It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Guard troops prepared to evacuate Gulf residents

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Since you worked Katrina, some things should be apparent to you:
Most people never get the message
Many think it's for others, it won't really be THEIR problem
Some are scared, broke, and getting mixed info from whereever
There are only a few who really listen and get it.

Questions:
If they have a ship collecting the oil, why not sail it out and get another one to fill up? Why waste all that oil when BP is hurting financially?
Winds change everyday, who would be most impacted by smoke?
Any research on how toxic the smoke will be?
Just evac-ing Houston, New Orleans, Mobile, and Tampa is daunting, then add Miami - that's a lot of people!
If the air gets too bad to breath, is there a choice?
If air quality holds, I need more ammo!

[edit on 6/11/2010 by zachi]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Well, if we want to do some comparisons - and considering that disaster capitalism is our invention - all we need to look at is how our policies have been implemented in other parts of the world. The most recent example that is somewhat analogous due to the presence of fisherman communities would be Sri Lanka after the tsunami. Of course, we can't compare the tsunami to the oil spill in that the former is natural and the latter is man-made. Also, the tsunami's effect was limited for as disastrous as it was. The oil, left unabated, will disperse and ruin ecosystems. The tsunami was water and tremors and other than the immediate effect, it only truly harms human civilization in the long-run.

So, after the tsunami wiped out so many fishing villages in Sri Lanka, the government stepped in to prevent rebuilding, making land-grab laws and restrictions on building at certain distances from the coast. The reasoning is that it could happen again. Well, naturally it could, but is it really so frequent of a disaster so as to merit such stern regulation? We get hit by hurricanes more frequently than that and people still build and rebuild by the water in the Atlantic and Gulf.

At any rate, the move by the government of Sri Lanka allowed for the building of resort hotels and tourist facilities where the villages used to be situated. Tourism makes money in the third world as it benefits the government and those that are corruptly linked to it via contracts and privatization. Subsistence fishing, however, does little more than benefit the family that lives there and fishes there. Why, that's a disgrace! Where is the money to be made!?

I think you'll be seeing something similar in the Gulf since our nation is where, as I mentioned above, the disaster capitalists were first formed. In some places, I'm sure, hotels will be the priority on the Gulf coast. Perhaps many more oil rigs in other places. If there really is that much oil down there, which makes sense, I would bet that this is the reason for some of the potential "evacuations."

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by C_Tanner

"Cliff High said 4o"

well thats nice, Im glad to hear that.
I got it second hand
I'll stand corrected on that 50 40 thing
happily
you don't want to be above 50

even above 40 looks like rough enough country

hey wait a minute
the GOVERNMENT INSURES COASTAL PROPERTIES NO?

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
My guess is that the evacuation they're talking about is in the event of a hurricane. Makes sense to me to get people out of the path of oil/dispersant filled water.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

sounds like it is really getting fun over there, does seem strange to bring those sorts of tools to that sort of job! can you get any pics??

i wonder if this oil thing was an excuse to make the money, screw with the food supply and economy, and get national guard on the streets all ready for when something else happens?

does anyone know where the SEC keeps their evidence concerning goldman sacks and other corporations involved in the recession? would be a good place to destroy for them wouldn't it!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
reply to post by C_Tanner

"Cliff High said 4o"

well thats nice, Im glad to hear that.
I got it second hand
I'll stand corrected on that 50 40 thing
happily
you don't want to be above 50

What is wrong with being above the 50???? I can figure out where I am...... Vancouver.... anyone know???? I feel I am in the safest place to be, way up the mountain..... we are used to the cold, is that what you guys are worried about above the 50???

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
yupper
they got rid of posse commitatus
just for to cook the frog

Fand S
really i should be buying you a beer too

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Danbones]

Posse Comitatus does not apply as these are national guard troops and not Marines, Army, Airforce.

This is exactly what the national guard is for, doing the jobs that that are needed and the normal armed forces are not designed to do.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Looks around and laughs. Don't know where your geting your info from but I can tell you since I'm on the gulf coast and live only 100 yards from the water. There are no national guard. In fact our local Guard unit has been posted to Iraq since 2007. Only thing at our national guard armory is the weeds growing up through the concrete.
I did 4 tours in Iraq, 2 tours over bosnia, to finish off my 20 in the military like alot of hearty folks that live down here along the coast. Like I said before not sure where your geting your fear monger info from. Ive been trough 15 hurricanes and countless tropical storms, and this oil problem isn't going to make me leave my home. And I'd like to see someone try and MAKE ME.
Its all a bunch of fear mongering by folks that don't live down here and haven't a clue. Just more disinfo Yes the oil problem is very bad. They closed off a good section of our beach and waters wed. The fishermen, shrimpers, oystermen, are out of work for the forcible future. Tourism is in the toliet. Not many folks want to come to our once beautiful white sandy beaches and splash our once crystal clear waters. When the sand is black and the water is full of redish goo. Dead birds, dead fish and lets not forget the Oil that BP is burning. Even though they were supposed to be collecting it help pay off the damages they have done. So when the burn the oil it does get hard to breath around here.

