It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone explain this object?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Another similar thread was created today, I mistakingly assumed the topic of discussion would be in regards to this object. It quickly turned into a no plane theory thread.

I would like to revive the discussion into the possibilities of what this object could be. I'd like to ask that if your main cause of debate is the NPT then please take it to the NPT thread linked below. If you have to use the NPT in the discussion please try to use thoughful discussion to prove your point and not "it had to be a hologram because it cut through the steel like butter".

Otherwise I'd really like some discussion as to what this object could be, hopefully from people within the aviation community.

All that being said, when I first saw this picture and videos that also show it I pretty immediately assumed it was the nose cone. I'm fairly certain that it is all but impossible for the nose cone to travel through the building and emerge in the condition it appears to be. Also the shape of the object doesn't seem to have the same profile as the plane's nose cone, it seems to be more of a blunt object where a nose cone seems to be more elongated.

Could it be a trick of light?

Could it be one of the engines? Shape and size wise it doesn't seem to fit, but an engine was ejected from the building at relatively the same position.

So outside of "it was the cruise missile that was hidden by the hologram coming through the building" is there any ideas as to what it may be or be caused by?

Here is the picture...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3419a30267d6.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ba83797147c2.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is the current thread, semi discussing this but generally about the no plane theory...

9/11 nose cone comes out the far side of tower

[edit on 6/10/2010 by ThaLoccster]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
yeah it was 9/11 when the plane hit the towers. dont you remember that??? still think it was our goverment that did it to are own people. come on. why cant people except the fact the the world is bigger then them and there are people out there that want us all dead.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Does it matter? Planes hit building, planes exploded, buildings collapsed. May have been controlled, may have not.

Weather or not the nose of the plane got to the other side is a moot issue.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I'm not saying it was the nose, or that Bush did it in the atrium with the candlestick.

I'm just curious as to what it might be.

If you don't have anything meaningful to contribute to the discussion, then why even bother?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I like the idea of people thinking it was a hologram of a plane but really was a missle cloaked as a plane. lol wow. i guess its possible but come on. have you seen any hologram tech since 9/11 if that was the case. holograms... makes me laugh out loud

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster
I'm not saying it was the nose, or that Bush did it in the atrium with the candlestick.

If you don't have anything meaningful to contribute to the discussion, then why even bother?

Meaningful? OK!

its the nosecone. Or smoke. Or nothing

Did i contribute yet?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

What is your point? In the pic you posted you can hardly even distinguish a shape.

Just to be clear, you are talking about the supposed nose cone, in the vid from the the thread you referenced?

You are asking what that object is, apart from a nose cone?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
What object are you refering to? Can you please circle what you are talking about in Paint or something?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster

A piece of the airplane, a piece of the building, a piece of furnature, a peiece of a person. BAM Problem solved!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Forget the round thing, what is all that orange stuff coming off of it? If I didn't know better, I'd say those were flames.

Oh wait, this isn't the oil leak thread. Sorry.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
yeah it was 9/11 when the plane hit the towers. dont you remember that??? still think it was our goverment that did it to are own people. come on. why cant people except the fact the the world is bigger then them and there are people out there that want us all dead.

Welcome new member,

I have a theory. Some of the first posters who reply to threads of this nature are adamantly opposed to exposing the hidden aspects of what actually happened that fateful day. Namely, all the controversy surrounding it from the start. Right off the bat, they go full throttle at the OP. Granted, this is a sensitive subject, now are these posters emotionally driven, or do they have more at stake than the average; I'll say hobbyist. Is that fair?

I mean the first thing I look at is a posters sign-up date. I too just signed-up this year, and have been labeled some kind of an agent, and it is rather insulting, and I apologize even if you don't deserve it. I'm just giving you a heads-up, friend.

And to the OP; The pic that has a red circle around object you described appears rather large. In my uneducated estimation, I'd think the nose cone would be compressed into a little ball. Also, it appears maybe larger than I'd expect an engine to be. It is a large piece of something, that is certain. Who am I to say that it is not shards of metal extending the structure of nose cone as it falls to the Earth? That seems plausible to me...

Now if the nose cone can exit the building intact like was projected at the pentagon site? It don't jibe with me, because I haven't seen any video evidence of a plane hitting the pentagon. But, there too is a blast-hole signifying exit point of trajectory involved. Maybe the jets (at WTC), trajectory involved were out-fitted with an armour-type nose-skin?

There's food for thought, or an excuse to ridicule someone who is entitled to answers.

ETA I don't recall a nose cone being found on the ground, but there was an engine found I don't know how far from ground-zero...

