It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of remains misidentified in Arlington Cemetery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

WASHINGTON – An Army investigation has found that potentially hundreds of remains at Arlington National Cemetery have been misidentified or misplaced, in a scandal marring the reputation of the nation's pre-eminent burial ground for its honored dead since the Civil War.

WOW! This is nuts!!! Can you imagine how the families of these deceased soldiers must feel right now? My heart goes out to the loved ones involved in this colossal screw-up.

I mean this is Arlington National Cemetery, not the Pet Semetary. It is for all intensive purposes a living (probable a bad choice of words) document of the Nation's military history. Again, WOW!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
The older they are the more of a chance the remains might be unidentified. Back in the days of the civil war there was a huge chance of a mix up. Some U.S. wars were "better" than others at identifying U.S. casualties. Today there is a slim chance of that ever happening. 20 plus people get buried in Arlington Cemetery a day. From people in Afghanistan, Iraq and immediate family members of any person that has ever served in the military. I worked in Arlington cemetery for close to a year.

join