It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cameron abandons visit to military base after assassination plot uncovered!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Cameron abandons visit to military base after assassination plot uncovered!

www.dailymail.co.uk

avid Cameron dodged a Taliban death plot tonight after intelligence officers uncovered plans to assassinate the Prime Minister.
Mr Cameron’s first trip to Afghanistan as Prime Minister was thrown into disarray as a visit to a forward base was aborted to thwart an insurgent bid to shoot down his helicopter.
Military spies intercepted two Taliban phone calls in quick succession near to the Shahzad patrol base that Mr Cameron was due to visit

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Sounds like the new PM was close to being in some serious bother. For all the animosity I had towards this guy in recent years, after glancing over the new manifesto there is a lot on there I agree with. In particular he is determined to keep troop levels steady with no intentions of escalation. Perhaps some of the soldiers on ATS could share there opinions on whether or not this is a good idea. He has promised however extra funds to help troops, with particular focus on bomb disposal expertise, as we all know IEDs and mines are more than often responsible for deaths, and the less heard of debilitating casualties of NATO troops.
The timing of this is what I find particularly strange though he has just announced no more troops then there is a potential threat to his life from the Taliban.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.telegraph.co.uk...

ukelection2010.getsomenews.com...

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Big Raging Loner]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The British prime minister wants to go into a war zone.
Where the British are fighting a war.
The enemy want to kill him!?
The blighters, well, that's just not cricket!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Heebie Jeebie

Ha Ha very good yes possibly no conspiracy here just a bunch of pissed off Taliban. Although I can't remember any attempts on TB or Gordo and they both escalated operations. I might be wrong on that though I'll do some digging!

news.sky.com... ?lpos=UK%2BNews_2&lid=ARTICLE_15090127_A%2BTerrorist%2BPlot%2BTo%2BAssassinate%2BGordon%2BBrown%2BIn

A similar plot as well, apparently Israeli Intel prevented one on TB too by Palestinian groups.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

I wasn't making fun of you

Maybe TB and The Dour Scotsman managed to keep it quiet from the Taliban.
Maybe Cameron has less balls than the other two and bottled it at the last minute.
I'm surprised he didn't send Clegg and tip off the Taliban himself with the hope he doesn't come back.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

haha thats hilarious.

I just had an image of Cameron and Clegg surrounded by the taliban, Cameron pointing at Clegg ' but he's the man you want!, he has all the real power'

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Cameron will just roll out Clegg when there's trouble 'see you are useful, now get back in the bag!'

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner

Cameron will just roll out Clegg when there's trouble 'see you are useful, now get back in the bag!'

Haha funny, I could just imagine it now.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner

Maybe Clegg ins't real!
Maybe he wwas created in a Tory laboratory as a sort of elaborate "invisible" friend to blame when everything goes wrong

CREATED LIFE ENOUGH GAS n GUTS (CLEGG)

I'm sure someone can come up with a better one

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Heebie Jeebie
The British prime minister wants to go into a war zone.
Where the British are fighting a war.
The enemy want to kill him!?
The blighters, well, that's just not cricket!

Yes especially as he's just announced funding increases for Afghanistan while he has lots of painful cuts planned for us all. He is the leader of one of the invasion forces so its obvious he's going to be a target. And rightly so.

The amount of lives he is in the process of destroying due to his corrupt policies is beyond forgivable.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
dammit... almost got them, why do the intelligence has to spoil everything up

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   

He does look fairly similar to Cameron, that last election reminded me of the South Park Douche and Turd episode!
CLEGG;
Cameron Likes Every Groin Grab

To Firefly I know what you mean crushing cuts to public spending but troops are still out there! I find it interesting that a paraplegic ex soldier has just gone into Big Brother too, could be a nice little piece of propaganda in the making, particularly if he doesn't have any regrets about his time in the service!

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Big Raging Loner]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
WAKE UP PEOPLE!

Are you all utterly stupid?

