It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone know Google's ultimate goal ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I have always been mystified by the heavy investment of Google in technology which maps out our local environment and our homes. Now ,with Streetview, our front door makes an appearance on google map too. What makes it even stranger is that every few weeks the photo is updated. Therefore there must be hundreds of google cars , with their obscene cameras on top, roaming around.

For the time being about 9 countries are in the project and the aim of Google is to expand Streeview to other countries.

Needless to say , people are worried about the intrusion in their life. Recently a group of residents in Milton Keynes, UK, blocked a Google vehicle from filming their neighbourhood.

Google has also been accused of capturing our wi-fi communications and linking them to a geographic positions. Below is a thread I saw today referring to legal action against Google's snooping.

www.techeye.net...

Can someone tell me what are Google ultimately after ? Nobody spends so much money for nothing.

My suspicion is that once every house, road and individual is 'mapped' out, Google will sell the full technology and database to the highest bidder, and who can bid highest ? Yes, you have guessed it. The government!

Sure Google only does roads and houses at the moment, but with a partnership with Facebook, who knows what can happen. Imagine yourself being assigned geographic co-ordinates. Not to forget the fact that face-recognition is already being introduced by google, within its search engine.

Am I being paranoid ?

[edit on 10-6-2010 by crowdedskies]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
You are NOT being paranoid - simply inquisitive - something that all citizens of ANY nation should be.

As for Google's ultimate goal - it is far more malevolent than simply selling off data as Fadebook/MySpace does - Google's ultimate goal is to CONTROL INFORMATION on the internet.

Just as they have proven they can manipulate the popularity numbers on you tube - they have also sucessfully buried stories (for short periods) that normally should show up in the top listings in relevent searches.

There is a reason they share facilities with the American Govt.

They were groomed by CIA capital investment to become the gatekeeper to all relevant information on the Internet - and once their monopoly is fully established - the "Powers that Be" will be able to once again control the information the masses recieve - just as they so carefully have with print newspapers and public (and private) TV.

Sure the censorship will not likely be undefeatable - but for all pratical purposes - websites with real, accurate, information will be hidden from the general populase - and only the minority group of free thinkers out will be willing to put the effort forward to get this information.

Sooo this means:

- no more moneybomb candidates like Ron Paul
- no more overnight alternative news (or blog) sucesses
- no more overnight documentary expose's
- no more whistleblower bombshells that go viral
- no more overnight online (small) business successes

But oddly enough - sites like ATS will remain largely un-affected - because - since grassroots activisim here in almost all forms violates the TOS - ATS is - in reality -an ASSET to those who control information.

It is the steam valve that keeps us from going out and doing something IRL that could oppose their manipulative methods.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by crowdedskies

Just my opinion, but I believe that Google is a machine created by the PTB to turn the entire world into their own private Reality Show.

We keep seeing this trend in movies, so we've been prepped for the idea already. (Truman Showesque)

And, the constant flow of neverending BS reality shows allows us to see how much fun it is to watch.

It's really one cog of a disturbed mindset of demented individuals.

Yet, we stay plugged in.
It's a vicious circle.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthMagnet

As for Google's ultimate goal - it is far more malevolent than simply selling off data as Fadebook/MySpace does - Google's ultimate goal is to CONTROL INFORMATION on the internet.

They were groomed by CIA capital investment to become the gatekeeper to all relevant information on the Internet - and once their monopoly is fully established - the "Powers that Be" will be able to once again control the information the masses recieve - just as they so carefully have with print newspapers and public (and private) TV.

But oddly enough - sites like ATS will remain largely un-affected - because - since grassroots activisim here in almost all forms violates the TOS - ATS is - in reality -an ASSET to those who control information.

It is the steam valve that keeps us from going out and doing something IRL that could oppose their manipulative methods.

Thanks for the informative post. Any idea who is pumping money into Google?

Also, I am not sure what you mean when you say that ATS will not be affected. Can you clarify and elaborate please.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

Just my opinion, but I believe that Google is a machine created by the PTB to turn the entire world into their own private Reality Show.

And does Facebook fit into this plan?

I totally agree with the Reality show BS that has invaded the media.

