It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens - All Theories Assume Benevolence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I've been watching and reading quite a lot about the Ancient Aliens ideas.

I don't reject that it is possible. I don't accept it either.

However, I have noticed one theme that I think may be mistaken.

This is that development of cities, culture, and technology is GIVEN. That the consistent development across the world and the subsequent loss is due to human barbarism essentially.

I don't dispute that some of the things being found are potentially examples of technology. Nor that cultures have developed some very interestingly consistent ideas in isolation.

The basic assumption is that culture, cities and technology is FOREIGN to the human mind and behaviour.

I propose that this is wrong. That humans regularly develop cities and cultures, and technologies and that advanced ideas are inherent to humanity.

That humans keep finding these things. That we keep developing them over and over.

And then those societies also develop odd cultish religions, and end in devastation or tragedy. Around this time we find that odd carving or painting of humanoids have been adopted by that society.

Let me propse that we keep developing the same sciences, the same technologies, and that something comes along and sabotages these societies over and over.

That we've been interfacing more, and have gotten to where we are now in a very tight time frame. An exponentially increasing technology over tighter time periods combined with greater collaboration than has ever been in our species.

Quicker than the sabotageurs have predicted, and so they aren't back yet to do it again. Or haven't figured out what to do with a World that progressed to a greater collaboration point with knowledge far more generalized in the human populace rather than hoarded to a special caste or group, and are still studying the matter.

I don't think that technology or mathematics or logic is something foreign to the human nature. Quite the opposite. Multiple people or groups tend to develop ideas or proofs around the same time. We usually only end up hearing about one of them, but the fact is that many important ideas have been discovered at the same time by multiple individuals. Evolution and Calculus are two good examples.

I suspect the opposite - it is our natural state as a group. Which is why cities develop so quickly, why education in even a modicum of a societies populace tends to led to some technological progress.

That if these technological advances are consistently found around the same time as non-human visitations, and then are followed consistently by cultural destruction....that the intent isn't to "advance" us.

[edit on 2010/6/10 by Aeons]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
If indeed we are being visited and "helped" think the intent would be to "advance"us... But in the right direction.
If things aren't going to plan sometimes it necessary to wipe the slate clean and start over.

Wiping the slate clean would be bad for anyone or anything that needed it for sure, but in the long run if the desired result is achieved the ends justify the means.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I like to look at is as if I was playing Spore, Age Of Empires, Star Craft, but mostly Spore. Also I look at it as if I was running a planet, country, ect.

Information would be worth more then money itself if your controlling and leading such a large amount of people.

It would be my number one concern to keep my projects private, unheard of, and alien to anyone who sees it.

If I possessed the technology to go to space, I would.

If I found a Planet with Vast resources, I would mine.

If there was a inferior race developing, I would make sure I brought organization, control, and would run the their world so they can do all the work I wanted to do, without having any of my people do it.

I find it makes perfect sense.

If I had the power, I too would want control of everything.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
let's say we visit a planet and fly a jet fighter..
the jet fighter get's to be 1000+years old..and no way to get new part's...
how did we ever get off the planet once we lived there?

it takes billion of billion of billions of miles for the closest star to travel to see us if there was life on them.

So a million's years ago there space travel technology was trillions of years more advanced that they never had a ship break down .
and if it did that had ever part just incase to fix it..
common folks.

there has been no ancient ufo's landed on earth..if there was we we have had 100% proof it did happen.
cause i bet a dollar to a doughnut a ship that supposedly helped the ancient myans do this and that.... and the alien egypt theory.
there would have been a ship left here due to it got to old to leave earth orbit.
5000 years would eat any known metal and sensitive equipment ..
there would be no way after staying all that time there ship would still be air worthy to say the least.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by TheAmused]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I think the "mainstream" ancient alien proponents are either plants or crazies that the MSM deemed as camera worthy to try to put down the argument or at least throw a fork in it.

I like you think the concept is genuine and has some evidence, but the series was like a debunkers dream.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Thank you Aeons for your thoughts.

