It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Expert Says Hurricane Will Paint the Gulf Black !!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Check this out...from 1954...the oil disaster in prophecy?

www.angelfire.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Don't Nuke the oil spill!...heres why:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Absum!

Well if the Tiber field is indeed leaking/pouring into the maconda well (they are only 1500ft apart) and the integrity of Tiber could be comprised as BP drilled into it before they drilled into the maconda.

Then we very well are talking about billions of barrels of oil.

Thanks for the debate. We desperately need to know the score so we can/or someone can provide a real viable solution. And I dont care what country or walk of life they come from. Just a real solution!!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by grom0007

Who says there is methane 10,000 feet below the sea bed?

I think they should be drilling a third hole for the nuke right now
and it should be below, below the point where the relief holes are
to intersect the main hole.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by RRokkyy]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
...reasons to question the motivations of matthew simmons...

...1... he's an investment banker that caters to the magnates of the oil industry...

...2... he was the energy advisor to george w bush...

...3... he's a member of the council on foreign relations...

...4... he's a member of the national petroleum council...

...5... he's a member of the club of rome...

...6... his book (twilight in the desert) is riddled with misinformation - so, either he intentionally misrepresented facts or he really doesnt comprehend the finer details of drilling because he's A MONEY MAN, not a oil man and most certainly not a weather man...

...all of the above = NWO = he doesnt give a damn about you and me...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by HistoryIsOnlyHisStory

Im not a big Alex Jones follower but what this man is saying is what I am suspecting just from the pressures I have heard people on MSM putting out there. They have been low balling all along and I figure the same for their pressure estimates they are telling. I hope this man's informants are wrong for this is my worst fear.

I have worked on high pressure natural gas pipelines, and the ones I was around only were pushing around 150psi, and they could take a limb off, easy. This would be by far a worst case scenario and no chance for a relief well to stop it. They would have to start making some pipe and control devices to handle the pressure and Im not sure we have the technology to yet. Especially when you consider under 5000ft of water.

Thanks for post and info.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy

Originally posted by grom0007

Who says there is methane 10,000 feet below the sea bed?

I think they should be drilling a third hole for the nuke right now
and it should be below, below the point where the relief holes are
to intersect the main hole.
[edit on 11-6-2010 by RRokkyy]

I would not trust them to make this call. I will say it again.

Read up on the methane hydrate. It is a highly volatile substance.
When it is disturbed or heated even slightly it expands 164 times in size.
The gas field below this hole is MASSIVE. What is comming out of the pipe is
60 percent crude oil and 40 percent methane.
If that gas chain reacts on its own it would cause a bigger explosion and tsunami than your nuke.

Remember the gas is what took out the pipe and rig in the first place.
A nuke would be like throwing dynamite at a leaking gas truck in a pool.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
From what I am hearing and starting to gather. The only thing you could really compare it to is this.

Imagine trying to collect lava. So you have to wait until the volcanoe blows to do this. Once the volcanoe starts to blow you have to find a way to pipe the lava or cap the volcanoe to collect the lava.

Can you imagine trying to cap a volcanoe or drilling a relief well to release the pressure from a volcanoe? This is basically what I fear BP is trying to do. Unheard of, and does anyone think we can or possess the technology too? Even if the lava was cool.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Watching the little grill pattern across the clouds, apparently Haarp is busy today. Given that Haarp has the capability of making hurricanes or do they just make them stronger, and controlling their direction, like that one in Florida that just sat there for ever. given that our government never misses an opportunity to utilize a crisis and can make crises at will, it seems inevitable that a major hurricane will slam the gulf.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
How would using a nuke save the environmental situation? Has no one thought about the radiation?

Personally I think using a nuke would destabilize the ocean floor. It would probably cause even more leaks or ruptures. The pressure has to go "somewhere".

The only outcome would be radioactive oil spewing into the gulf.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I am supposed to take the advice of an Energy Banker, Novel writer. Gee I will wait for the Federal Reserves opinion on what to do.

