It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf Coast evac plan called "Swift Fox?"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
to add,
how do you know there is earth beneath your feet below the road or where ever you are standing?
Whats to say that the roads etc etc are not just a massive cover? like a scab?
then woop.....sinkhole?
[edit on 10-6-2010 by jazz10]

---
Because I inderstand the geology of the area I live in. Geology is a science, and not a new one at that, it's actually been around for quite some time.....I feel safe & as snug as a bug in a rug!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Well, this is a real possibility. I'm not even from the US but I am wondering...

1. Where are the funds for relocation coming from? Will the companies involved pay for the cost of it?
2. Where are these people going to go? A central hub or dispersed throughout the different states?
3. What infrastructure is in place to support them?
4. Will they call it early or be rushing at the last moment and cause a panic?
5. What long term plans are likely to be implemented in the event that Florida becomes inhabitable for an extended period of time?
6. How will people who are forced to leave homes and businesses be reimbursed or compensated?

Just a few questions that are going to be a reality for alot of people

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I was in the NOLA evacution for hurricane Ivan and the Texas evacuation for Rita. I cannot begin to imagine the nightmare of evacuationg the entire gulf coast. Even implementing contra-flow the logistics will be mind staggering. My sincere hope is that this does not have to be implemented.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SerialLurker
Well, this is a real possibility. I'm not even from the US but I am wondering...

1. Where are the funds for relocation coming from? Will the companies involved pay for the cost of it?
2. Where are these people going to go? A central hub or dispersed throughout the different states?
3. What infrastructure is in place to support them?
4. Will they call it early or be rushing at the last moment and cause a panic?
5. What long term plans are likely to be implemented in the event that Florida becomes inhabitable for an extended period of time?
6. How will people who are forced to leave homes and businesses be reimbursed or compensated?

Just a few questions that are going to be a reality for alot of people

More than likely, there will be no relocation funds for ordinary people. And conveniently, our loving govt has built about 800 facilities for displaced citizens to go (FEMA camps). As far as FL goes, they will probably move the 'important people' out, but they could care less about the residents. Much of the southeast has the potential of becoming a toxic wasteland. I look for more tent cities and temp shelters to pop up in the northeast and midwest, until they figure out how to wreck them regions too. Mass relocations will create chaos and disorganization on a national level, and will scar our way of life. We will need to learn how to adapt and be more of a citizen instead of an individual. We gotta lose the 'me me me' and think about the 'us' in the US.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
Im starting to wonder if anyone is able to see my replies???
Ive stated on a few threads my fear of the whole gulf collapsing in on itself. No one seems to be listening.
The oil that is leaking and that has leaked will have been replaced by sea water(different density) All the leaking points incluing the existing drilling points or the way i look at it "perforations" like paper tears easier.
The whole area needs cleared an investigation to determine the structure of the ground needs to be done by any means available. No, im not joking either deadly serious.
This will be in Biblical proportions.

to add,
how do you know there is earth beneath your feet below the road or where ever you are standing?
Whats to say that the roads etc etc are not just a massive cover? like a scab?
then woop.....sinkhole?

[edit on 10-6-2010 by jazz10]

I'm sorry my friend but you do not understand geology, not the scope of the void that would be needed to create a collapse of the seafloor in the fashion you are describing.

Most oil isn't just sitting in an open void in the ground. It is either in porous rock, or saturating the soil. Most commonly the porous rock. However, for conversation sake, lets say there was a huge void due to the oil leak; the void would need to be thousands of square miles wide, and hundreds of miles deep to even get the the point of a collapse. Think logically my friend..... Oil hasn't been pumping from there for long, the amount of SPILLED oil is huge for a spill, but not huge in terms of oil overall, the Middle East has pumped BILLIONS of barrels of oil which based on your theories should have collapsed the whole region from the void.

My point is, instead of pure conjecture, do some geological research before scaring the hell out of people on here for no good reason. There will be no collapse of the gulf itself. The oil spill is tragic enough on its own, no need to hype a scenario that isn't scientifically factual or logical.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Coastal event + massive relocation of refugees = seems that Web Bot was right on target!

Does anyone have those predictions from last year?

The next one is "Space Goat" or something, if I remember correctly

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I will have confirmation from Senator Bob DOnahue on whether this real by the end of the day.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Hopefully this Operation never has to be green-lit. But, it's better to be prepared than to be caught off guard.

Thanks for the info.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

I live in Pensacola, and I am sick at what is happening. This is a wonderful place to live and raise a family. My children are now grown and I have grandchildren, but they visit and love the beach. I am so angry at Obama and our government. I have believed from the get go that he was not American born, that he is a closet Muslim, and that he is a deep agent in place to bring the US down. This could be the final straw on top of how he is well on his way to destroying the economy, aided and abetted by those corrupt crooks in DC.... I bet they would send out the important people, and then maybe the rest of us...If I hear of anything, I will post it. That is, after my husband and I get back from our trip..we are teachers and now on break. Hey, two weeks in Canada and this might be a good time for it!
But I will continue to read ATS while on our trip. I hope no "doomsday " scenario will happen .
I am so sad for my poor Gulf.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Ive already called the BP hotline to put in a claim to relocate. My wife is pregnant and we live maybe 2 blocks from the beach. I may have her go stay with family if it comes in like they are saying. She has been saying the last few days how she can smell it already. Her pregnant senses are on high alert.

