It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane flying over subeurbab neighborhood spraying,,, But wait it gets interesting

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Try calling the LA Dept. of Agriculture they will be the ones that would OK's the use of pesticides in this manner www.ldaf.state.la.us...
I would try to find out what pesticide they were using for safety sake

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
reply to post by Dilligaf28

Dude.....

This is my last response to you because its a waist of time and energy. The OP lives a short distance from Grand Isle and posted on the media thread that all is well concerning media coverage and the people living there.....

Only one member from ATS has reported from the Grand Isle location itself. On the media thread (she I believe) backed up the reports we have heard about when she was visiting there.........

So, when you live in N.O and claim all is well there which contradicts other claims of a "media blackout" (which also means not telling the truth).......One would think being an ATS contributor he/she might just pop down there and give a first hand report for all members here so we could settle these claims........

So I find it odd to see this thread about spraying considering the post on the media thread.......

Its as simple as that, no bashing, just more confussion...

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

1. Declaring a discussion over and walking out of the room is not a proper way to have a debate. To abandon a discussion because it is a "waste of time and energy" is a rather juvenile way to attempt to win a debate.

2. I understand if you are confused. Perhaps my confusion is that I did not see your post as a contribution to this thread. It seemed as if you were trying to discredit the OP because of her stance in another thread. Your stance and hers are opposite on the other thread. In this thread she is speaking of aerial spraying, something your avatar clearly suggests you believe in, yet you are not offering support to her.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dilligaf28
reply to post by paxnatus

I hardly see a correlation between the time I registered to comment upon this site and trolling. Some would say you are implying I am guilty of this offense; I however will not do such as you did not directly say this.

As for your post you have assembled a vast array of extrapolations without documented proof then expanded upon them to create yet another dooms day scenario. I do not think it is rational to espouse doomsday scenarios based upon one's own feelings without even so much as a nod to science or source.

LOL!! Do you even know what a troll is on ATS? If you really feel that way check my posts! You may learn something new today

Please answer this? Why are scientists now confirming what James Fox is saying. It has made it to mainstream I posted on Media Blackout thread around page 13.

Where are ALL THE PEOPLE CLEANING UP THE OIL?
Where is the Obama and his big helping hand?
Where is the help from BP?
Where is the Coast Guard?

WHY? Why is there one vessel on water in whole of Grand Isle in the fly over video?

There is no clean up period!! and there won't be!

I happen to know as recounted by someone that is there, that when leak first happened, Guard showed up to help and were told by BP, we are in charge! We will let you know your orders, soon, sit tight!!

Those orders never came!! They still haven't. Sorry, I don't know you from Adam, but I do know my relatives and trust what they are saying!
One lives in Plaquemines Parish. La. so the info I am getting is trustworthy.

shall I give a name and then a phone number? I don't give a flip if you or anyone else believes what I am saying, I'm not wasting my time anymore trying to provide proof that this is not HOAX!! Bring proof it is! Start with providing hard evidence that people are cleaning up the oil!!

Others have provided proof they are not, now it is your turn to do some work!

Pax

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Lets focus here my dear as you seem to be distracted. The thread about the media blackout relates to Mr. Jones saying that taking photos/videos will result in arrest. Mr. Jones asserts that police are pulling people over and are arresting people with cameras. He asserts that it is a complete media blackout. He asserts that martial law is about to be declared. He asserts this not with statements but with his "feelings" and "intuition." He relies upon a fifteen year old boy as a source for his information. Then the interviewer goes on to say that there are "U.N." vehicles in Florida. I saw the video that addresses this and there is no visible evidence that these are U.N. vehicles; there are no markings or any other indicator. It has been further proven that these vehicles were KIA minivans in storage for a dealership yet no one has acknowledged this.

After all of this he then gets in an airplane and takes video of the oil spill and releases it without incident. By his own actions he has proven that his "feelings" and "intuition" were grossly misguided and his statements were erroneous to the core.

At no point in the interview does Mr. Jones state that a cleanup is not underway. Mr. Jones describes a rather hectic scene without a doubt. However what he describes is actually an example of how large the response to this spill is. I wonder what would everyone say if there was no activity at all. I imagine it would be cause for massive criticism of our government. Yet here our government is responding yet they are being criticized for this.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Dilligaf28]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

And your the poster on another thread that says all is well in Grand Isle and nothing out of a "normal" clean up is happening.......

Very interesting thread you started..

THis is 3 hours from Grande Isle and has been going on since the late 60s.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dilligaf28

reply to post by Dilligaf28

Dude.....

