It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf Oil "Volcano", Why? - Who Benefits From This?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This is an honest question that I'm really having a hard time with.

In light of the overwhelming amount of the that has surfaced in recent weeks, it is my opinion that this was no doubt a planned event. With that in mind I beg the question, who could possibly benefit from an event like this?

We are possibly witnessing a globally catastrophic event & the destruction of our entire eco-system, to me this just doesn't make sense.

There is an old adogy that states if you want to find the source, follow the money..so where exactly is the money in this case? What are the motives? Is this the beginning of a possible NWO?

[edit on 10-6-2010 by discl0sur3]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
1. Thank you for not calling the volcano a "Spill" I wish everyone on here would call it something besides that! I use the word volcano myself.

2. I dunno im not in the know about anybodys intent but I have a feeling too many more people are gonna die and get hurt and all the people that sit at home watching The Biggest Loser and totally ignoring it cause "I dont live in the Gulf so who cares?", are Big Losers too...

I cant phsically get down there and do anything myself but this disaster really gets under my skin. Too many people dont realize whats really going on!

[edit on 10-6-2010 by RaymaNcouldbe]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I think the NWO had no recourse but to create this doom filled scenario.

1. People arent motivated enough to start a civil war.

2. How can they put those FEMA camps to use unless, there is a need for evictions
Emergency situations are perfect for rounding up the people and the more the hell breaks lose, the better for them.

We didnt know HOW they were going to manage it, but now this paves the way for DRASTIC MEASURES....all for our own good, of course.

Who benefits is the PTB and their grand interest in conquering the world.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
It's not a volcano!

It is a Geyser.

Please use the correct terminology thanks.

Here is a article where the correct terminology is used so you can see it yourself.

The well has been capped, more or less. BP engineers Thursday night guided a containment dome onto the hydrocarbon geyser shooting from the Gulf of Mexico oil well -- a desperate and iffy attempt to capture the leaking oil and funnel it to a ship on the surface.

www.washingtonpost.com...

[edit on 10-6-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
One obvious faction that could be motivated to do something like this or at least has goals that are pushed by this event is the ecoterrorist/radical environmentalist bunch. It was my first thought and while the destruction has been widespread this came soon after Obama lifted or relaxed oil exploration in several areas off the US coast. Those openings have been quickly reversed along with the offshore deep water drilling moratorium in the gulf. I'm not against lowering dependency on oil but the truth is that it will take decades if not centuries and this exploration was important to at minimum reducing foreign dependence. We still need to do this work and if it is done correctly, and without cutting the corners BP did it should be at minimal risk.

That said, I'm not saying I buy this being made to happen. I suppose that theoretically it could be made to happen if the crew actively allowed the well to blow out and the gas to ignite and destroy the ship. A crew of seasoned oilmen would also have to know that it'd virtually amount to suicide to do so, I don't see a crew of roughnecks doing that.
The most plausible explanation remains that people rushed to finish a job, in the haste a mistake was made, the safety equipment failed to prevent that mistake from becoming catastrophic as it was designed to, the response to that catastrophic failure failed to include the resources or planning to deal with the problem.
The real question was how much of this was based on negligence versus how much was genuine ____ happens stuff that fall into a chain of failure. So far it seems like much of it is negligence and a lack of regulation/oversight.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
It's not a volcano!

It is a Geyser.

Im actually gonna use the word "Gusher" from now on. It fits better with the whole oil aspect

[edit on 10-6-2010 by RaymaNcouldbe]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I'm sure I'll catch a lot of crap for this, but...no one. I'm sure there are people and/or corporations somewhere who will benefit from it, but they are random outliers, effected merely by happenstance.

As much as I enjoy this site for it's mind-opening and unique perspectives, I must say...not everything is a conspiracy. The gulf oil spill/gusher/geyser/volcano/whatever-term-will-appease-you was just a terrible accident.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
It's not a volcano!

It is a Geyser.

Here is a article where the correct terminology is used so you can see it yourself.

The well has been capped, more or less. BP engineers Thursday night guided a containment dome onto the hydrocarbon geyser shooting from the Gulf of Mexico oil well -- a desperate and iffy attempt to capture the leaking oil and funnel it to a ship on the surface.

www.washingtonpost.com...

[edit on 10-6-2010 by muzzleflash]

Lol...I'm well aware of what this actually is, please accept my apologies, perhaps I should put quotations around the word Volcano. Geyser and leak are not nearly strong enough words in my opinion...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
oops...double post

[edit on 10-6-2010 by discl0sur3]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I dont buy the terrorist theory. The workers on the rig have stated that the oil drilling on Deep Water seemed doomed from the beginning and they all had a bad feeling about it. It went south from the beginning. The BP execs dug way deeper than they were supposed to and had little regard for the workers or the environment. This terrible disaster has happened b/c of greed. And because they hadnt drilled this far down before and had no plan in place for the scenario happening now, they dont know what to do.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by RulerOfAll
I'm sure I'll catch a lot of crap for this, but...no one. I'm sure there are people and/or corporations somewhere who will benefit from it, but they are random outliers, effected merely by happenstance.

As much as I enjoy this site for it's mind-opening and unique perspectives, I must say...not everything is a conspiracy. The gulf oil spill/gusher/geyser/volcano/whatever-term-will-appease-you was just a terrible accident.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion but how much research have you ACTUALLY done regarding this situation.

Are you aware that Halliburton bought the business that was coincidentally awarded all the clean up contracts 3 weeks prior to this incident?

This is one of MANY examples that can be brought forth regarding this subject.

This thread was not created to discuss how it occurred as there is no question in my mind. The question I'm asking is WHY did it happen and WHO is benefitting from this.

top topics

join