It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf Coast evac plan called "Swift Fox?"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
You know I don't always know what to believe on this forum, (memories of the swine flu)

But are you guys serious, your scaring me.

As serious as cancer my friend.

This damage is very real, the oil is very real, the situation is very real. If we have to evacuate the coast because of this toxic mess where will everyone go and for how long will we have to stay there?

I'm going to do more checking, but I did hear a while back oil leaches out from the gulf floor naturally, so it wouldn't surprise me that something major is happening now.

[edit on 053030p://bThursday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

You don't want to know about the couple of nightmares I have had about this same issue. Let's hope that's all they were.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by manta78]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Do any of these sites give the possible areas of evacuation?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I was listening to cnn yesterday and right there in the middle of the usual bs repetition was a 2-3 sentence announcement that one of the plumes had been tested and confirmed that it was not from the site of the deepwater horizon.

How valid is that? I don't know. They reported it on cnn and then just totally missed the VERY obvious question that implies. That being, well if it didn't come from the horizon spill then where did this huge oil plume come from? Instead they quickly changed the subject and did not return or re-announce the test findings.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Hey, there could really be an operation called "swift fox". After all, operation "greasy pelican" is going gangbusters.

I heard BP is going to fling a couple drops of 'red matter' into the pipe to stop the leak.

Hey nerds, at least star me for the Star Trek reference!

[edit on 10-6-2010 by AwakeinNM]

[edit on 10-6-2010 by AwakeinNM]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

That is beautiful. where is this?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Oil rigs leaving Gulf of Mexico over drill ban

news.yahoo.com...

what do they know that we don't

Oil disaster: what on earth is happening at Grand Isle, Louisiana?
www.examiner.com...

Steffy: U.S. and BP slow to accept Dutch expertise
www.chron.com...

BP Oil Spill Plan Consults Miami Dead Man
Former UM and FAU professor listed as oil disaster contact died in 2005
www.nbcmiami.com...

Drilling Bits of Fiction
online.wsj.com...

The Obama Administration is under political pressure to reverse its ill-considered deep water drilling moratorium, and the latest blowback comes from seven angry experts from the National Academy of Engineering who say their views were distorted to justify the ban.

In the wake of the oil spill, President Obama asked Interior Secretary Ken Salazar to produce a report on new drilling safety recommendations. Then on May 27 Mr. Obama announced a six-month deep water drilling ban, justifying it on the basis of Mr. Salazar's report, a top recommendation of which was the moratorium

What do you see?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna

How valid is that? I don't know. They reported it on cnn and then just totally missed the VERY obvious question that implies. That being, well if it didn't come from the horizon spill then where did this huge oil plume come from? Instead they quickly changed the subject and did not return or re-announce the test findings.

Very interesting but not at all surprising. This is why BP should suceed to other people who have ideas of how to clean up the oil spill.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

I always have respected your take on things Pellevoisin, thanks for the info.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
lindsey williams was on Alex Jones
he said pretty much what you are saying on this thead
the main thing is the elite will do what keeps them on top and turns them a profit
BEFORE they ever worry about us
he mainly said that the elite will use this to further their plans to take over completely

the only thing that will stop this is a nuke they have fissures spewing 30 miles away
if they plug the pipe it will just pressure out further away
they shut down the pipeline from the north slope he said
gas will be 6 to 8 bucks a gal around summer

I transcripted it of the radio if any one wants to see
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by IcarusDeepSea

That is beautiful. where is this?

That is Destin, Florida. Ive laughed and cried in those waters. Now I'm crying for them. The local news is saying the next few days are going to be the worst for us.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

The first time I ever saw the ocean in my life was in Destin Florida, it took my breath away. I will never forget it. I never stopped going back to the panhandle either no matter whether to Panama City or Pensacola. There is no place on earth I would rather go to get away.
I can`t imagine not being able to go there. I live in Ohio. My heart is with you people there.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Iamherefornow]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamherefornow

The first time I ever saw the ocean in my life was in Destin Florida, it took my breath away. I will never forget it. I never stopped going back to the panhandle either no matter whether to Panama City or Pensacola. There is no place on earth I would rather go to get away.
I can`t imagine not being able to go there. I live in Ohio. My heart is with you people there.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Iamherefornow]

Well friend, I'm sure it will take your breath away the next time you visit the Emerald Coast. Same reaction different feeling.

