It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kevin Costner Testifies Before Congress On Gulf Oil Spill (VIDEO)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Kevin Costner Testifies Before Congress On Gulf Oil Spill (VIDEO)

www.huffingtonpost.com

Actor Kevin Costner testified today in Washington before the House Energy and Environment subcommittee during a Congressional hearing investigating the Gulf oil spill. He is considered an expert on separating oil from water since he is a proponent of and investor in an oil-separating technology, Ocean Therapy Solutions, which has created a machine that purifies water using centrifugal force.Actor Kevin Costner testified today in Washington before the House Energy and Environment subcommittee during a Congressional hearing investigating the Gulf oil spill.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
abcnews.go.com
www.allvoices.com www.nydailynews.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Kevin Costner Cleanup solution oil spill

[edit on 6/10/2010 by queenannie38]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
supposedly, BP agreed to test a few of these machines back around May 10.

but we hear nothing of this, at all?

maybe an aside here and there on the news channels but nothing from BP about how the testing is going and what they plan to do in the immediate future in regard to this technology Mr. Costner has developed and funded, himself.

i think this might be a world-saver, but time will tell.
however, we can't WASTE time, either!

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I think it 's at least very encouraging seeing people like this getting involved. Maybe we can have some hope if this turns out to be a trend.
You go Kevin!

[edit on 10-6-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Maybe BP just still havent forgiven him for 'Waterworld'

Fairplay to him tho
they didnt really have much to loose trying out his methods, or many other peoples for that matter.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

supposedly, BP agreed to test a few of these machines back around May 10.

but we hear nothing of this, at all?

I am a cnn junky. I just saw a article on there about BP buying 30 of Kevin Costners machines. I have a sneaky suspicision that they won't be used.

P.s. Waterworld was good.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by packinupngoin]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by packinupngoin
I am a cnn junky. I just saw a article on there about BP buying 30 of Kevin Costners machines. I have a sneaky suspicision that they won't be used.

i hate to say it, but i do, too.

however, i personally refuse to let them disregard Ocean Therapy AGAIN.

there is absolutely NO EXCUSE not to try it - the testing is superfluous, imo - these machines have been used in other waters by other countries, with success.

i can't figure out what the argument would be, though, even behind BP's closed doors?

Mr. Costner does not want anything but to help keep the world beautiful.
he's been using his money for years trying to come up with something that would be a big help in a bad situation - this isn't his first attempt but it is his successful attempt.

can the selfish people running the economic world REALLY be THAT selfish?
i shudder to consider it!

:shk:

p.s. i liked Waterworld, too!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Did you guys see the same waterworld I did?

I have never met anyone who thought it was good and now I find two people in the last few posts to contradict that.

Back on topic, yeah I agree bp probably wont use them at all, just bought them to shut everyone up.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

LOL Lady_Tuatha it was GOOD!!
I also liked DARK CITY! And SOUND OF THUNDER was great...P.S. where does everyone get their avatars from?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Waterworld was "up there" with Robin Hood and The Postman, meaning it was crap. He's schmaltz.
Entertaining at a push, but crap! I guess there's no accounting for taste (certainly not in Costner's movies!)

Anyway, if this technology works, it should be used, but there are so many obfuscations and less-than-honest communications and it's difficult to work out what is really going on which means there is a load of conjecture.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

It was hard to know how to feel. I had never been in a battle like this one. This had not been a fight for territory or riches or to make men free. This battle had no ego. It had been fought to preserve the food stores that would see us through winter, to protect the lives of women and children and loved ones only a few feet away. I felt a pride I had never felt before.

~John Dunbar; Dances With Wolves~

I don't care who you are, where you're from, or where your going. I care about one thing, and one thing only. That is the future victims that you will be asked to save. If i think that you will fail them. Then i will fail you. Understood?

~Ben Randall; The Guardian~

"One may smile and smile and be a villain."

~Jim Garrison quoting Hamlet by William Shakespeare; JFK~

I have been known on occasion to howl at the moon.

~Crash Davis; Bull Durham~

Many times I'd felt alone, but until this afternoon I'd never felt completely lonely.

~John Dunbar; Dances With Wolves~

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall."

~Jim Garrison quoting a Latin legal phrase; JFK~

If you build it, they will come~

~Field of Dreams~

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
Maybe BP just still havent forgiven him for 'Waterworld'

Fairplay to him tho
they didnt really have much to loose trying out his methods, or many other peoples for that matter.

