It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the SHTF from the oil spill what areas will be affected?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I was just curious. There is so much oil underwater. I notice there is a doomsday type scenario...
My question is this: If there is a huge explosion as a result of the oil spill which areas do you think will be affected?

[edit on 10-6-2010 by packinupngoin]

[edit on 10-6-2010 by packinupngoin]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Good question. I've wondered that myself. Don't have the answer but I do know it's a good time to finally get that Berkey water filter I've been putting off buying.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

I'm all the way in IL so I don't think it would affect us but what about tremors that it might set off?
Its a crazy time.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Probably the planet earth. At the very least the entire SE U.S. and the atlantic ocean...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I too have been thinking about this. How big is the cavity that contains this oil? Let's say it's 5 square miles just for example. As this oil spills out rapidly what's displacing it? Nothing I presume so eventually the cavity will start to collapse onto itself due to the pressure of the ocean above it. If this happens not only could all the oil come out at once but a large chunk of the seabed could collapse into the hole. That would then cause a tsunami and quite possibly an enormous land shift effecting every land mass around the area.

This is all speculation but it sounds feasible to me.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by TheLieWeLive]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

So your saying most of the southern states of the USA, parts of South America and the Caribbean would all possibly get hammered by a tsunami if what you described were to happen.

Then you also have the threat of a hurricane or hurricanes developing in the area of the spill. I think we all know that wouldn’t be a good thing to say the least.

new topics

top topics

join