It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How about 350,000 barrels or more per day?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by hdutton
I know it may seem to some to be a dumb question to most of you people, but I am courious and have to ask.

After the crude oil leaks out from the well and into the surrounding ocean, who owns it?

If some enterprising individual had a way to recover a sizable amount of this oil, could they then transport it to a refinery and sell it?

I know this is a simplistic way of putting forth such a question but it is the best way I can express my couriousity on this matter.

hmmm I think oil is contaminated so also BP blackwater guys would attack you for oil probably board craft arrest you and seize oil. BTW you would want a respirator for this...

so will you try this?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Well loam, it seems everyday I wake up and see a story about this. It's just getting worse and worse.
news.yahoo.com...

AP is now reporting as much as 2.1 million gallons a day.

sorry used the wrong word there just woke up not too long ago.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by antonia]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

You know, that map Yahoo posted can't be right. It doesn't even show oil anywhere near Florida, which we know it is!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

The AP is slower than a dehydrated snail. We all know that. I just figured it was worth hearing they were reporting a higher number. It seems every week they revise the number so you will eventually get to the truth...two weeks from now or something.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I agree. But what with reports of journalists being barred from affected areas, I'm getting suspicious about things like this. The map is dated June 10. C'mon, that map just isn't right.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

in my opinion that statement almost deserves its own thread.

I'm a little surprised noone has pointed out that this event, if as bad as some suggest, could potentially lead to the extermination of most life on this planet.

Should the leak continue for years, as some suggest may be possible, eventually the entirety of the worlds oceans could become polluted beyond the ability to support life. Not only would the total destruction of all ocean life be a tremendous loss of a foodsource, over time, hurricanes and storms would transfer that oil to landlocked lakes and rivers, and eventually into the groundwater.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo
reply to post by antonia

I agree. But what with reports of journalists being barred from affected areas, I'm getting suspicious about things like this. The map is dated June 10. C'mon, that map just isn't right.

I didn't say the map was right. I just posted the damn story.
As for the journalist issue, I have heard a bit about it. It's unfortunate, but if this is as bad as everyone is thinking, you shouldn't be surprised that BP and the government would go into damage control mode. It's isn't right, but it's shocking either.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Here's something from Jon Stewart about this mess.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

I didn't say the map was right. I just posted the damn story.
As for the journalist issue, I have heard a bit about it. It's unfortunate, but if this is as bad as everyone is thinking, you shouldn't be surprised that BP and the government would go into damage control mode. It's isn't right, but it's shocking either.

Easy antonia, I'm not blaming you for Yahoo's map!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/011472a1b250.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
True or not, I need to see proof from experts without an agenda, something that is sorely missing at this time as far as I can see.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
There are a couple ways to determine flow rate.

Experts using the approach of the OP (measuring oil slick size via satellite images) place it at about 5,000 bpd. If you want me to point to a specific source of error in your calculations, I'd say either media exaggeration of spill size or the commercial claim of paint-coverage vs. crude-oil-coverage. Probably both.

Other methods use image processing on what little video footage bp has released. These place the spill within the wide range of about 20k-100k bpd. The discrepancy between this and the satellite data is contributed to the presence of underwater oil plumes.

It seems like it'd be possible to calculate flow rate based purely on the Hagen-Poiseuille (or however you spell that second name) equation. As long as you know the depth of the leak, the angle of the pipe, the depth of the seafloor, and the depth of the actual oil chamber, as well as a few fairly-well defined constants and the pipe's internal diameter, you could calculate flow rate.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
reply to post by Stormdancer777

in my opinion that statement almost deserves its own thread. If that is the case it is an absolute disaster.

Hopefully some one will or has, I didn't because I wanted it verified .

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Here's something from Jon Stewart about this mess.

The Stewart vid is hilarious. Thanks, I needed that.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Greetings Nano-Bio-Seeds,

I hope you are all doing WELL... ('
')

Now let's get down to buSINess...

2 for tea Top secret Jesus sayings;

Buyers and merchants WILL not enter the places of my Father."

1>> He said, "A... person owned a vineyard and rented it to some farmers, so they could work it and he could collect its crop from them. He sent his slave so the farmers would give him the vineyard's crop. They grabbed him, beat him, and almost killed him, and the slave returned and told his master. His master said, 'Perhaps he didn't know them.' He sent another slave, and the farmers beat that one as well. Then the master sent his son and said, 'Perhaps they'll show my son some respect.' Because the farmers knew that he was the heir to the vineyard, they grabbed him and killed him. Anyone here with two ears had better listen!"

