn't remember the numbers, you can imagine how offed I was.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Radekus]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Hearing about your and other peoples experiences is what I feel so passionate about the need to share. It is something that we all need to look at and come to hopefully a scientific and practical understanding of this phenomena.

It certainly had impacted my life in a huge exponential way, and I cannot ignore the reality of it, even if I feel judged by those who lack the experience.

If everyone could please try to also summarize your experiences and post them here, I would find that to be a real benefit. Also please share your theories and ideas as to why and how it happens.

@Radekus If feel your pain on the lotto dreams lol, but if we can develop a skill, and have techniques and ways to train ourselves to do this better, who knows we may be able to achieve such goals.

For me, it's like I am hit by a spray of datastream in the form of dreams when I sleep, it creates chaos and confusion (maybe by design) not to mention distractions. It is just rare opportunities that I manage to reach a focus state that has precognitive potential.

I'll come back later tomorrow and try to share some theories that have been surfacing regarding the phenomena, at work now so can't really take time.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Contrary to what you posted you do not need a magazine article or any book to learn to lucid dream.

I have done it since I was a small child.

I thought everybody had the ability to do what I did,lucid dreams,precognition,OBE's,self healing.

How is a small child to know that the ability he has is not "normal".

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

Thanks for sharing, do you care to elaborate on some of your experiences, particularly in the self-healing? Not everyone has these gifts, and some need to realize they are there to even begin to develop and nurture them, by sharing your experiences you help others find self-similar experiences within their own self.

If you don't mind, please elaborate

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
My name says it all. I have been on a quest to seek out what my dreams mean for years.
So many of dreams came true. I once had a web site that was shut down that logged my dreams/predictions. I may do a web site again. Back in the day when MSN groups where around I got an e-mail stating my web site was too controverisal. I believe in reality it was too scary.
I had a dream of 9-11 the dream said in around 200 days this will happen. It showed a major city with people running from a plume of smoke. It was so real to me that when I woke up and saw this scene I said this has already happened. Only a few seconds later I jumped up out of my bed to realize this was my dream. I looked at the paper I had on my night stand with the date I had the dream and I counted 198 days had gone by since then.
Then I had another dream about the bridge collapse and it happened not long after.
I had a dream of a tornado and the next day it happened in that exact place. I was able to keep my family safe because of it. I told everyone to stay home that day. In reality it was smart because the tornado happened within the area we live, shop and work.
I had a dream of the Ukranian martial law and posted on ATS about it. I don't know if it helped but I did what I could.
If I think something is signficant I will share it to help others.
In my dreams I can fly, walk on water and have very cool super powers. I am so dissapointed when I wake up to learn I can't fly anymore. Flying is the most peaceful experience ever.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Let me get this straight. You are lucid dreaming and going with the flow, as in, you're awake in random dreams and some are coming true. Or, lucid dreaming and controlling the dreams? Or both?

You are also doing dream incubation? i.e. you're intending questions before the dream and getting the answers in your dreams?

I had another question and it's gone,

I started a thread a few days ago. All about Papillon and his lucid dreaming while in prison. Can you take a look and tell me if his descriptions are similar to your experiences? Thanks.

Very interesting topic.

Originally posted by Oneolddude
Contrary to what you posted you do not need a magazine article or any book to learn to lucid dream.

I have done it since I was a small child.

You're really lucky, I've been trying forever. I'm useless. Have had some good hits with dream incubation and precognitive dreaming but the lucid stuff evades me. Soon as I get a lucid picture I go "wow," then it's gone.

I'd like a look at that OMNI article if it's still around.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by wigit]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
I had a dream of the Ukranian martial law and posted on ATS about it. I don't know if it helped but I did what I could.

Could you link me to that thread? I found your dream threads on tornadoes and other disaster dreams.

Originally posted by wigit
Let me get this straight. You are lucid dreaming and going with the flow, as in, you're awake in random dreams and some are coming true. Or, lucid dreaming and controlling the dreams? Or both?

It is going with the flow, they are random dreams and I was attempting at one point to change them in hopes that it the dream qualified as a precognitive one, that the changes would happen here. The did, and that was probably the peak of the experience for me to date.

Originally posted by wigit
You are also doing dream incubation? i.e. you're intending questions before the dream and getting the answers in your dreams?

I have had some success with dream incubation, it was dream incubation that also taught me or at least revealed to me some of the mechanics behind precognitive dreams.

Originally posted by wigitI started a thread a few days ago. All about Papillon and his lucid dreaming while in prison. Can you take a look and tell me if his descriptions are similar to your experiences? Thanks.

I read the thread, it sounds like he was able to lucid dream, and having claimed dreaming his life as you can see with threads like this one that many people are experiencing this particular paradox.

Here is the omni magazine article, someone transcribed it for the internet.
www.sacred-texts.com...

new topics

top topics

join