It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official: Van der Sloot says he knows location of Holloway

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Official: Van der Sloot says he knows location of Holloway

www.cnn.com

Lima, Peru (CNN) -- Joran van der Sloot told investigators during an interrogation that he knows the location of Natalee Holloway's body, but he would neither identify the location nor say what happened to her the night of her disappearance, a Peruvian police official told CNN Thursday in Lima.

"He says he knew the location of the American citizen but that he was going to explain everything to Aruban police," said Miguel Canlla, head of the homicide division of the Peruvian national police investigative unit.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I just saw this pop up

Joran van der Sloot told investigators he knows

where Natalee Holloway's body is in Aruba.

But will not say where the location is or

tell what happened to her the night she went missing.

I wonder if he will finally break down and tell all over the next few days?

www.cnn.com

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Yeah I read on nytimes a few days ago that he called a close friend of Natalee's in Alabama and requested 250k wired to him directly for the exact whereabouts of her body.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Wow like he needs $250K now, hes gonna be sitting in jail for
a long time. Each day this guy's story fills out a little more.

This was the only article I could find about it. I swear I heard
earlier on the news, that the FBI was going to take him back to Aruba to show them where the body is, but this CNN article states that we wont show them, but will tell the Aruba officials. Kinda confusing.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
He's a game player. I think people should just ignore him. I know her parents probably want her body for burial, but if it were me, I would not give him one single dime for information. Nor would I sanction the I am sure to be forthcoming offer to trade the information for leniency or some other benefit to him.

Natalee is dead. We all know it, and if there were any doubt about who killed her and how, it should be gone now. He doesnt deserve to profit from his act by blackmailing anyone for information about where her bones are.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
CNN just released this new article now 15 minutes after the previous one I just posted.

www.cnn.com...

Lima, Peru (CNN) -- Joran van der Sloot told investigators during an interrogation that he knows the location of Natalee Holloway's body, but he would neither identify the location nor say what happened to her the night of her disappearance, a Peruvian police official told said Thursday in Lima, Peru.

"He says he knew the location of the American citizen but that he was going to explain everything to Aruban police," said Miguel Canlla, head of the homicide division of the Peruvian national police investigative unit. Van der Sloot, a 22-year-old Dutch citizen, is suspected of killing a 21-year-old woman in Lima last month. Stephany Flores Ramirez was found beaten to death in a hotel room registered in van der Sloot's name. Van der Sloot was captured in Chile and returned last week to Peru, where authorities say he confessed to killing Flores.

He was twice arrested in connection with the 2005 disappearance of Holloway, who was on a class trip to Aruba, but was released for lack of evidence. This week U.S. authorities filed extortion and wire fraud charges against the Dutchman. An Interpol document says van der Sloot faces criminal charges in Alabama because he allegedly tried to extort money from Holloway's mother. A federal law enforcement agent told CNN that a representative for Natalee Holloway's mother who paid $25,000 for information on the whereabouts of her daughter's remains last month was an undercover FBI agent.

Van der Sloot said he would reveal the location of the body and the circumstances surrounding her death for $25,000 in cash and asked for $250,000 in total, the document states. The FBI and U.S. Attorney's office in Birmingham arranged for a meeting where van der Sloot was paid $10,000 in cash and another $15,000 in a wire transfer for information van der Sloot allegedly promised would lead to Holloway's body in Aruba, a source familiar with the case said.

The meeting took place last month, according to the U.S. attorney's office in Birmingham. Interpol documents show that the $15,000 was transferred to a personal bank account in the Netherlands. It's unclear whether that money paid for van der Sloot's trip to Colombia and to Peru. In exchange for the money, van der Sloot showed the representative a house where supposedly Holloway's remains were, according to the document. When records showed that the house had not yet been built at the time of her disappearance, van der Sloot admitted that he lied, Interpol said.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Without the stupid FBI sponsoring the guy, would the girl in Peru still be alive?

That's the question I am asking at the moment.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleObserver

I wonder if he will finally break down and tell all over the next few days?

www.cnn.com

They are wearing him down over a period of time. I have heard police boast that they could get innocent people to admit to crimes given enough time.