That's a good one. Good to see that Hollywood is trying to help....

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
The Kostner brothers and their oil spill cleanup technology is a welcome sign of life for the old traditions of American know how and the "let's roll up our sleeves and get to work" attitude that made America great. Kudos to them and one Nobel Prize to take out, please.

Having said that, and I can't tell you how much of a relief it is just to be able to say that, the story of the Kostners' efforts to get this technology into the marketplace is a showpiece of the sort of mentality, on the part of the oil industry, that is killing America. It's a mentality that has seen common sense and prudence take a back seat to a rabid, slavering, devil take the hindmost, greedy race to obnoxious riches, and damn the consequences.

It's a mentality that seems to say, "We'll exercise due diligence and prudence after the catastrophe."

One hopes that the American people will see this and demand that their legislators start riding herd on the 21st century financial cowboys of America. Currently they are getting horse# all over the carpets.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Pfffff ! Kevin Costner........ Bring on Bono !

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by St-Patrick

Bono is the Leni Reifenstahl of our times.

Eff Bono and all those other corporate rock and roll sell outs.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit

Bono is the Leni Reifenstahl of our times.

Eff Bono and all those other corporate rock and roll sell outs.

I do so agree with you
but we all have to admit
that when famous artists goes
out public on controversial public affairs,
the MSM groupies will always listen to them
and then report about it on airwaves.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

You're right. I am exaggerating about Bono and Leni Reifenstahl, but only slightly. Of course, anyone in the music business has to deal with corporations. What I object to is legitimate music, as opposed to jingles, being pimped out to endorse corporate entities, and also, celebrity branding, the co-opting of popular culture by corporate entities.

I really loathe what people like Madonna, Bono and others do, in prostituting their art.

Edit to add: I think I'm being unfair to Madonna in the above because she isn't really a corporate endorser the way that Bono is. She does exhibit all the expansionist tendancies of a metastasizing corporation in her business enterprises though. She's a terrific little corporatist.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by ipsedixit]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Madonna is her own woman.
at least that's the impression i get
no matter what she does, i think she's cool because she doesn't lead or follow...she just does what she does and doesn't seem to give a rat's ass what anyone thinks about it.

plus she keeps her little girl out of the public eye and tries/tried (how old is her daughter? does she just have the one?) to give her a normal life out of the view of the paparazzi.

------

back to Mr. Costner - last i heard BP bought like 30 of his smaller boat/centrifuge units and were going to put them into service.

but just like everything else, it got swallowed in the black hole of BP public relations and press.

or maybe it's more like that kite-eating tree from Peanuts.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
LOve Waterworld, but Costner's idea is at best going to get shelved because it's just not part of the agenda, he comes with solutions and they only want to dredge up disaster to make money and influence politics.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

You might be on to something. Kostner really took the industry by surprise in the sense that they weren't expecting the gulf underwater blow out, so they didn't have their ducks in a row to generate a solution to this kind of problem from within the industry and most importantly to keep potential profits that flow from this solution also within the industry.

Kostner's case is a very interesting one. If his technology can do the job then the era of eco-oil may have arrived and he may become fabulously rich as a result. But the dark forces, the powers that be, the Luciferian elite, the Bilderburgers, blah, blah, blah are they running a closed shop? Will Kostner be shut out the way all the free energy and alternative engine technologists have been? It'll be interesting to watch.

Just to finish off on Madonna. (I just realized how vulgar that sounds.) The lasting impression she will leave when her career is over is one of egtistical selfish needy greedy look-at-me-ism. Just like someone who had five helpings of turkey dinner with all the stuffing and trimmings and licked the plate after every one of them.

I enjoyed her journey as a musical performer, but who needs Madonna children's books and Modonna couture. Go away Madonna, unless you are coming on the Letterman show to fight with Dave. Same goes for Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley, Heath Ledger, Tupac and a host of others. I long for the days when people stayed dead.

It's just so easy for the lazy media and lazy corporate culture to flood the marketplace with has beens who are known quantities than to bring fresh exciting new people to the attention of the public. Welcome to the culture of constipation.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by ipsedixit]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Something about this smells fishy,

Here's an interesting tidbit...

He acquired the company from the United States government for US$24 million in 1995. en.wikipedia.org...

Does anyone think it's odd that the U.S. government owned
an oil reclamation business and then sold it to Kevin Costner?

I didn't know the government bought and sold businesses.
If so, I just learned something

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join