It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

According to MY bible, you are going to H3ll!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I don't want to be a atheist b/c I feel that one should have some spirituality to them...but every religion preaches non acceptance of others.
A friend asked me to attend a Jehovah Witness church with them and we ended up arguing b/c I said there is more than one path to Heaven. According to him it is not enough to believe in God, or follow the teachings of Jesus, you have to actually follow the correct bible...
And once again I am thrown back into my old Atheist skeptic mode b/c
A. Where is heaven even located?
and most importantly
B. The bible...whichever one...was written by a human being.
I hate not believing b/c I feel it detaches me from society but every time I run into a really religious person it ends badly.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

Thoughts?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I say just worship God in your own way, in the way you think right as long as it doesn't harm another person. It doesn't matter if God is in the form of a rock or a plant or a person...

If one is not a bad person, I cannot see why one would be condemned.

The bible has gone through many scribes and councils throughout its history, it is a shadow of its former self.

'What would Jesus do' is my favorite, and who knows what he would do if presented with a bible from today. Maybe he'll hold on it or he would rip it up.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Its all nonsense. There are TONS of Gods, TONS of religions. So many Gods and religions, with many of them claiming that its their way, or you go to hell.

To Hell with all of them. I beleive Santa Claus makes the better God out of them all to be honest.

Its just a bunch of silliness.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I always like to discuss this subject.
I agree with you that there is more than one way to heaven, and that spirituality is a healthy thing to have in your life (in the right way of course)

I had a discussion with a very religious friend of mine who also said: If you don't live according to the bible and live by god and jezus...you will go to hell and burn!

On which I asked him, what are the key principles, the base ideology's of Christianity?
He said: To love, live good and be a healty person and obey the power of god.

When he said that to me, I told him this true story of an atheistic woman. Who gave up her million dollar business. Bought a big van and went to Africa for 19 years to set up schools for children, playgrounds and other accommodations they otherwise never would have had in their current situation, in 5 country's across Africa.

I asked him: This woman gave almost everything up for fellow human being, she did amazingly good things...and you're not gonna tell me she is going to hell.

Then he stayed quiet, as if he knew.

--

I think there is a heaven. Where? Well if I knew that I would be there right now

The bible? written to keep people from thinking on their own in my opinion.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by packinupngoin
I don't want to be a atheist b/c I feel that one should have some spirituality to them...but every religion preaches non acceptance of others.
A friend asked me to attend a Jehovah Witness church with them and we ended up arguing b/c I said there is more than one path to Heaven. According to him it is not enough to believe in God, or follow the teachings of Jesus, you have to actually follow the correct bible...
And once again I am thrown back into my old Atheist skeptic mode b/c
A. Where is heaven even located?
and most importantly
B. The bible...whichever one...was written by a human being.
I hate not believing b/c I feel it detaches me from society but every time I run into a really religious person it ends badly.

Heaven is located right here. Heaven was the name given to the place between Celestial and Terestrial. This is why it says..."The heavens are my thrown and the earth is my footstool". I want to be very very clear. Heaven isn't some other place, not according to the bible, heaven is "at hand".

Did you know garden of eden simply means in English...."Time of Pleasure"? If you believe life is pleasurable, having not known death, would you believe you are in the Garden now?

He was partly right, the JW about learning the story from the right sources, but according to God "All scripture...meaning anything written, is inspired by God."

You are right. Did you know religious people are called Pharisees? That word means "Religious separatist".

Listen to the voice in your head. Don't worry about bibles or books. The spirit inhabits you or you wouldn't be alive. Listen now more then ever. There is a voice talking to you constantly and that is the voice you need to hear, not ours.

Just don't be afraid when you really begin hearing...it can be scary and though you won't hold to this, when you begin hearing...don't tell anyone...Period.

Peace

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Anyone that says that someone is definately going to hell because the bible says so is horribly misguided.

Not to say the person accused of such may have to pay for transgressions.

Jesus didnt really give two rats butts about what religion you belonged to. He had really simple rules.

Golden rule. Pretty well it. You do that and your pretty well set. That is in it self not easy sometimes. People do get under your skin and you would like to things to them you wouldnt like done to yourself.

Mother Theresa had it figured out. She lived it to the nth degree.

I've always liked the concept of excommunication. Like some human has the ear of the Almighty enough to pull that off. Right.

As far as your being an athiest?

If your young, you'll change. You may not go fundy (I hope not) but when you become a parent and you see your child born you will know Divinity.

Your wife has channeled that. At that point, she is the closest any human can be to being at one with the Almighty.

Its awesome and sobering.

Fiat Lux

I love my wife and baby girl (she's not so much a baby any more though!)