This is my last response to you because its a waist of time and energy. The OP lives a short distance from Grand Isle and posted on the media thread that all is well concerning media coverage and the people living there.....

Only one member from ATS has reported from the Grand Isle location itself. On the media thread (she I believe) backed up the reports we have heard about when she was visiting there.........

So, when you live in N.O and claim all is well there which contradicts other claims of a "media blackout" (which also means not telling the truth).......One would think being an ATS contributor he/she might just pop down there and give a first hand report for all members here so we could settle these claims........

So I find it odd to see this thread about spraying considering the post on the media thread.......

Its as simple as that, no bashing, just more confussion...

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

1. Declaring a discussion over and walking out of the room is not a proper way to have a debate. To abandon a discussion because it is a "waste of time and energy" is a rather juvenile way to attempt to win a debate.

2. I understand if you are confused. Perhaps my confusion is that I did not see your post as a contribution to this thread. It seemed as if you were trying to discredit the OP because of her stance in another thread. Your stance and hers are opposite on the other thread. In this thread she is speaking of aerial spraying, something your avatar clearly suggests you believe in, yet you are not offering support to her.

Perhaps you should read some of my other posts. I was arguing against what the radio inteview said. None of what he said was validated in fact. He's sees people with badges and gets uncomfortable?

And yes, I have been on the ground in Grand Isle. Much like any other disaster area. The restaurants are all open during the day, I don't know about night, I didn't stay that late. But none of that has anything to do with theis thread. Just for reference Grande Isle is swarming with reporters. Don't get mad at me because you have an uniformed opinion. ANd don't hijack this thread. Our discussion about Grande Isle can remain in that thread.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I found this post in a google search this morning. I was looking for information on "low flying night planes".
This was the only relevant result. I read all the replies. Now I've joined the site to post my own reply.
I live in Fort Myers, FL. For the past 3 very early mornings, at exactly 4am, there have been what sounds like a low flying plane (as in might land on my roof, vibrating my walls), flying back and forth overhead. This continues for 20-30 minutes and then stops. Not fades, stops. The strips they fly are pretty short.
I say "plane" for lack of a better description. BUT....underlying the "plane" noise is an extremely irritating, right on your last nerve, constant low frequency that you can feel/hear. (Like when a car next to you has their windows up but the bass is vibrating your vehicle and you feel it more than you hear it).
This oddity has woken me up at 4m and kept me awake for the last 3 early mornings.
The FAA in Tampa said they have no ideas and no way to track low flying, under the radar night planes. They referred me to my local county.
Lee County said the only possibility was Mosquito Control and referred me to them.
Mosquito Control said they have had NO planes in the air this season, they only spray between 10pm and 2am - from trucks, the one exception being last night from helicopter over Estero (not close enough to hear). They referred me to the Sheriffs Dept.
The Sheriffs Dept transferred me several times. Result: it wasn't them and they have no idea who it was. They referred me to SWFL International Airport.
SWFL IA brushed me off, said they had no idea and referred me to the smaller Page Field Airport.
Page Field told me they have no idea, it's not their problem. They are an unmanned airport between 10 pm and 7am, no flight plans necessary.

So, ok. First I was pissed off at the highly annoying overhead drone at 4am.
Now I'm creeped out and a little pissed off that planes can fly over my head doing whatever they want and no one knows, cares or can keep track of them. WTF?!!??

Isn't there SOME way to find out what's going on???

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

I have three questions to ask before I even attempt to say anything.

1. Is there any chance you are allergic to the banana tree you were planting or anything else around you.

2. What makes you sure this was a chemical and just exhaust from the plane simply inclining.

3. If it was a chemical do you really think it would fall directly onto you, i mean unless it was straight liquid it most likely was taken by wind currents far far away, probably adding to the chemicals in our oceans.

Im not trying to say your bs'ing or anything just want to clear things up.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Pulling thread back on topic from the little snit 2 members have been having:

The first thing I thought about was Mosquito spraying. We have it all the time where I live. I hate it, but I also hate the mosquitoes. I'm sure that you probably had a reaction to the chemicals. I think there is a reason why they spray at night - less chance of hitting anyone outside.

There are other casualties from this spraying other than mosquitoes. Fireflies. I grew up chasing them on hot summer nights, catching them in jars, or even just enjoying the twinkles they made. My children have never seen one. We don't have them where we live, because they're killed by the chemicals as well.
Makes me very sad.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Many of the responses illustrate how docile Americans have become. Here we have a clear case of people poisoning you and your environment directly and on purpose and the majority response has been go inside or sue them or some some other benign response.

Yet if some guy came into your yard in the evening with a hypodermic needle and tried to stick you with it your response would be to defend yourself and likely shoot the bastage.