2>>
Jesus said, "If a blind person leads a blind person, both of them will fall into a hole[WELL]."

Now about the Oil thing... You are all going to have to put your made in China promotional give away calculators for a Nano-second that really is an hour('
')
and get back to fantasy.

What if the un-conventional enemy is from an un-conventional planet not like Earth('
')... you choose to see the Oil as oil because that's the vibration you feel with your eyes... you SEE the WELL as a volcano of oil other SEE it as a dimensional TEAR that Evil spirits can enter and make zombei meat out of the weak of faith... why does everyone always think that everyone in a Military uniform is bad they know what I speak of and have souls too... they pray to the true GOD (he hears you('
'))... relax children we GOT THIS and HELP IS ON THE WAY... it's all in the manuals and it's like riding a bicycle at Galactic command center... but it's ONE hell of a ride so hang on to your keyboards sports fans.('
')

I smell Peace and the Pagan Hillary hills are not where the lily's are.('
')

May a new day bring you a new year... what time is it('
')

Mr X('
')

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Consider the thickness of a coat of paint to the average thickness of the oil slick for a moment:

Paint (multiple coats) = .0003 inches
Average Oil Slick = .01 inches

We are not getting the real numbers from this underwater geyser.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Jesus did it ?

Originally posted by Real-Stinker
Greetings Nano-Bio-Seeds,

I hope you are all doing WELL... ('
')

Now let's get down to buSINess...

2 for tea Top secret Jesus sayings;

Buyers and merchants WILL not enter the places of my Father."

1>> He said, "A... person owned a vineyard and rented it to some farmers, so they could work it and he could collect its crop from them. He sent his slave so the farmers would give him the vineyard's crop. They grabbed him, beat him, and almost killed him, and the slave returned and told his master. His master said, 'Perhaps he didn't know them.' He sent another slave, and the farmers beat that one as well. Then the master sent his son and said, 'Perhaps they'll show my son some respect.' Because the farmers knew that he was the heir to the vineyard, they grabbed him and killed him. Anyone here with two ears had better listen!"

2>>
Jesus said, "If a blind person leads a blind person, both of them will fall into a hole[WELL]."

Now about the Oil thing... You are all going to have to put your made in China promotional give away calculators for a Nano-second that really is an hour('
')
and get back to fantasy.

What if the un-conventional enemy is from an un-conventional planet not like Earth('
')... you choose to see the Oil as oil because that's the vibration you feel with your eyes... you SEE the WELL as a volcano of oil other SEE it as a dimensional TEAR that Evil spirits can enter and make zombei meat out of the weak of faith... why does everyone always think that everyone in a Military uniform is bad they know what I speak of and have souls too... they pray to the true GOD (he hears you('
'))... relax children we GOT THIS and HELP IS ON THE WAY... it's all in the manuals and it's like riding a bicycle at Galactic command center... but it's ONE hell of a ride so hang on to your keyboards sports fans.('
')

I smell Peace and the Pagan Hillary hills are not where the lily's are.('
')

May a new day bring you a new year... what time is it('
')

Mr X('
')

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
This may be a little off topic, but I found it kind of odd... Since the oil spill has happened I've been checking in on the live feed from time to time. Normally I just go to Google, and type in 'BP' and the first thing that pops up is 'BP live oil spill feed' or something to that effect. Just now I went to Google, and typed in 'BP' and nothing to do with the video popped and only 2 things to do with the oil spill came up. Maybe I'm just high, but to me, this seems kind of odd, like they're in cohorts trying to keep people from viewing. I dunno though, this is messed up. To all the people living in the affected area, I am praying for you!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by paratodavida

BP bought a number of search terms from google. You will have to find other ways to get your news.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

That disgusts me.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by VonDutch

WAS IT YOU THAT KILLED JESUS?('
')

IF SO... I AM THE VINDICATOR AND I SEE MY TARGET.('
')

Put that in your pipe and smoke it

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The numbers are pretty scary, but we'd have to think about what they would gain from lying to us.. I mean, the media feeds off of exaggeration a lot of the time, and if this were all planned, why wouldn't they (bp) want the populace to be more frightened with the larger numbers?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join