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by packinupngoin

Thoughts?

My thoughts?
You are just another person talking about how you were arguing with JWs about religion. And like everyone else before you i imagine that it makes you feel good about yourself asking the "the hard questions". You came to ATS to post another "i talked to JWs today" thread.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shine71
Its all nonsense. There are TONS of Gods, TONS of religions. So many Gods and religions, with many of them claiming that its their way, or you go to hell.

To Hell with all of them. I beleive Santa Claus makes the better God out of them all to be honest.

Its just a bunch of silliness.

Actually, their are many religions, but their are way more people, but as for God, there is only one and everyone worships the same one, but because there are different peoples and governments not giving them all the common link, people believe they are worshiping different Gods, but they are all the same one/s.

A billion sperm can fit on the head of a pin and one of those became you. Makes the "milky way" take on a whole new meaning right??? Funny how sperm look like comets.

In the beginning God wiggled over the face of the waters until he reached the egg...then headfirst he said "Let there be light", and the cells began dividing.

Peace
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b3a30a587edc.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius
Anyone that says that someone is definately going to hell because the bible says so is horribly misguided.

Not to say the person accused of such may have to pay for transgressions.

Jesus didnt really give two rats butts about what religion you belonged to. He had really simple rules.

Golden rule. Pretty well it. You do that and your pretty well set. That is in it self not easy sometimes. People do get under your skin and you would like to things to them you wouldnt like done to yourself.

Mother Theresa had it figured out. She lived it to the nth degree.

I've always liked the concept of excommunication. Like some human has the ear of the Almighty enough to pull that off. Right.

As far as your being an athiest?

If your young, you'll change. You may not go fundy (I hope not) but when you become a parent and you see your child born you will know Divinity.

Your wife has channeled that. At that point, she is the closest any human can be to being at one with the Almighty.

Its awesome and sobering.

Fiat Lux

I love my wife and baby girl (she's not so much a baby any more though!)

What if what the bible talks about has real implications not make believe ones. The bible is about one thing and one thing only...Keeping the life you were given for free from being snuffed out. You've already obtained salvation and will see your life as you already do (though she's not much a baby any more as you say). You have already sacrificed yourself and taken your cross, though you never knew, but then again, he doesn't come to those who know him, only those who don't. God is Life it says the same thing in reverse Life is God. God's truth will always be able to be demonstrated and will always balance for Life is Just. God is never hidden.

The ones seeking to save their lives will lose them, therefore anyone depending on a savior, will loose their life, but those who lay down their lives for the sake of life will gain their life, that is, who ever procreates and raises good seed will literally witness their own lives.

Peace

Peace

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
I say just worship God in your own way, in the way you think right as long as it doesn't harm another person. It doesn't matter if God is in the form of a rock or a plant or a person...

If one is not a bad person, I cannot see why one would be condemned.

The bible has gone through many scribes and councils throughout its history, it is a shadow of its former self.

'What would Jesus do' is my favorite, and who knows what he would do if presented with a bible from today. Maybe he'll hold on it or he would rip it up.

Mine is "What would Dale Do", that is of course Dale Erhnhardt.

What Jesus spoke of is real. Hell is being seperated from the body by way of ending the bloodline upon the earth which ends the "Name". If you've ever heard of the "Abomination of Desolation" and didn't know what it meant, this is what it means.

Your body is the wing of a house called by a Surname. Believe it or not, you have many spirits that dwell in you and you recall them from memory.

This is why mourning would go on for a minimum of 30 days for a person. After 21 days, your brain has formed new Neural pathways for that living "memory" (ie, past on loved one) to house in. This is why veneration of those past keeps "the light on for em".....The white light everyone describes when dying is the light coming out of the remnant left...ancestors.

All of the information is practical, so leaders love to keep people thinking about dream stuff, because the real work that has faith that follows it is "pro" creation. Now I'm not talking about sex, i mean I am, but sex is not the point. What it produces is the point....Holy meaning Hallowed offspring.

When you die, it is judgment as what everyone really thought about you will come out, just hope you have a mind to go in.

Peace

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

i have some specific advice, that i know will work because it worked for me and some others that i know.

forget the idea of believing in any god other than your own.
whatever people already believe about GOD, forget it.
completely.

now.
just believe GOD IS.

sincerely apply your mind to those two steps, and be patient.
i guarantee a change will come in your view and your understandings.
and you can KNOW, then, that wherever your views originated, it was from WITHIN you and not any belief of another.
if it is GOD it is YOUR god.

belief is a personal thing
VERY personal

i am sure your only barrier to believing is that - you must have your own belief.

atheism is a belief, too - the belief that there is no such thing as deity, or god.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
First of all shine71 is retarded. And that's evident by his agenda driven stupid ass avatar.

signature
NO RELIGION = No groups to fight against, no hate, no violence, no racism, no sexism, no murdering...