My job is related to this disaster and Ive been up to my neck in information gathering for the last few weeks. I can say it does not look good.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
IF this were true: that the current vent of oil/gas is weakening the sea floor (under immense pressure/weight at that depth) and may create other vents of oil/gas, there may be several things to deal with:

Are we talking about a collapse of the 'roof' of the oil/gas pocket -because if that were to occur I would imagine you may get a Tsunami, also immense rapid ejection of oil and possibly more dangerously methane gas - explosive and heavier than air so able to drift (inland) and suffocate anyone in it's path in high enough concentrations.

My understanding is that the oil/gas deposits were a good way down into the rock (1,000ft?) so is it more possible that the movement through the current vent has weakened a more localised array of capilliary fractures in the rock around vent~1 and the BOP? Should that happen it is again v bad (massive oil/gas ejection/acceletation/near impossible to fix at those depths) - but possibly minus the Tsunami/collapse threat - mind you - perhaps that may then be triggered after - who could say?

They must really be needing to monitor this at the current surface operation where they have that ship/rig burning a huge flare - imagine a great surge of methane bubbling up near that?

Actually - if the reports about the hikes in oil/gas release are true - how come the (possibility) of consequently large volumes of methane rising to the surface not stop them burning that flare there?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

Read your post - reassuring - I'm no geologist - just another observer, but I have two points/queries:

1. I have read elsewhere that in other oil/gas extraction operations they usually replace the extracted oil/gas with other materials (some kind of liquid solution?)- which they are clearly unable to do at this site at the moment. Could that have a bearing on events?

2. Does this Deep-water site/geology match closely enough the situations in the Middle East large oil/gas deposits/extraction operations to reassure us? I'm thinking primarily here about the possible effects of the depth, both below sea water and rock, which as I understand are both very deep by oil extraction standars at this site. Combined, could these create very unusual issues down where the action is, pressures, temperatures and the interaction of these on the oil/gas/water...? [Also - isn't the rock at this site reported as being very troublesome to drill through - wasn't it unusually brittle/fractured?]

Any scientists out there?

[edit on 11-6-2010 by curioustype]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

Hey Digital.....thanks for you contribution to what is really going on....I remember seeing your picture of the beach where you live.......It looks like in Florida.....Can you tell us what part since your wife is smelling the oil??

Thanks again!!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

Keep us in the loop as soon as you hear, please.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
reply to post by Teknikal

read mine Tek
after the pipe is scouered out
(about a month from now)
it will Be UNSTOPPABLE
a scientist says
the oil pressure will eventually equalize
the water will flow down to where the temp is superheated
as the escaping oil is now
and she will blow
the resulting tsunami....

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Danbones]

Jesus

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Hmmmm, lots of potential down there, not much of it looking very good/helpful right now....?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
Ive already called the BP hotline to put in a claim to relocate. My wife is pregnant and we live maybe 2 blocks from the beach. I may have her go stay with family if it comes in like they are saying. She has been saying the last few days how she can smell it already. Her pregnant senses are on high alert.

My job is related to this disaster and Ive been up to my neck in information gathering for the last few weeks. I can say it does not look good.

WOW digital, I don't know what to say.

I hope it doesn't come to that but it is good you are prepared.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Better safe than sorry. I have no intention on risking my family's health. If there is even a remote chance im just going to have them temporarly stay with family up north.
I hope it dose not come to that but the oil is not going to just disappear, its coming. It will end up on our shores and its toxic if you live close to the water. I'm not going to wait for someone to tell me when to protect my family.

I can live with myself if I overreact a bit. I could not live with myself if I did not act when I had the chance.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

Looks to me like one of the STUPIDEST locations in the WORLD to live. Maybe not bad to visit but I am sure when the next hurricane comes through the rest of us will have to bail that area out huh?

What happens when the oceans rise 10 meters like the Gore followers believe?

Why is it that people think they can live on ocean fronts, mountainsides, river beds and banks and everything will be fine?

JEEZ!

Hey, let's build a city on the side of an active volcano, I am sure it would have a lovely view!

Reminds me of the Restaurant at the End of the Universe, great place to visit, just not there when the SHTF.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by curioustype
reply to post by johnny2127

Read your post - reassuring - I'm no geologist - just another observer, but I have two points/queries:

1. I have read elsewhere that in other oil/gas extraction operations they usually replace the extracted oil/gas with other materials (some kind of liquid solution?)- which they are clearly unable to do at this site at the moment. Could that have a bearing on events?

2. Does this Deep-water site/geology match closely enough the situations in the Middle East large oil/gas deposits/extraction operations to reassure us? I'm thinking primarily here about the possible effects of the depth, both below sea water and rock, which as I understand are both very deep by oil extraction standars at this site. Combined, could these create very unusual issues down where the action is, pressures, temperatures and the interaction of these on the oil/gas/water...? [Also - isn't the rock at this site reported as being very troublesome to drill through - wasn't it unusually brittle/fractured?]

Any scientists out there?

[edit on 11-6-2010 by curioustype]

In terms of substance replacement, that generally depends on the natural of the material that the oil is being taken from. Regarding my commentary about the middle east, that was just about the void that Jazz thinks is being created in the gulf. In the gulf, the seafloor where the oil is leaking is made up of the porous rock and mantle. Whether another substance fills that or not, we can't know obviously. Although, logically you would assume the rock is still stable since the surrounding seafloor has been stable for millenia while its pores are not filled with oil.

I am not trying to say that the gulf oil spill is ok. Its tragic by any historic comparison. But the fear that Jazz has of a gulf seafloor collapse is not logical or even possible. He has watch the movie 2012 too many times.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join