It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maryland cops arrest man for posting video of an overly aggressive traffic stop.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
I have mixed feelings on this.

First off, he should sue for being arrested for the wiretapping charge. I believe the Supreme Court has already ruled about videotaping in public, and that would supercede MD law.

Secondly, as a motorcycle rider, I hope they throw the book at the crotch rocket guy. I am so sick of these guys thinking that because they have a fast bike, they can drive like retards and put mutliple lives in danger, not just their own. In fact as I write this, I just the whine of a crotch rocket flying by on the expressway. Its a sad day when I say this, but maybe they start to need limiting the power/speed of these bikes, because too many kids are acting like idiots.
Oh, you heard the whine of a crotch rocket?! Please tell us how fast that maniac biker was going when you heard him? The law states if it sounds like a bike is going fast then they must be, right? And I agree about the idiot kids too. I think they should just give them I.Q. tests and if they fail to achieve a certain score, they should be labotomized and kept at home on the couch all day watching MTV.... for the rest of thier lives. Yeah! That oughta fix'em!! Goob.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by nataylor
The guy did nothing wrong? Based on how fast the lane divider was going by, I'd say he was going over 100mph at one point. Given that he was also charged with reckless driving, I'd say he was going pretty darn fast. No wonder the cops wanted to get that maniac off the road.
Hmmm... when was the last time you had your Lane Divider Counter calibrated?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
I have a big "what if":

What if that guy wasnt a cop, but a citizen with a gun? He was LEGALLY making a citizens arrest, or detaining the accused until police could arrive. I just looked up the citizens arrest law, and if he was not a cop, everything he did would actually be legal, if he saw the motorcycle racing and appearing to get ready to run from the cops.

Instead of drawing his weapon, wouild you rather have had the off duty run up and tackle the guy off the bike?

If htis had been a Joe Schmoe with a 9mm stopping a mexican "lawbreaker", most of the people here wouldnt have an issue. But since this is a cop stopping (what everyone assumes to be) a white male, everyone is up in arms about their freedoms and excessive force.
I can't get away from this thread! Ok, the one thing you are forgetting here is.... THE GUY WASN'T A CITIZEN making a citizens arrest! And I'm not so sure you are correct on the citizens right to arrest like that or for that reason, I'll check that out later. I don't think you should put words in our mouths either. I think most of us are big enough to think and speak for ourselves. Just because you get the impression that Americans hate Mexicans doesn't make it so. I work around Hispanics every day. Puto. Guess what, alot of them are nicer than the White Gringo. Nice than that white cop. Race has nothing to do with it. Get off the liberal bandwagon and stop trying to twist the truth. The truth is, the guy was a cop in an unmarked car wearing plain clothes and acting irradically by jumping out of his car and drawing his pistol. Didn't identify himself immediately or flash a badge. Those are the facts. He broke protocol. Suck it up.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

I used to have a little 74' 808 Mazda and the speedometer topped out at 135. One day a guy I was talking to saw that and said, wow, this car will do 135 mph! I corrected him by saying it would only do about 105mph on a good day and if the speedometer said 535mph would he believe it? I've been riding bikes for 36 years and I also know the same is true for bikes speedometers. I take it that's what you are referring to when you say it is a 200mph bike because I know it doesn't top out at that. Not a 900.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Law enforcement has no expectation of privacy in public arrests done under public authority.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by KrispyB

lol! Did I do all that! Guess I went on a rant there, ha!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join