It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Many ATSers Would Be Willing To Petition In Favor Of Revoking B.P.s' Green logo Symbol?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
How Many ATSers Would Be Willing To Petition In Favor Of Revoking B.P.s' Green logo Symbol?

Can we petition to revoke British Petroleums’ right to that green logo symbol?
Why not?

Suffice it to say I don’t think they deserve to wear it. Not after the lies and control of information and statements they have made and their response and preparatory skills. No. they shouldn’t flaunt that logo. Just no.

Any ATSers willing to call their local representatives and request and support this idea?

Any ATSers willing to petition locally and make sure the right people hear about it?

I feel passionate about this.
Does this bother anyone else besides me?
Would you be willing to do this, and support this?

Feel Free to share how you feel and why.

Thanks,
E.T.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I'm sure that'll teach 'em...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Actually, why petition? I advocate a bit of vandalism, printout stickers of oil covered animals, or pictures of the spill and raid the local BP and stick them over the logos on the pumps.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Very soon BP will be a hostile take-over time is right for scumbag like warren buffet of Shell but stock needs to keep dropping more. More hostile Obama criticism and full disclosure of damaged well casing and FACT that no way in Universe relief wells are done by August.... New company can be like Sir Lancelot ride in on Helicopter and claim BP did it all wrong but don't worry WE (Shell) will save the day! Exxon will never do it because they have the right oil strategy and learned much after Valdez.

BP will fall in under 30 days

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I agree with the OP that the green logo thingie is an abomination now. I was actually wondering if it would damage the reputation of the color green in future corporate logos and advertising.

Yeah, I think it should go, too. But to be perfectly frank, there are a whole lot more serious things I'd like to petition them for before that one. Corporate attention spans are often pretty short and it might be better to pick our battles. I'd be a lot happier with a solid petition that would nudge them in the direction of taking more ACTION, RIGHT NOW, for what they have done.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

What is taking a logo away from BP going to do? Really?

I would consider breaking my vow of not participating in our (lol) democracy if someone could point out how that would do any good.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by broahes

What is taking a logo away from BP going to do? Really?

Nothing logo means crap if BP can even survive they will change it anyway.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I just had a fit of gallows-humor giggles trying to imagine an appropriate replacement for the logo.

How about a nasty, sagging, drooping glop of black oil shading into about 12 repulsive shades of brown as you move outward? The letters "BP in the center would be made of bones. Ring the whole thing with skeletons of various forms of marine life.

Perhaps somebody with photoshop skills can come up with something appropriate...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by undercover reptoid
Actually, why petition? I advocate a bit of vandalism, printout stickers of oil covered animals, or pictures of the spill and raid the local BP and stick them over the logos on the pumps.

I think i'm going to make up some tie-dye (sp?) tee-shirts with their logo on the back covered with blotches of black and a picture of the map of the gulf.

maybe we could forgo the vandalism and just make it a law to put a picture of a stork/pelican/turtle, etc... on all cars' gasoline tank fill doors.

just some thoughts,
ET

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
I just had a fit of gallows-humor giggles trying to imagine an appropriate replacement for the logo.

why not be literal for a moment and realize their true symbol all along was never that green thing but another green thingy ...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$$

i don't believe the laws of government should demonstrate anti-nature or anti-home or anti-environment actions and behaviors.

to help put the real cause for this mess in a relative perception i think recognizing and acknowledging flaws in the "super-ego" in comparison to the id and ego (theories) might help "us" understand their agenda(s).

look at the facts coming to light concerning the corners BP cut to save $$ and time.

just some thoughts,
ET

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
All oil companies are bad & BP is the worst.

BP & all of its subsidiaries should be banned from EVER doing business in or about the United States.

They knew there was corrosion in the Alaska pipes & did nothing & had an oil spill.

They had numerous safety violations, but the government said self-regulation was the best option. When the gov got complaints they wanted to inspect BP facilities & BP wouldn't let them, so they had to get a warrant. & they found
80% NON-compliance.

BP had a refinery blow up & kill workers in Texas. Again wanton negligence to cut corners for profits.

In this latest Gulf disaster, they didn't want to go through the standard practice of drilling an exploratory well first & jumped straight to an extraction well, to cut money corners.

BP is the worst of the worst.

This current blowout, if it EVER gets capped should be nationalized & BP should be given a plane ticket back to London, with instructions to customs that they are NEVER to return again.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
so now they (BP controlled information) are estimating the leak that was originally 15,000 gallons a day is closer to 2,500,000 gallons a day???

so the geniuses in charge were only off by .. stupid% ??

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Perhaps it is not fair for BP to use a green logo in light of the recent disaster. However, under the trademark laws of the US, one cannot take away a trademark just because the mark holder is unpopular.

The best way to protest BP and its trademarks is to speak out against BP. Make the words "BP" or "British Petroleum" synonymous with slime and filth. A trademark is only as valuable as the goodwill behind the trademark, and if the mark has no goodwill, it is worthless.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I'm all for it, being as I live in the Gulf coast area.

A forum on ATS with the logo, is extremely offensive to me.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

How about this? You can still use the green.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
BP = Bleeding Poison............Truly what they are (into the oceans)

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I think we're past symbolism here.

Seriously, they've destroyed part of the planet, and we don't even know if that's the worst of it.

I wouldn't care if they gave BP the peace prize, after all the gave it to Obama and people just said, "Ok...wtflulz!?"

This is so much more than a company logo, or a worthless president.

An entire ecosystem is being destroyed by the minute, with the potential to hurt the planet in ways we probably haven't even imagined yet, and that is saying a lot on the ATS forums.

They're playing a game here, saying everything "will be fixed soon." Meanwhile they're blocking the media from speaking to the people cleaning it up?

I don't care if BP changed their logo to a pelican, there is so much more going on with this and most of us are helpless to do anything about it.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Well, we did that already last fall, the company I work for that is. They sucked up tons of our business on a daily basis. This is just a regular BP franchise even. The rumor was that we stiffed them even, yet its just a rumor. We should have waited, because they have way too much on their plate now. Their lawyers are working overtime to try to stem the flow of litigation to let a couple hundred grand hurt them. Dam, timing is everything.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

top topics

join