It;s not the Muslim extremists who want him dead, its THE CIA.

I predicted on ATS long ago, that, if elected, David Cameron would face an all out attempt by the NWO to kill him off before he kills the NWO.

Consider this....

The NWO wants ID Cards, Cameron is trying to scrap them within days.
The NWO wants more power to the European Union, Cameron has made it clear, NO MORE POWERS TO EUROPE.
The NWO has the Christian Democrats in its pocket, Cameron pulled the Tories out of the Christian Democrat group in Europe.
The NWO holds sway through unelected officials who are paid top dollar to do what their masters tell them, Cameron is sacking them and putting a pay ceiling on those who are left.
The NWO want single currencies like the Euro and Amero, Cameron says no way, we're keeping the British pound.
The NWO believes in STIMULUS PACKAGES and both Bush and Obama have pushed them mercilessly, Cameron says the Stimulus packages are trashing the world economy, they have to be stopped and the debts paid off.
The NWO wants surveillance everywhere, Cameron is bringing in legislation to have them removed en masse.

How obvious does it have to be. Cameron is saying "the Emperor has no clothes" and trashing the NWO and the NWO is desperate to stop him.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Well thank goodness they tapped that line.
Cameron his one of many VIP the Taliban would like a crack at.
I often worry about the Princess Dianna's two boys hoping that they can remain in a secure environment. (sorry Royal haters but I always liked the Royal family saw the Queen as a boy in Canada)

[edit on 11-6-2010 by whiteraven]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

I'm not the biggest fan of the Royal family myself but the two princes were born into it, it wasn't their choice to have that life, at least they are making some steps to serve the country that has essentially paid for their lifestyle and existence up until now. Finding the pair of them out there would be much more difficult than the PM I would think.

To airvicemarshal I hope your right about him I think he will have some trouble trying a full scale removal from the EU though, but we can already see the cracks and friction forming, "your on your own" to paraphrase Germany's Merkal recently. As for ID cards, as Frankie Boyle said, "it doesn't help prevent identity theft, it just means when it does get stolen you're f*****!"

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by airvicemarshal

I have thought the same for a very long time.

I wonder who try's for the next pot shot at him? hmm

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by airvicemarshal

Oh My God!!!
You are bluddy right!
I never thought my heart could possibly melt towards an upper class Tory arse, but it has!
Everything you have said is right, thank you for snapping me out of my blinkered antitory stupor.

Again, thank you.

(couldn't ever bring myself to vote for them though)

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by airvicemarshal
WAKE UP PEOPLE!

Are you all utterly stupid?

It;s not the Muslim extremists who want him dead, its THE CIA.

I predicted on ATS long ago, that, if elected, David Cameron would face an all out attempt by the NWO to kill him off before he kills the NWO.

Consider this....

The NWO wants ID Cards, Cameron is trying to scrap them within days.
The NWO wants more power to the European Union, Cameron has made it clear, NO MORE POWERS TO EUROPE.
The NWO has the Christian Democrats in its pocket, Cameron pulled the Tories out of the Christian Democrat group in Europe.
The NWO holds sway through unelected officials who are paid top dollar to do what their masters tell them, Cameron is sacking them and putting a pay ceiling on those who are left.
The NWO want single currencies like the Euro and Amero, Cameron says no way, we're keeping the British pound.
The NWO believes in STIMULUS PACKAGES and both Bush and Obama have pushed them mercilessly, Cameron says the Stimulus packages are trashing the world economy, they have to be stopped and the debts paid off.
The NWO wants surveillance everywhere, Cameron is bringing in legislation to have them removed en masse.

How obvious does it have to be. Cameron is saying "the Emperor has no clothes" and trashing the NWO and the NWO is desperate to stop him.

I dont buy it. Theres another agenda at work here, I think he's just luring us into a false sense of security.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
It is but one of many agendas.

Sovereignty is the target.

First national, then personal.

top topics

join