I work and live around Pensacola now but me and my family go to Destin allot. Yesterday it was announced that oil has reached Perdido bay. Its only a matter of time now.
Link

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Griffith says (on that radio link) he thinks Obama's job is to bring America down.

www.veritasshow.com...

It occurred to me earlier that Obama might easily be American Gorbachev.

Still, this whole thing is way above him, and if it was premeditated, it is far above his powers.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Destin hu? are those private beaches seen in the picture or can anyone jump in anywhere?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Yes, it's breathtaking. My family has property there, so I have spent many a summer in those waters. Crossing the bridge to Ft. Walton to eat Italian food, when we were completely tired of seafood. Diving and deep sea fishing. I have many photo albums filled with similar picts. Thank you for posting this one. But now it makes me want to cry. My brother was there last week....no change he said, so far.

AUGUST. They will get this stopped. They are building TWO relief wells, you know, at the insistence of Obama, in case the first one fails.

Then this will be over. What's left is left, but at least in time, albeit might be decades, it will recover.

Let's not lose faith.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I lived in Pensacolafora few years. They have some of the most gorgeous beaches I have ever seen. It is heartbreaking to know what lies in store for the gulf.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Pellevoisin

I always have respected your take on things Pellevoisin, thanks for the info.

Thank you. My concern about this has leapt exponentially during the course of the day & new information.

If I were along the Gulf Coast in question, I would at the very least gather up my most important things and go on a long extended holiday in Canada.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

When the Army Corps of Engineers first attempted to obtain NASA imagery of the Gulf oil slick, which is larger than is being reported by the media, it was reportedly denied the access. By chance, National Geographic managed to obtain satellite imagery shots of the extent of the disaster and posted them on their web site. Other satellite imagery reportedly being withheld by the Obama administration, shows that what lies under the gaping chasm spewing oil at an ever-alarming rate is a cavern estimated to be the size of Mount Everest. This information has been given an almost national security-level classification to keep it from the public, according to Madsen’s sources.

www.marketoracle.co.uk...

A cursory look at a map of the Gulf Stream shows that the oil is not just going to cover the beaches in the Gulf, it will spread to the Atlantic coasts up through North Carolina then on to the North Sea and Iceland. And beyond the damage to the beaches, sea life and water supplies, the Gulf stream has a very distinct chemistry, composition (marine organisms), density, temperature. What happens if the oil and the dispersants and all the toxic compounds they create actually change the nature of the Gulf Stream? No one can rule out potential changes including changes in the path of the Gulf Stream, and even small changes could have huge impacts. Europe, including England, is not an icy wasteland due to the warming from the Gulf Stream.

Yet there is a deafening silence from the very environmental organizations which ought to be at the barricades demanding that BP, the US Government and others act decisively.

That deafening silence of leading green or ecology organizations such as Greenpeace, Nature Conservancy, Sierra Club and others may well be tied to a money trail that leads right back to the oil industry, notably to BP. Leading environmental organizations have gotten significant financial payoffs in recent years from BP in order that the oil company could remake itself with an “environment-friendly face,” as in “beyond petroleum” the company’s new branding.

The Nature Conservancy, described as “the world’s most powerful environmental group,” has awarded BP a seat on its International Leadership Council after the oil company gave the organization more than $10 million in recent years.

Until recently, the Conservancy and other environmental groups worked with BP in a coalition that lobbied Congress on climate-change issues. An employee of BP Exploration serves as an unpaid Conservancy trustee in Alaska. In addition, according to a recent report published by the Washington Post, Conservation International, another environmental group, has accepted $2 million in donations from BP and worked with the company on a number of projects, including one examining oil-extraction methods. From 2000 to 2006, John Browne, then BP's chief executive, sat on the CI board.

Further, The Environmental Defense Fund, another influential ecologist organization, joined with BP, Shell and other major corporations to form a Partnership for Climate Action, to promote ‘market-based mechanisms’ (sic) to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.

Environmental non-profit groups that have accepted donations from or joined in projects with BP include Nature Conservancy, Conservation International, Environmental Defense Fund, Sierra Club and Audubon. That could explain why the political outcry to date for decisive action in the Gulf has been so muted.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

That is a scary article. I hope its not all true. Ive prepared for a move if necessary.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join