I once tried a similar post to debate this subject. Zero response...

You however really make the problem understandable with a nice package.
Good work !

I'll start with the best known evidence that your theory is true in modern times.
The Tower of Babel.

The Tower of Babel
1 And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.
2 And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there.
3 And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them thoroughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for mortar.
4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city, and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.
5 And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.
6 And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.
8 So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.
9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

King James Bible.

My thoughts lead me to think that if Christ returns, he is part of an alien race or faction. He will enslave us all or set us free. Both options require at least two sides and one of them... we don't want to win. In the mean while there war will have us as it center.

Keeping it more to the ground I would say that the cycles of advancing are part of human nature.

Greed, and envy keep fuel war. Sloth and vanity makes blind to attack. Hate and fear are used get others to fight for you.

The reason for aliens to keep us down could be very well because of this we are predicted unpredictable. ( Like : They will bite. But it will be when you least expect it. )

When we at a point are in full cooperation mode. Eventually we will get unhappy with things and do something about it.
It is a proven fact we will use power for destruction. Imagine that on a planetary battlefield.

Or they just don't want us to become better or more advanced the they are.

Who knows ?

Edit to add : The biggest problem is that we always set human standards and Base our history , technology and philosophy to everything else.

[edit on 6/10/2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Exactly, they are trying to tie the ancient ADVANCED cultures to being astronauts, and if they weren't astronauts there was no advanced culture.

We were quite advanced before we sent people into space, and look at the Mayans ect who had more advanced calendars than the ones we use today.

They were advanced in different ways, maybe they used their minds through "mana" or mushrooms to travel to these distant worlds and never needed to create massive flying machines.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The theory is flawed to say the least. No hard evidence , making stories factual , and introducing huge unnecessary questions to further an already outrageous claim. The theory ,whether aliens are benevolent or not , is ridiculous .

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamBoon
The theory is flawed to say the least. No hard evidence , making stories factual , and introducing huge unnecessary questions to further an already outrageous claim. The theory ,whether aliens are benevolent or not , is ridiculous .

If you take that road. You should write a letter to ATS staff so the whole alien UFO forum can go into the hoax forum.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

It's speculative.

There isn't hard evidence for many true things. Lack of testability isn't an indication of non-existence. You cannot measure or test most of history.

For example, there is no indication that many of your ancestors every existed. Only the suggestive evidence that there you sit. Does the lack of paperwork, bones, the house they lived in, indicate that the presumption of their existence and that it involved things like eating, locomotion, and sexual behaviour make the discussion of their existience ridiculous?

I do find the things that the Ancient Aliens theorists are looking at to be of interest. As a whole - not just one society, or one time period. But the consistency of it through out cultures.

Even if Aliens are not involved - there is something very interesting in that there is indication that humans have consistently developed isolated forms of science and technology. Then they've stratified and stagnated and eventually collapsed taking those bits of advancement with them.

It is indicates that science and tech are a natural phenomena of humanity.

It indicates that stratification and knowledge hoarding is the basis of cultural collapse.

It shows that cult-like death religions have consistently been linked with this process. Making those religions both attractive to these cultures and humans AND re-inforcing ultimately destructive societal constructs.

If the connection to these cult-like figures is related to this process, and those cult-like figures of worship are real and not imaginary you'd have to entertain that linking to consistent societal stagnation and destruction is rather interesting.

[edit on 2010/6/10 by Aeons]

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

I do find the things that the Ancient Aliens theorists are looking at to be of interest. As a whole - not just one society, or one time period. But the consistency of it through out cultures.

Even if Aliens are not involved - there is something very interesting in that there is indication that humans have consistently developed isolated forms of science and technology. Then they've stratified and stagnated and eventually collapsed taking those bits of advancement with them.

It is indicates that science and tech are a natural phenomena of humanity.

It indicates that stratification and knowledge hoarding is the basis of cultural collapse.