If I remember correctly his first confession came about towards the end of a 7 hour interrogation session.

I'm not saying that he is innocent or doesn't deserve it. I am just saying that they will break him.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

That is a good question.

I don't know what this guy has for a bankroll?

I stopped following the story after they let him go the first time, but

heard off and on over the years that he was in some human trafficking ring,

and he confessed to a so called friend on video about Holloway.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Styki

That is true, they wear you down, coming at you from all different angles

with questions, they either trick you to confess or straight out break you

into confessing.

I've also heard of innocent people just giving up and confessing to crimes

they never committed from this process.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
He's just trying to bargain his way out of a (probably short) life sentence in a Peruvian jail ... and Holloway is all he's got that anybody wants.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
He's a game player. I think people should just ignore him.

Anyone up to sending him to getmo for a little waterboarding...I give him 5 mins and he would even say the lat and long...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Never thought I'd say this but this POS is making a case for the use of water boarding! What a scumbag!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by area6
He's just trying to bargain his way out of a (probably short) life sentence in a Peruvian jail ... and Holloway is all he's got that anybody wants.

This is what i thought as well. He's just using his information as a bargaining chip to get a shorter sentence. I hate to sound cynical but considering the money he comes from I doubt he will serve a long sentence anyway.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
This is what i thought as well. He's just using his information as a bargaining chip to get a shorter sentence. I hate to sound cynical but considering the money he comes from I doubt he will serve a long sentence anyway.

Or, perhaps to negotiate a change of venue? I see him trying to serve his time in the Aruba prison versus the Peruvian prison. He wouldn't last a week in the Lima compound.

Anyone know how international legal policy could/would hold up in this situation? Like, if he had murder charges in two different countries, which would have jurisdiction for sentencing? Which would get first trials? If life were given in both cases, which prison 'life' would he serve?

I bet Aruba would have first dibs at his life. So, this could be his 'wild' card.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes

Originally posted by antonia

Or, perhaps to negotiate a change of venue? I see him trying to serve his time in the Aruba prison versus the Peruvian prison. He wouldn't last a week in the Lima compound.

Anyone know how international legal policy could/would hold up in this situation? Like, if he had murder charges in two different countries, which would have jurisdiction for sentencing? Which would get first trials? If life were given in both cases, which prison 'life' would he serve?

I bet Aruba would have first dibs at his life. So, this could be his 'wild' card.

Well, they could always cut him in two ... and half of him could serve in Aruba, and half in Peru

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I say extradite him to Alabama and give him a 30 minute head start in the Talledega National Forest .

I know several good ol' boys around there who would be more than willing to take the hound dogs out for a midnight hunt .

The FBI had this scumbag on video in Peru (real-time) during the extortion sting .

They should be drawn and quartered for not arresting the punk then . If they had , this other girl would still be alive .

Here's more on the story :www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by area6

The country that can try him best will prosecute first. He will then be sent to the other country for his court date and be sentenced there. That's how it normally works anyway. I think Peru will probably get him the end since Aruba isn't going to have that much evidence left beyond his own word that he did it (if he even confesses to anything). Nor is that going to get him out of serving time in Peru. As for him not lasting in Lima, I think you need to remember money smooths things over. If he pays the right people he'll probably be fine. Unless things aren't as corrupt down south as they used to be.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by antonia]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SourGrapes

Not sure about international but , in the states the (state) of Peru would try him first and after conviction he would be extradited to the (state) of Aruba .

After trial in Aruba , he would be transfered back to serve his sentence in Peru .

If he lived long enough to discharge or parole from that sentence , he would return to Aruba to serve time there .

There are times that the (state) of Aruba might waive the right to try him , depending on the outcome of the trial and sentencing in Peru .

I don't see that happening in this case .

That's not international law so , don't quote me on that .

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I was thinking the same thing,

maybe he is gonna confess to Holloway figuring he is #ed either way and this way he could possibly do time in a Aruba prison, where he at least has some connections and maybe a shot at an escape after he gets settled into prison there.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by InvisibleObserver]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join