Even with all that if you think us folks down here are going to leave our homes, our business's. You yankees are in for a rude awakening. alot of folks are pissed at BP & the Goverment, and don't trust any of them.

Needless to say come election time in 2 years you yankee's can forget about geting any votes from the states of texas, Lousiana, Mississippi, alabama, florida.

Do come and try to make us leave our lands and you'll have a 2nd revolution.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
My favorite place IN the UNIVERSE is ABOVE 50
I would think up on a mountain would be a good place to be
BC is a good place too
SEND ME THERE

I'd need a guide though

Hope they don't send them to WINNIPEG
40 below -portage and main

people who are used to being above 50 and prepared fine
southerners
It isn't there thing

ill equiped and supplied etc
I guide for these type often
wonderful people
but unfamiliar with the landscape

like putting me in a Luisiana swamp
remember the ukaranian work/ internment camps during world warll?
wasn't nice.

here is the coastal insurance thing
www.independent.org...

paid for with TAXES

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Maybe I missed it, but WHY would people down there need to be evacuated? What does oil in the gulf have to do with people living on shore?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Umm, I can't seem to find the news article on "the Evacuation of peoples"
on this news site. Saw alot of third party news though.
He said she said.
I want proof or evidence, or one of those things that can be called the truth.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
No one is being evacuated, some people just like the attention!

This is just another form of propaganda.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mecheng

Not to be rude but are you really asking what an oil spill would have to do with an evacuation?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I have only one issue, see I understand paranoia. My problem is, when people, namely CIA,FBI Etc comes around and wont tell me why, but tell me I can't take pictures than theres a problem... And if you have a issue like, oh i don't know, lets say a OIL VOLCANO!.. Then let the pros deal with it. But they say, no-no thanks we can take care of it... And a month later people want to show up at the door and tell you to evacuate and I'm betting STILL wont tell you why.. And if the do its because you already see the writing on the wall, they just explain enough to you so that you do what they say... They can't blame us for bring paranoid, they operate surrounded in secrecy.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
reply to post by mecheng

Not to be rude but are you really asking what an oil spill would have to do with an evacuation?

Yes...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Wow..... I could cry..... I JUST moved a few months ago, from the above 50th parallel, to the 49th parallel......

My guts just keep taking me in the right direction...... I feel blessed... wow.

There is just too much crap going down, and I have a major inner calm..... my room mate and I think it is our job to help people.... We are knitting blankets like a factory, and I have been gathering seeds like never before..... WAY more than I could possibly ever need for myself in a life time...

We are taking my camper and planting winter veggies ALL over the place..... obviously not just for personal use.... it is like we are on a mission latley..... we need friends and survivors for the future after all!

Like we said in another thread...... Canada is too empty and lonley already....

go out and buy yourselves RV's and campers now PLEASE people!!!! Keep yourselves out of the camps!

[edit on 11-6-2010 by mellisamouse]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN

Originally posted by Signals
Take this for what it's worth.

Lindsey Williams' reports from a "secret source".....

chemical...................safe level................recent EPA test of gulf area
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hydrogen Sulfide-------5-10 PPB----------------1,200 PPB !!!
Benzine------------------0-4 PPB----------------3,000 PPB !!!!!!!!!
Methalyne Chloride------61 PPB----------------3,000-4,000 PPB!!!!!!

(PPB = parts per billion)

I was listening to the show too and took notes

This could be a reason to the forced evacuations.

And if those reading are correct I am out of here.

they use methylane ??? it solves oil but its heavier than water.and will sink in the ground...there it can do severe damage on pvc pipings and cable isolation...

[edit on 10-6-2010 by SWCCFAN]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mecheng

Sorry, really not trying to be rude..........You will need to google or check out some of the gulf event threads.........this and any oil spil is toxic............bottom line

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
if the toxic gas levels are correct
if the hurricane forcast is correct
if the professional assessment of the pipe condition is correct
if the fact that the Russians had to seal a similar situation on land with a nuke is correct (this a mile under water)
if the 13 UN countries who offered to assist
while the states are not allowed
to help is correct

if the financial information showing this is deliberate op is correct
if the derivitive taken out betting on disaster are correct

there may be a problem
we northerners would be happy to entertain you if you feel the need to take a vacation

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
reply to post by mecheng

Sorry, really not trying to be rude..........You will need to goole or check out some of the gulf event threads.........this and any oil spil is toxic............bottom line

Fair enough... I understand this is an ecological nightmare. Not questioning that. But I I live inland say 5 miles, I don't get how the oil would affect me? The oil is in the water... right?

I did a quick google search (at work so have to go soon) but without reading each article... it sounds like its the dispesant that's toxic. Maybe not so much the oil itself (?).

So again, without being rude
why would people inland need to be evacuated because of an oil spill?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join