It shows that cult-like death religions have consistently been linked with this process. Making those religions both attractive to these cultures and humans AND re-inforcing ultimately destructive societal constructs.

If the connection to these cult-like figures is related to this process, and those cult-like figures of worship are real and not imaginary you'd have to entertain that linking to consistent societal stagnation and destruction is rather interesting.

Interesting, it seems when past civilizations reach a certain point they either destroy themselves or are destroyed Could it be these ancient aliens are in reality advanced beyond what we can imagine in technology and the reason they may destroy past civilizations is because they have lost all emotion, creativity and caring, not sure that is what you call evolving. If we advanced beyond them that may be the problem , maybe we could destroy them, so the cycle repeats itself again and again.

I am not sure religion has anything to do with it, they may in fact have invented it as a way to control.
edit on 10-10-2010 by Aquarius1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I merely point out that if every advancing culture that shows these signs of technological advances also are depicted with these beings - that assuming that the being are the cause of the advances is not necessarily true. If significantly advanced people existed, the technology would be way better.

That all indications follow that humans are and have been developing technologically at a pace which is consistent over time. That civilizations and city-states gel and happen very quickly, and the advances to support them happen almost immediately. This is all human pure and simple.

So if what you see in these statues and stories and carvings is true, and it is obvious that humans have been advancing in a completely normal way with occasionally in certain cultures starting technological revolutions - which we know can happen very quickly, we see the evidence all around us which our 5x great grandparents couldn't have imagined - then you need to think.

When you see that some non-human beings have suddenly shown up in the cultural context, and those beings are followed by nasty trends in the religious atmosphere, in cultures which have started technologically advancing......well, that's a sign not that the evolution of humans is coming from aliens. But that aliens have consistently been sabotaging cultures with promise.

What would be interesting about that is that humans have been advancing quicker and quicker. It kinda begs the question - did we get the jump on them this time then? Advance faster than their models predicted, so when they got around the checking again we were too far into this one for the old techniques to work?

I'm not suggesting I fully believe this. I just find it very interesting that no one in the conspiracy/UFO/Aliens groups seems to have thought of this.

Perhaps you aren't as USEFULLY paranoid as is warranted.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

What would be interesting about that is that humans have been advancing quicker and quicker. It kinda begs the question - did we get the jump on them this time then? Advance faster than their models predicted, so when they got around the checking again we were too far into this one for the old techniques to work?

I'm not suggesting I fully believe this. I just find it very interesting that no one in the conspiracy/UFO/Aliens groups seems to have thought of this.

Perhaps you aren't as USEFULLY paranoid as is warranted.

My thoughts exactly Aeons, it seems since the forties when we developed nuclear capabilities they have been watching us intensely and of course our technology has advanced at an amazing rate and that begs the question, how did that happen, did we get help from elsewhere? In fact in the past hundred years we advanced more then we did in the past two thousand years. Makes me wonder what happened one hundred years ago also. Guess it is hard for me to believe we did it on our own or maybe I am paranoid and don't give us enough credit.

I don't fully believe this either, but you raise a good point about the conspiracy/UFO/Aliens groups not thinking of this, maybe their focus is on the wrong things, they seemed to be obsessed with the crafts and abductions. I think you may be coming from a more objective place. Excellent post.

Edit to add: I do not think they are coming from a benevolent place.

edit on 11-10-2010 by Aquarius1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
The problem with that is that the last 100 years is not out of the normal progression of human endevours. Technological advances happen on a exponential curve, and even the last 100 years are not out off the graph.

This is an application of Moore's Law generalized. Its the law of experience and learning curves on a Global scale. You can map it out over a thousand years, and still nothing jumps off the graph.

Any truly "advanced" tech should show on a graph as a huge outlier. It should stick out. But nothing does. Not the last one hundred years, not the last 2, and not a thousand years ago.

What happened a hundred years ago? War. Someone with new ideas, another set of people with some new warfare ideas, a motivated educated populace, and an industrial base to build it all in a spot which is geographically advantageous for economics in Europe. That's what happened a hundred years ago.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I've been doing more pondering on this subject.

