It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Graduated College - Have We Become Slaves? / Now What?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Grats to you and I hope you have a happy life. Dethklok pretty much summed this situation up though.

www.youtube.com...

I think it explains alot.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

It sounds like you want to slay dragons by day, and indulge in --- gaming? --- by night. Good luck when the rent is due.

I have been sensing a change in this country towards fear - fear of speaking freely, fear of doing the job one wants, fear of having hobbies, fear of having fun, fear of thinking for oneself, fear of truth, fear of making a better tomorrow. Those once loved and repsected values have been replaced by a sense of duty. Duty to go to work, duty to excercise, duty to learn. That is terrible. We have essentially become slaves.

I don't know where you sense all this fear. Except, let me guess: you want your college buddies to stay up all night gaming and they decline because they take work and other obligations seriously?

Sorry, just having a little fun with your youth. We've all been there...

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

I will check out LIDAR and see if I can get my hands on it. I am currently using Terragen 2 at the moment. I thought about going back to college and get my psychology degree. I basically took a minor in psychology at my college. If I knew this recession was going to happen, I would of picked Psychology instead.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Novise
It's not just the liberal arts. It's most any field. Most professors are 100% certain that the field they are teaching in is the highest cause for them to be involved in. They almost have to approach it with that sort of "passion" just to land the job. They have to be brainwashed to that extent. My own business professors were certain that we could solve the worlds problems with ethics and efficiency. What do those two things provide in truth (edit: in a field position, in a microcosm that 99% of grads will be in)? More money for the stockholders, inevitably, the elite.

You were sold a false dream just like everyone else. That said, I rarely see a life that is a waste. Even selfish types generally have a more focused sort of love for their family and close friends.

If you are a human being who acts out of kindness or any higher prespective and learns from your life, then I'm sorry to burst everyone's bubble but you are NOT wasting your life. What are we going to do when all the 60k+ a year jobs are gone? Are we all going to be worthless? lol. Will we then have no source of dignity? I think a lot of reality checks are overdue, too many people think their fellow man is worthless if he doesn't make bank.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Novise]

well I can tell you I know some people think people who earn tips like me don't deserve any tip because of the job that I took. They always belittle people like myself. People like them though will always get there food cold.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Haha, that's actually very good to hear. Any sort of customer service position like those who wait tables will see this side of humanity more than anyone, and if they are paying attention become a decent judge of those they are "serving."

There are people in this world who almost never get bad service wherever they go, there are some who always get bad service... of course you can't tell anyone anything, but the fact remains. Too many people go into restaurants just to get their feet kissed. It really bugs me how picky people get and how bad they treat their server, even if it's just that subtle condescending nature. And no, I've never been a waiter.

What's more, I think people learn how to be picky and selfish, and/or pains from their parents. That's sad news when you think about it.

I don't really mind people being judgemental, just be judgemental about the right things. Save your hate for criminals, better yet, war criminals. Don't give your neighbor who has never done anything wrong a hard time because he doesn't drive a Ferrari or live in a big house.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Novise]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWtoHide
reply to post by darkbake

You described EXACTLY how I feel about the world today. NO ONE here even realizes what a waste their lives have become. Right now I must work a full time job to afford my small apartment and what little fun I get to have with the few people I have found that really still live.

We are being forced to work our lives away, how did it come to this? How do you get out from under their thumb?

I can't wait to put away a small amount and move somewhere to live in peace.

When I was a small kid (snort), early 70's, mom in her 20's got her 1st job answering phones, that was enough to sustain a 1br apt in a decent area, have a car, bills paid.. even vacationed at least once a year.

All you needed was a job, most anything "full time" was enough to live. There was also a GM factory, Goodyear tire plant, and some Mattel toy thing that combined allowed 1000s to earn an ok living.

The factories ALL went **poof**... as did entry level jobs which allow people to earn a living... things are so much different for the worst on so many levels, the nation I knew as a kid is dead and circling the drain a little faster every congress.

This movie sums it up:
The end of America:
endofamericamovie.com...

BTW a paradise where the empires death will be televised:
www.islamargarita.com/

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join