It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photographed A B-1 Bomber Over Colorado Today.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I was up working on a solar system on a mountain cabin, and heard an aircraft coming. It was very loud, and sounded low. Ran to my truck and grabbed the camera.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6b09467e1f8b.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d49a7c16bb84.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c9abe2e73c28.jpg[/atsimg]

Here's a stock phote of one.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/de1942400e9e.jpg[/atsimg]B-1B bomber
"Lancer"
Cost: $293 million
Crew: 4
Maximum speed: 900-plus mph
Number in Air Force: 60
First delivered to Air Force: 1985
Mission: The long-range strategic bomber can fly intercontinental missions without refueling, then penetrate sophisticated enemy defenses. It can carry three types of satellite-guided "smart" bombs.

www.globalsecurity.org...

[edit on 10-6-2010 by OurskiesRpoisoned]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by OurskiesRpoisoned

Great photo, good shooting on that one..... missed it myself, but S&F's to you

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
What exactly was it doing there? Was there word of some kind of military exercise today?

[edit on 10-6-2010 by TeddiRevolution]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
they must be doing a drill like they did before 9-11 in Newyork and then one day ran it into WTC. This may be something like that or photographic mission for choosing the next false flag attack.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Seen a few exotic aircraft up in this area. One day, my helper and I saw the Aurora.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/404561c3fafe.jpg[/atsimg]

I got a very good look at it, as it was flying up through a canyon, very low, and pretty slow. It's a large aircraft, about the size of the B1, and was very quiet. Could hardly hear it until it passed. By the time I got my camera out and turned on, it was gone. It was almost like they had seen us seeing them.

The aircraft I saw is a bit more silver, and the cockpit canopy almost looked metallic.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by OurskiesRpoisoned]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeddiRevolution
What exactly was it doing there? Was there word of some kind of military exercise today?

[edit on 10-6-2010 by TeddiRevolution]

Kinda what I was wondering. What's an intercontinental bomber doing flying low like that over the US?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

A training mission.

Norad is in CO isn't it?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by At0mZer0

Maybe.

I think you would be hard pressed to find a civilian picture from the ground of one of these in flight.

If they do train with these in the area, it would be the first time I've seen one.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Nice pics

The B1-B Lancer is an awesome plane!!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Thanks. Got a really good visual of it before I got to my camera. This thing was LOUD. It shook the whole valley.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Oh my god. This is the exact jet that flew over a cornfield next to my house here where I live in Madison, Wisconsin. It was the first time I've ever seen a fighter jet in real life and I started freaking out. It even dropped some sort of chemical when it flew over the cornfield. I knew it was a chemical because it released a small strip and the chemicals just started falling slowly.

I didn't get any pictures though.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Nice photos,

The B-1 you took photo's of could have been on a training sortie, on a ferry flight, travelling to an airshow.

Are you sure that what you thought you saw was the 'Aurora' ?

The name Aurora came from a 'black budget' listing with the word 'Aurora' found under that listing.

It could be a classified toaster for all we know.

It has never been spotted and confirmed in public.

The existence of a Hypersonic project resembling that of the 'Aurora' is not conclusive.

All we have are artists impressions (that are varied in appearance) and the distinctive 'dounts on a rope' contrail that is representative of ramjet / scramjet propulsion.

Yet you are very sure of seeing the 'Aurora'.

Black projects have a history of flying strictly at night out of secrecy; the F-117A Nighthawk was only flown at night for the best part of 15 years before becoming public. Whilst it took-off and landed during the night, workers at the facilities it operated from were taken into windowless rooms or blindfolded and required to lie face down.

Finally, you state that it was flying low and slow but the moment you decided to take a photo, it dissapeared. The skeptic in me, says "convienient".

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Skellon]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Loud and Slow, don't usually go together. Also, I have never heard any of these fighters or bombers before I saw them?

Not discounting your experience, and I love the pics, but I lived at Eglin, and Hurlburt Field, spent time at Pensacola NAS, and I am a pilot (not military), and I can't think of any possible scenario that would have a B-1 low and slow, and also at high power setting? B-1s do their business at high altitude and high speed, so training in a canyon or valley doesn't seem normal.

Loud = High Power (throttle) setting, while slow means configuration for landing and slow flight. Odd, dangerous combination at a low altitude, especially in mountains, where drafts and shear are very common.

$200M airplane on a joyride it sounds like! Maybe you should send your pics to the nearest AF base!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Here's a video from an airshow - awesome!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

getreadyalready<

Loud and Slow, don't usually go together. Also, I have never heard any of these fighters or bombers before I saw them? Not discounting your experience, and I love the pics, but I lived at Eglin, and Hurlburt Field, spent time at Pensacola NAS, and I am a pilot (not military), and I can't think of any possible scenario that would have a B-1 low and slow, and also at high power setting? B-1s do their business at high altitude and high speed, so training in a canyon or valley doesn't seem normal.

The B-1 are based out here in South Dakota. Elsworth Air Force Base. I live in South Dakota and my father has seen them come in so low over the trees. I have also seen them coming through the river valley as well very low. Its just training. You really cant hear them when they are coming and I think that is why the OP thought that it was high power leaving. What I mean by that is while yes you can hear them it sounds like a small plane getting close and then once its on top of you its loud like when a jet takes off. It is a good design and quite a beautiful plane.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by cav01c14

I agree, that is what suprised me. You never hear a modern military jet as it approaches you. All the sound is behind it, and you only hear it after it is leaving the area. The OP described a very loud sound and still had time to get a camera?

Maybe there were 2 aircraft? Maybe it made multiple passes?

Thanks for info on low flights. Training for any scenario is possible I guess. Anybody got any geographical data on Iran's nuclear plant sites? Nuclear sites are often in valleys. Could be a specific mission they are training for!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I have seen bombers flying low in Colorado for years in canyons over hwy 50 and out in the middle of nowhere and I mean very low of course here everwhere is pretty high altitude and there are military bases everywhere in this state but where I live the altitude is about 4500ft in the middle of nowhere

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I live in Littleton (south of Denver), didn't get a picture but it flew over our house today too. But then again, flew over last week too. Get fighter jets flying formation overhead routinely and had the stealth bomber fly over once too.

May have to break down and get a camera but honestly, I get enough military aircraft overhead that it's hardly picture worthy. Not really near any of the airbases though so I must just live directly in a regular flight path area.

Did come to realize earlier today though, I'm just about midway between DIA (first airport dedicated to the New World Airport Commission) and NORAD. Figure if TSHTF I'm either in a fantastic location or in a world of hurt.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Cool pictures. B-1's are one of my very favorite aircraft. They are soooo incredibly loud on takeoff. I've been lucky enough to see lots of them over the years. They've had a heavy presence in the Persian Gulf and Guam since 9/11. Once, when I was at Diego Garcia, one had its nose gear collapse. It was just sitting with its nose radome on the pavement. A few years earlier I was again at Diego Garcia when one had engine trouble returning from a mission over Iraq or Afghanistan and the flight crew had to eject in the middle of the Indian Ocean. All of the aircrew survived.

As far as these pics, I'm positive it was just a training mission. Military aircraft often fly several states away from home base for that sort of thing. I was just reading an article about the B-2 bombers out of Whiteman AFB in Missouri. They will typically fly practice bombing runs over a 5 or 6 state area. So, you probably saw a low and fast bombing run being performed.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
In my neck of the woods there hasn't been anything like that. But there have been a lot of drills lately involving apache helicopters flying around.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join