It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

According to MY bible, you are going to H3ll!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
While it is true that tribalism, us and them, is what religions do, it is not scriptural.
God is a universalist and the way I read the Bible, we are all saved.
Believers tend not to believe me though.

They love to hate too much.

2 Peter 3:9 KJ
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

1 Timothy 2

1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior;
4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

If God's will is supreme then we all repent and are all saved.

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

i can point you to an answer for "a"

somewhere in the new testament it says that the kingdom of heaven is within you.
elsewher it says to pray to your father which art in heaven.
which i take to mean that god is already within you, and if you get the mind-crap out of the way, he will manifest.

too easy!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
i consider myself religious but my path of spirituality is self styled shamanism, why i reckon im religious is because i can see truth in every religion but also untruths and obvious manmade assumptions and claims. Jesus wasnt christian, mohammad wasnt muslim and buddha wasnt buddhist, it doesnt matter wot u believe in or wot other people believe in, wot we do matters most. Some peoples beliefs will never change so i find a way not to step on or mention the parts of their beliefs i know are theories, assumptions and control mechanisms.

<< 1   >>

join