I find the entire idea that pyramids and the like are alien tech to be quite fanciful. A non-Earth species with amazing capacity choosing to build in rocks seems quite ridiculous to me.

I have the ability to cross the Universe, at speeds that would make sub-atomic particles into hull destroying bombs. But I choose to wow the people of a primitive planet with rock piles.

An argument against alien intervention in human affairs through time is a lack of physical evidence. People who believe that aliens have interacted with Earth species consistently point out these points on the Earth where there pyramids or ley-lines or electro-magnetic anomalies.

But why would a significantly advanced society not leave anything behind but big piles of rock?

So - what if the big piles of rock are what they left, but wasn't actually what they built?

What if these structures are just bases? Not the final product, just the base the product sits on?

That the technology you're looking for isn't to be found because it wasn't made of physical matter as we use it? What if it was primarily made of information formed using light or some other matter which would disappear without an organizing principle.

I started thinking about this wondering about what would happen when major events knock a civilization back to being primitive. Today, we'd weather a major human catastrophe because we have distributed knowledge. In every area there is a library. All you need is to be able to read, and even if only a few of the necessary books made it you'd have a basis for knowledge retrieval.

But the age of the physical library distributed about humanity is drawing to a close, and it has only existed for a very short period. It is being replaced by the digitization of data. Eventually, sooner than later, the case will be made to get rid of the libraries as massive physical entities.

If all the data is transcribed into digital data, and that data is eventually moved from physical servers to holographic/sub-atomic information clouds on quantum computers...

Well if a major civilization catastrophe hit, there would be no way to access any of that library of information.

The buffer our civilizations have in the physical library is gone. We're literally back to square one. Maybe worse than square one if most of the educated adults die off.

If a sophisticated alien society existed - it is rather likely that their instrumentation, buildings, libraries, etc might not be around because when they stopped the program that created the building, or the instrument, it literally dissipated.

That their technology is about being able to manipulate some matter. I don't have to physically carry an instrument around. I can use a program to MAKE the instrument and then turn the program off again. I don't need to build a building - I can program a building to exist where I need it and then let it go when I turn the "hologram" off.

(please be aware I am using the term hologram here rather loosely, applying it to particles which may not just be "light.")
edit on 2011/3/21 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
If every computers' motherboard fried, and all the keyboards, mice and other human-computer-interface toys stopped working, and all the educated people who were over 12 died off suddenly......The fact that at least some of your data is still available on the hard drive is irrelevant. You have no access point, no method of interaction with the data, you have no knowledge of how that data was retrieved, organized, even if if was in perfect condition, and you have no one who even understands how to do it if they even know that it is possible.

Consider that our tech is still pretty accessible - once you start moving data into holographic-chip quantum computers, there isn't even a hard-drive sitting around anymore to taunt you with the possibility of accessing the scrambled data on it.

(I'm not making that tech up - quantum computers and holographic instrumentation/chips are currently being worked on by some truly crackerjack minds right now.)

Let me presume that perhaps a few individuals in a group of advanced beings (human, alien) understood that their knowledge base was predicated on the ability to access that information.

If those individuals existed, and knew the limitations of data access for program rendered data, maybe they'd leave a few access points which were more physical matter in nature as "library access."

Perhaps the idea that it might take a few thousand years to develop the technology to access those doesn't seem like that long a period of time to them.

Where would I put those library access points? What format would they take that might trigger people to think that "hey this might contain/store/access useable information?"

This is where I go right off the rails here, so that's my warning. Lots of speculation based on some real issues around data management and use in quantum age so far and what that might mean about civilization destruction events.

Where do *YOU* store information? What does every entity have that allows them to store information?

Your head. Your computer is in your head. Even a barely advanced species capable of organized civilization should have figured that out. (not just for cooling the blood.)

Maybe your crystal skulls are library access points. They're hard drives, with no computer to tuck them into, no keyboard to access them.

top topics

join