Really? WW3 is gonna be caused by communist most of which stem from their atheistic beliefs. You remove religion you get communism Ww3 Nukes. # don't stop because religion is gone which is exactly what God predicted would happen. No hate? really? that emotion just disappears in humans? No violence? what are you living in fairy land? Bull****. Alot of atheist countries during the last 100 years where hella violent.

No murdering no sexism? Sex isn't off limits to atheist. I can rape a woman and no head to punish or say it's wrong. No divine justice. No rules. Free sex. Sexism happens. violence happens eventually because the society becomes unruley.

" heaven is boring "

No your human understanding is boring and un learned. God made pleasure a reality in the first place. You have no clue what happiness awaits the saints who make it.

Now for the OP.

OP look. Souls won't go to hell who don;t deserve it. One religion has to be correct. God has a truth. He would reveal it to his people, common sense right?

One has to be right. God will lead all souls who search to that truth, TRUST me. I'm witness.

I grew up without God. Didn't have a clue who christ was. if I can convert by search ANYBODY can.

souls will be lead to where their hearts sicerity lies.

peace.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by JesusisTruth]

If one falls to insurrection, what must happen to that one lest they die? What must happen to the one taken down with insurrection? They must be "Re"-Surrected which can only happen while you are alive. Anyone going the way of death, is already dead.

Consider the words of Christ here. 2.1 Billion Christians sounds to me to be the broad way, through which many are entering through....3rd the worlds pop...that's a pretty wide road and a heavy load.

Pro 2:18 For her house leads down to death, and her tracks to the departed spirits.
Pro 2:19 All going in to her do not return, nor do they reach the ways of life.
Pro 2:20 Then you may walk in the ways of the good and keep the ways of the righteous.
Pro 2:21 For the upright shall live in the land, and the perfect shall remain in it.
Pro 2:22 But the wicked shall be cut off from the earth, and the transgressors shall be rooted out of it.

and

Pro 2:18 For her house leads down to death, and her tracks to the departed spirits.
Pro 2:19 All going in to her do not return, nor do they reach the ways of life.
Pro 2:20 Then you may walk in the ways of the good and keep the ways of the righteous.
Pro 2:21 For the upright shall live in the land, and the perfect shall remain in it.
Pro 2:22 But the wicked shall be cut off from the earth, and the transgressors shall be rooted out of it.

Anyone thinking that a mysitical heaven awaits them, you better start reading, because an image has been feeding you. One that even comes to life though it were wounded with the sword and lived, he causes all to take a stand for he sends a sword through the earth turning everyone against their OWN HOUSE....your body...the temple of God.

Jesus will sing....."Pleased to meet you won't you guess my name".....Can't be the beginning, unless you are the end.

Peace

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
IMO forget what people tell you about their different religions and beliefs. If you have good intentions and follow your own heart you'll be fine.

Just think of all the "Holy Wars", that should tell you something.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
letthetreading.

Can you explain what you mean?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Let's all watch the personal attacks folks... Attack the points, not the person...per the Terms and Conditions, please...

every religion preaches non acceptance of others.

Most Western ones do, that is true, but if you study the Eastern religions, you don't see this very much. In fact, in many of those countries, you'll see Taoism, Buddhism, etc. practiced by neighbors, maybe even the same person.

However, there are also sects of Western religions that accept others as well, such as Unitarians, for example.

The thing is, while you may feel that those trying to convert you are "pushy", in most cases, it's because that belief has brought something good in their life, and they just want to share it with others.

Their practice may not be to your liking, but I think that most evangelists (not to include televengelists, hehe) have their heart in the right place...

The thing is, it's an individual choice, and if someone chooses differently than you, that doesn't make them an idiot, it makes them an individual. If one feels they are damned to Hell because of the choice, well, that's there prerogative to believe that....

Personally, I think all religions center around the Golden Rule...Do unto others, as you would have done unto you. Follow that, and it's hard to see how one can go wrong.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
LOL I get the road sign for calling shine71s post stupid which it is and his avatar which is a personal attack itself.

Yet that persons post and avatar gets to stay.

Ofourse. Biggest suprise I ever seen.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Very well stated - thank you, I feel the same!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Your title mentions H3ll, but you mention you got into an argument with a JW. JWs don't believe in H3ll, you say you are thrown back into Atheist skeptic mode. I guess I'm just confused by the title of your post.

Are you saying you believe in H3ll but JWs don't, so that is the issue?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join