What really makes me angry is the enormous audience watching this BS. Furthermore , there are millions of people who love Facebook and enjoy advertising themselves. How can we fight the intrusion in our privacy when millions in our own ranks want to exhibit themselves.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Well Google is definitely seeking more power, literally.
Go here: cleantechnica.com...

Next stop, Google Power Company?

Kind of reminds me of that opening theme to the "Outer Limits" we are in control of your set, do not attempt to adjust, etc.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 10-6-2010 by manta78]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The same as any corporation's ultimate goal: To maximize profits.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I had no idea my small podunk town was on google street. I guess they really do have everything documented. That is super freaky. I can see my house, But the images are quite old. My Ron Paul signs are up.

And as far as facebook being in on it, or soon to be... I keep wanting to cancel my facebook, but I still like to keep up with my friends. When you cancel, is your info really gone?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

It is of my opinion that Google is Gog mentioned in the bible. They follow after
Aol who is El, before Yahoo who is Yahweh.

All major corps are named after Gods.

Peace

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
They can track you easily if they wanted to. And they are showing you this, theres no place you can hide in the world. Big brother at your door. Just like the teens they captured in the UK kissing. What they are basically doing is conditioning you into accepting your life being invaded.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Do you really wanna know? Skynet.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
One of their self-stated goals is to be the sole repository of ALL human knowledge within 300 years. You can see them moving towards this goal through their own book scanning activities.

I have an issue with this for two reasons...

1. As the internet continues to advance and more data is centralized there will be less need to have libraries and databases elsewhere. History has shown us on a number of occasions what happens when you centralize all knowledge under one roof.

2. If all this knowledge is under the control of one entity (any entity) then who provides oversight to ensure things aren't rewritten, editted or flat out deleted?

Knowledge is power, if one group controls the sum of human knowledge then they are in a massively powerful position to shape our world in whatever way they see fit.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by [davinci]]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Applesandoranges
They can track you easily if they wanted to. And they are showing you this, theres no place you can hide in the world. Big brother at your door. Just like the teens they captured in the UK kissing. What they are basically doing is conditioning you into accepting your life being invaded.

While some of us are not happy with this, I know a lot of people who get excited about being able to zoom in through Google map and proudly show their homes. There a millions of such people as there are millions of people who are happy to share everything on Facebook. Just like the reality TV BS mentioned earlier it seems that many people are becoming exhibitionists.

The conditioning is working very well

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by [davinci]
One of their self-stated goals is to be the sole repository of ALL human knowledge within 300 years. You can see them moving towards this goal through their own book scanning activities.

Did you really mean 300 years or 30 years ?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Well, these teenagers had their "first kiss" recorded by Google:

www.news.com.au...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
just google it

had to , but in all sincierity what google has done in these few years its been operational is "legal spying".

go back 20 years and they would have gotten themselfs deported or thrown in jail for spying on foreign soil and its citizens.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The same thing they try to do every day, Pinky: Take Over The World.

All corporations have this goal in mind. That's their purpose for existing.

www.ustream.tv...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
A few years ago Google came out with a search bar feature that "allowed" you to add your own computer's files to be searched by everyone. You should probably have been concerned then.

Google wants to be the Microsoft of information. They have a very extensive library of books online. Other collections include maps of everywhere that also contain satellite info. The wi-fi networks being collected falls into a category with info that isn't computer based, but computer enabled.

The smoke is out of the bottle on this one. The best thing you can do now is just go dark for the most part.

I'm very much in line with the comments of Truthmagnet. I also feel search engines will be severely restricted and heavily filtered in the not too distant future. It may take a human generation to establish this, but this is a long term issue.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Seems like a long time i know, but it's their figure for roughly how long it will taken them to aquire all human knowledge.

There is alot of it out there.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by [davinci]

Seems like a long time i know, but it's their figure for roughly how long it will taken them to aquire all human knowledge.

There is alot of it out there.

Thanks for clarifying this. Where does wikipedia fit into this ? I always thought that they were a great source of knowledge. Is there a Google connection behind them?

We have already seen the takeover of Youtube by Google. I wonder if there is another surprise takeover on its way.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join