[edit on (6/10/1010 by loveguy]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
There could be any number of things that it could be, but large debris, including the nose-cone, it is most definitely not:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fb3953e10f0c.jpg[/atsimg]

There's no hole for anything of significant size to have come out of the building through.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Here's a few other pictures of the area. I also agree that its to small of a hole for the nose cone, not to mention the other improbabilities of it being the nose cone.

I'm leaning towards this being the spot the engine that was found at church and murray? was ejected from the building.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6a4f5288d43d.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3d93b7c7952b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

Most likely aircraft debris - heavier pieces of aircraft including jet engine
and pieces of landing gear impacted on the streets below

Map shows where pieces of aircraft debris landed

Picture of landing gear wheel - 3 blocks North of South Tower (WTC 2)

Fuselage piece on roof of WTC 5

Been debunked before

So what is point of bringing back up ????

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
if you want my opinion will you accept it as truth?

they must of reinforced the nose cone to have it act like a FMJ. just plowing through until its driving force, i.e. engines, were disconnected.

plus, since its acting like a bullet, perhaps at moment of disconnect it cause the firing of such bullet with explosives behind such nose cone/FMJ.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Wouldnt the nose be strong already since its a dome/cone?

And at those speeds something should penetrate through the building.

Im not backing anyone on this im just sayin what i was thinkin.

The whole plane and its contents were behind the nose

[edit on 10-6-2010 by RaymaNcouldbe]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by RaymaNcouldbe

Wouldnt the nose be strong already since its a dome/cone?

No. Nothing would be 'strong' enough to not be deformed, those were incredible forces involved.

But, an amalgam of debris, that is much moe likely. Amorphous mass, collecting mass from inside as well, as it traveled through the building.

There will be no way to positively and accurately determine EVERY aspect of such a chaotic event, but it can be approximated through computer modelling.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Call me silly, but how do you know it's actually anything at all? It's a blurry photo taken from quite some distance off, and it's probably been cropped from some other photo meaning it's gone through some unknown editing. It may very well just be a smaller cloud of smoke that looks like an object.

The only way to tell is by reviewing any of the 5,000 *other* photos taken of the impact at the time, to see if it confirms what that area contains. If that really was an object, the thing would've been the size of an elephant and it would come down like a meteor.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I assume OP you are talking about this object (1:09-1:20 in video)

It appears to be the front of a BGM-109 Tomahawk Cruise Missile, which apparently screwed up and exploded a fraction of a second too late. If the apparent missile had gone off a fraction of a second earlier, it would not have come out of the other side of the building and the plan would have been executed to perfection.

The missile has an operational range of 2,500 km and is launched from a Naval vessel positioned in the sea.

The speed of this missile is, ready for this, a subsonic 550 miles per hour. Does that speed sound familiar? What was the approximate calculated speed of the alleged aircraft which struck the second Tower? Oh my, will coincidences on 9/11 ever seize?

en.wikipedia.org...

Also, check out the cartoonish black one dimensional shadowy flying thing entering the tower at :40 in the video. If this is a commercial aircraft, what happened to the right wing? Why is the supposed plane not reflecting light?

Whoever designed the CGI overlay for this one winged wonder, needs to go back to drawing stick figures. In fact, it looks exactly like a flying stick figure.

Rule #1 with digital trickery is that it is much easier to add than to delete. This is why the apparent missile exiting the tower could not be removed, but the fake plane was easily added as an overlay (especially since you are dealing with a solid colored blue sky background).

"If that really was an object, the thing would've been the size of an elephant and it would come down like a meteor."

Maybe it was Dumbo going on a wayward flight.

"But, an amalgam of debris, that is much moe likely. Amorphous mass, collecting mass from inside as well, as it traveled through the building."

You really think this is a probability with the object traveling at over 500 MPH, forming a perfectly rounded nose of mass while exiting the building? I'm more inclined to believe Dumbo's theory.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by SphinxMontreal]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

Thanks for that one, I had a good laugh! Wait........ youre serious? Oh boy.........

It may have been a tomahawk? Really? Gee I had no idea they created tomahawks in the exact same shape and size and WINGSPAN of a 767! Who knew? I mean wow!

Wait wait wait, lets go the facts here now:

BGM-109 Tomahawk
Wingspan: 2.67 m
Diameter: 0.52 m
Length: Without booster: 5.56 m / With booster: 6.25 m
Weight: 1,440 kilograms (3,200 lb)

Boeing 767-200 and -200ER
Length: 159 ft 2 in (48.5 m)
Wingspan: Wingspan 156 ft 1 in (47.6 m)
Fuselage width: 16 ft 6 in (5.03 m)

I mean wow! They look almost exactly the same size right?
Tomahawk:

Boeing 767-200ER

And man oh man, its stunning how a 2.67m wingspan can create a hole in the WTC the same size and shape of a 767's wingspan!

new topics

top topics

join