It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Passing Of Information

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Let me start off by saying that this thread revolves around something i feel very strongly about. This thread regards to the passing of information. I have become disappointed over the years after gaining insight on how information truly travels. What is information? Information, to my own definition of the word, is new (timeless or breaking) data that stores in your mind for you to judge. How is information developed, through my own process of thinking, is simply an idea from that judgment. In reality... it all goes back to Pi. I was recommended this movie last week by a friend. He said he was certain i would love it because of what it talked about. Turns out he was right. The movie mentioned something i theorized about early this year, and it was about this...

www.youtube.com...

The possibility of infinity. I do not know too much about this stuff so pleas excuse me if i speak without true proper knowledge. This infinite pattern sort of reminds me of the same concept of "who came first? The chicken or the egg?" some suggest that the egg might have come first, but where we there when it initially happened? How about the passing of information?

When something happens, the entire world cannot possibly know about the event at the same time without the aid of broadcast communication. In the event that something were to occur... lets say an ancient pyramid disappears from the face of Egypt. How many days, how many weeks, maybe even years before this event becomes common knowledge. The average person does not know it but we all share common sense. We want to be loved, we want to be treated with respect, we don't want a fake drug war which happens to be the catalyst to our root problem here on earth. We want truth, we want what is right, we want absolute freedom with a truthful government that doesn't kill behind the public's back. When i was in high school i learned that honest information cannot be passed along for the benefit of mankind so easily.

I never really cared about the pop life, and celebrities, and the drama that all the boys and girls in my school were into following. I was always on the creative side of things. I needed to discover new things to feed my brains appetite. Little did i know, i ended up in a journalism program in my senior year of high school. Despite the reasons i wanted to originally join the program, i later became disappointed in journalism for what it truly was becoming or had becoming for the last couple of decades. How does the public receive new information outside their daily boxes? How can new information enter the mind of someone who works a 9 to 5 or a grave shift alone in the dark? Sure you can argue that a student can be in a group of the same folks for months before doing the same in another semester, but does he get the liberty of discussing his ideas to the class for hours on end each day? The answer is No. The teacher, which is the control of the class room and the mother of information is the one who has the right to lecture for hours about the topics he thinks are important, regarding timeless subjects or breaking ones. Most people grow up to have common similarities despite them ever interacting with a mass group of the same faces daily. We breathe, we can think, we can see, have sex and even reproduce.

I mainly joined the journalism program because i was promised a photographer class duty. I was not there to write stories and write thing's that the entire school would be exposed too. I was there to follow that guy around and take his picture along with the pictures of stories happening in our school. Unfortunately the teacher who had offered me the position ended his roll in the class and was replaced. In the news paper world you have the following...

*Current Events
*Opinions
*Statistics
*Advertisements...

Along with some other things that can contribute to your judgment process, if interest sparks from the knowledge you already collected over that subject. What do you know? I found myself wanting to participate in the writing process after all. During the course of me being in that class, i was on the verge of being kicked out twice, i was accused to stealing, and jeopardized my friends changes of passing the class. As a true journalist, i tried to cover the most hardcore stories, the stories that were controversial and that i knew were protected under the schools journalism regulations. Breaking news is happening all around us... weather its inside our cube, weather its outside in the open were the locals can see it. It never stops happening because we don't stop moving. This news that occurs everywhere is protected by those in control of the system. In my case, since i was in high school, it was the administration. The replacement teacher was great, she was a true bad ass at teaching that class, and i feel was also a victim of high rank pressure's. I found myself in the middle of stories that were really interesting yet restricted by administration or whatever reason that couldn't come up with themselves. Let me tell this to you, the few who will read this thread. Information can be controlled, like electricity can be controlled. If you understand this concept that its easy to understand life for what it truly is from here on out. Control is heavy factor for the reasons you know what you know.

[Continued Below]

[edit on 10-6-2010 by drkid]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Here is my theory... If information can be controlled within a school program, within a class room. What's stopping it from being controlled in the public media that we all seem to enjoy after work. You have got to be kidding me if you buy into the hype of paid robots who read from teleprompters every day, like mothers singing a lullaby to their baby before sleep each night. The majority of things you know this very moment about events outside of your own reality is mainly due to the media who provides the information. If you did not hear it from the TV then you heard it from someone else who heard it from the TV or better yet, someone else who heard it from someone else who heard it from the TV. You have to realize how expensive these TV shows are to broadcast each day. People are presented with an even thinner box, which shines millions of little lights in their faces and new information ever minute.
People majoring in business in college; expect to pay off their loans with the money they plan on making from the knowledge they gained in class. This goes back to the
passing of information, especially to the masses of an entire country. Business men who own broad casting stations get around by; doing business with other businesses that all partake in buying and selling stock in the market. They are regular people just like you and I who feel they are above the law and can get away with just about anything because their faces are never on the television programs they produce. We are in a modern world where the Internet and curiosity have worked together to expose the truths behind backstage politics. This scares the businessmen who used to rely on the big media broadcasters to shape their economy by fearing the tired people resting at home after long hours of work and over time. It is the opinion of the voters who were changed by the news anchors who’s stories were modified by their producers who budget the shows we expose ourselves too out of curiosity every day.

Knowledge is power, and control comes from those with the deep pockets who engage in illegal activities all around the world but simultaneously entrap us in a system were we the people fund our own unfortunate legal outcomes. This ladies and gentlemen, dishonesty in the sources we expose our ears to everyday is the main root of our problem. This is the main reason we are born into a prison, a cell of mental control. There is news happening everywhere, and information controllers suppress those who want to expose the truth with bribes or death. There are those who die in real accidents, and there are those who die for meddling with business deals or exposing control. Information is all around us… it is up to YOU to research and sit around the table and discuss how to end war and disasters. We all have it in ourselves engage in things that will better our life here on earth and our fantasy quest for absolute freedom. Information is the key, we need to cleanse our system of this control so that we can know of true knowledge, so we can stop hearing about drug war casualties, so we can free our prisons from non violent people, so we can do what’s right for ourselves without relying on the aid of the mother who sings lullabies to us each night when we turn to the TV for “news”. The passing of dishonest information is the reason they have us trapped in a system that is now beginning to crumble. We the people need to rise above and seek out to imprison those who have wronged us all along. I said it before and I’ll say it again, knowledge is power, and with an honest system, we will get the results we commonly seek to better our time here on earth.

Edit: I can go off on how production and psychology are the key to controlling the public. Adding emotion triggering soundtracks to news stories on the television or radio. Try watching a movie without a soundtrack and see if you will get the same reactions. Try going on liveleak and see if you can handle the violence of whats going on in the world today. This is one of the greatest times in history to be alive so we can drive our stake through future history books.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by drkid]

join