It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zavance (What is it)?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Hi
I had a toothache and a hangover last week I felt terrible , I was at the Gas station and on the shelf was a packet of Ibrufen pain killer, it said now with Zavance.
I took a coule and felt very good no toothache no headache.
So before I slept that night I took one more (max recommended dose about six tablets in 24hrs), the thing is I dreamt very strange vivid dreams and time went very slow ie I woke up thinking it was about 3am but it was still 11.30am ect ect.
My querie is these tablets were only seven bucks but they feel like drugs when you sleep?
My wife took a couple for period pain also and she had vivid strange dreams also.
Could someone tell what Zavance is?
Is it safe?
Is it some legal drug?
I have stopped taking it period, until I know more
note Iam not promoting/or attacking any product just reporting on what a legal on the shelf painkiller was doing to me and my wife.
Please note at the time iwas in Australia.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Dupe post please delete

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Silk]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Its a higher concentration version of Nurofen (Bufen type tablet)

en.wikipedia.org...

I think they have been advertising in the UK under the name Nurofen Advance or Max - not sure but I seem to recall some of the Ads

ETA remembered more info

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Silk]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I think it's just a stronger dosage but I don't know for sure - i refuse to take ibuprofen, it doesn't work for me and i don't like taking pain killers, but those Zavance ads with the chick are the stupidest ads on TV. So dumb

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I used another zavance last night as I hada whopping toothache again, Iam sure it slows time down and I actually dreamt a frozen dream ie I was napping in between World cup matches on tV and I dreamt of a clock , it was a 3d dream , but nothing was happenning I was just staring at this clock .
IT is an analgesic (could it be interfering with brain function?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I believe this to be an important question for all, has anyone else had effects whilst sleeping whilst using these things?
It is a valid and perhaps important question.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
No effects on me.

Been hocked up on them for the last week due to a bad neck and a cold.

12 a day, no weird dreams sorry...

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

12 aday? this is way too many.
I take 2 a day max when the pain gets strong.
You should read the instructions, you can destroy your kidneys.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Zavance (What is it)?

Zavance is a proprietary derivative of ibuprofen that is faster acting as it dissolves in the blood faster. There is 256 mg per tab as opposed to 200mg in regular tabs but the active level is the same

A little about ibuprofen. I have seen major stomach bleeding to the point of death due to larger doses of ibuprofen. It has the reputation of being one of the safer NASAIDS but only at lower dosage levels. At higher doses it causes stomach bleeding. I remember one lad that had his kidney function nearly entirely wiped out due to one dose of ibuprofen.

I don't consider the drug to be that safe. Read the list of side effects, they really aren't worth it.

Here's what WIKI had:

Most symptoms are an excess of the pharmacological action of ibuprofen and include abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, drowsiness, dizziness, headache, tinnitus, and nystagmus. Rarely more severe symptoms such as gastrointestinal bleeding, seizures, metabolic acidosis, hyperkalaemia, hypotension, bradycardia, tachycardia, atrial fibrillation, coma, hepatic dysfunction, acute renal failure, cyanosis, respiratory depression, and cardiac arrest have been reported.[

[edit on 17/6/10 by plumranch]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

Thanks for the info, I didnt realise it caused stomach bleeding, I say the RULE IS DONT TAKE EVEN CLOSE TO THE MAX DOSE WRITTEN ON THE PACKET.
The strange thing is it does slow time down whilst sleeping, even after taking only one.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Look into the NASAID "Meloxicam". It seems to be relatively side effect free. Usually you can get a 1 year ongoing prescription from your Doc.

Generally though the recommendation I make with NASAIDs is to use them for one to 3 days and discontinue till symptoms reoccur, ie. use them on and off. ie.Don't just get up in the AM when you feel lousy and take a pill.

The body responds better to NASAIDS this way.

top topics

join