What most people cannot grasp is that crude oil is bio-degradable, a huricane will shatter and split the oil into smaller pieces for distribution over a wider area. Where mother nature will take care of it in its own time and space.

This abiotic oil that was discovered will most likely distroy the drill lining because of the heat ,pressure and corrosive properties of the oil.
To suggest a nuclear weapon is foolish if not stupid, this could create a split
in the dome layer of this oil pool.

Yes this is a disaster of major proportion , most likely a false flag for the
for the carbon tax and climate change scams.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I can't recall an oil well going dry in history .

Also, a nuclear device is known to blow up in the atmosphere but with 5000ft of water and pressure where does the shockwave go ? in the crust ?sideways ? can a shockwave shatter a tectonic plate with a hole and oil in it or methane (

some may say :we have some Nuclear FU%£°@ing weapons lets try that !

I dont have a solution and i dont trust those suits & ties but lets not do that
the word " unexpected have already come out of their mouth .

[edit on 11-6-2010 by SSimon]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by m khan

I surely hope their only concern is the control or at least containment of this disaster they are also at fault for. Lax regulation and buyoffs for companies to do their bidding.

Their only concren right now should be fixing this problem before American's wake up. They wont be waking up happy.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

I agree. The gulf floor is too unstable for a nuke.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sierrawatch

I dont believe a hurricane will help this matter in any, way, shape or form.
But I respect and thank you for your opinion.

A hurricane will definitely hamper relief drilling efforts, and blow corexit and what ever chemicals may be in the air further inland. Another possibility is the volatility of the methane gas escaping. Hopefully there is no pockets of this forming as lightning or any other ignition source would cause it to ignite instantly.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by letscit

I know this sounds far fetched and incredible.
[edit on 06/02/2010 by letscit]

Trust me! this doesnt "sound" far fetched at all.
IDC if this guy is just a fear monger. This is an issue that needs to be dealt with N

B/c i hate this topic, i havent been researching it. But thankfully people like you have!
Its good to know, atleast, what were up against!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
What a surprise BP and the government has just doubled the estimates of the spill rate once again. The spill rates are starting to look closer and closer to what it would be like if the Tiber field ruptured.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

haven't seen ANY proof that they exist

www.youtube.com...

Does BP pay you?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
It's easy really.

Stop viewing the event in isolation and understand that as usual we are being spoon-fed delusions, inexactitudes and downright bull#.

I hate to break this so dispassionately, but the vast majority of internet news is being spun in either direction to create confusion: as far as I am concerned if Alex Jones and all the other idiots say so - then it's with an almost absolute degree of certainty not true.

Of course, how do we know? I have a sixth sense for bull#, however I am not (and none of us can be), simultaneously an expert in whatever the subject matter is when we are now dealing with a major event almost monthly. Therein lies the problem.

I don't believe this is an accident. That's a personal opinion, worth nothing more than anyone else's - viewed in isolation that is. However things are not happening in a vacuum, and whatever the hell is going on is not a disconnected event.

The problem is never the problem. The solution is. Corexit spells the end of the Gulf's ecosystem. I'm with Doc Velocity on this one - I doubt very much there was any major problem in the first place, despite the myriads of scaremongers who postulate otherwise.

Whatever they decide to do to solve the 'problem', as soon as we have all been worked into a suitable frenzy, will be the real problem. Until then, your guess is as good as mine.

As far as I am concerned the major issues for 2010-2012 are a worldwide food shortage and ensuing famine. This latest episode certainly will not help, but this is not due to the oil spill, it is due to the solution: Corexit.

I view all the worrying, in a dozen oil-related threads, as a waste of time.

Time will tell...

[edit on 11-6-2010 by D377MC]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
OK lets go this way. The oil will make the hurricane season quiter. Why you ask?? water and the heat energy will be harder to pick up because of the oil. I seem to remember sailors putting oil on water to calm rough seas but time will tell.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join