Americans just keep bending over and taking it, it seems...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Lolliek

I have noticed the firefly's also. I live in Canada and i remember catching them with my sisters all the time when I was a kid. Recently a friend of mine said they'd never seen one so we went out to my parent's farm that night to look. Of course we didn't find any, i haven't seen them in probably 10 years
any idea if they are actually ALL gone?
that would be horrible

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Many of the responses illustrate how docile Americans have become. Here we have a clear case of people poisoning you and your environment directly and on purpose and the majority response has been go inside or sue them or some some other benign response.

Yet if some guy came into your yard in the evening with a hypodermic needle and tried to stick you with it your response would be to defend yourself and likely shoot the bastage.

Americans just keep bending over and taking it, it seems...

NAIL...........................

On the head!

If things dont add up, then your equation is wrong, Some of you need to look at this logically and starting thinking why the government, and specific government agencies arent answering your questions, and actively skewing the truth!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

They do the same thing here (Shreveport area), but from a truck. Kills the mosquitos, you know. Can't say I agree with it though. There are still plenty of them, so it doesn't seem to work, and I'd prefer to do my own pest control, because I don't trust the government. Perhaps they should stick to fixing the pot holes. But it begs the question. How do we know what they're spraying? Because they say so? It would be interesting if you somehow captured an air sample next time. Send it to a lab. A non-government lab.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by astrogolf

They do the same thing here (Shreveport area), but from a truck. Kills the mosquitos, you know. Can't say I agree with it though. There are still plenty of them, so it doesn't seem to work, and I'd prefer to do my own pest control, because I don't trust the government. Perhaps they should stick to fixing the pot holes. But it begs the question. How do we know what they're spraying? Because they say so? It would be interesting if you somehow captured an air sample next time. Send it to a lab. A non-government lab.

Exactly! You want mosquito control put up some bat houses!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Just an update. They now call and inform me 2 hours prior to the airplane spraying and 2 hours before the truck spraying.

I have purple martin houses and a bat house.

I spoke to my attorney about an injunction to block the spraying, he said there's no way it would go anywhere.

Seems there are no legal means to curtail it.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This may seems obvious... or maybe it is impractical... But don't all planes have tail numbers? It maybe hard to catch but I would think that getting the number and calling the FAA to see if that particular plane is registered as a chemical dispersant plane and to what company / individual it belongs to might clear alot of this up. Especially the poster who has the same experience at 4 am every night. Get a video camera with night vision if possible and record it! Better yet, post it here and I am sure that someone will be able to track down more info.

NOTE: A good member of ATS stays on the OPs topic. If you want to argue start your own thread.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The pesticide is for us, we are pests to them.

Like sodium fluoride in the tap.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by depth om]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4X4CHEVY
I found this post in a google search this morning. I was looking for information on "low flying night planes"...
...I live in Fort Myers, FL. For the past 3 very early mornings, at exactly 4am, there have been what sounds like a low flying plane (as in might land on my roof, vibrating my walls), flying back and forth overhead. This continues for 20-30 minutes and then stops...
...The FAA in Tampa said they have no ideas and no way to track low flying, under the radar night planes. They referred me to my local county.
Lee County said the only possibility was Mosquito Control and referred me to them.
Mosquito Control said they have had NO planes in the air this season, they only spray between 10pm and 2am - from trucks, the one exception being last night from helicopter over Estero (not close enough to hear). They referred me to the Sheriffs Dept.
The Sheriffs Dept transferred me several times. Result: it wasn't them and they have no idea who it was. They referred me to SWFL International Airport.
SWFL IA brushed me off, said they had no idea and referred me to the smaller Page Field Airport.
Page Field told me they have no idea, it's not their problem. They are an unmanned airport between 10 pm and 7am, no flight plans necessary.

Now I'm creeped out and a little pissed off that planes can fly over my head doing whatever they want and no one knows, cares or can keep track of them. WTF?!!??

Where in Fy. Myers are you? I live near Treeline Drive and Colonial Parkway and I've heard the 'planes' for a total of 4 nights now, with tonight being the most recent. They have averaged coming about 12:30 and make 4-5 passes every 10 minutes on the dot it seems. I pulled out my video camera but could only hear and not see the plane. What in the world is going on?

Tomorrow night I'm camping out in my back yard with the video camera.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4X4CHEVY
I found this post in a google search this morning. I was looking for information on "low flying night planes"...
...I live in Fort Myers, FL. For the past 3 very early mornings, at exactly 4am, there have been what sounds like a low flying plane (as in might land on my roof, vibrating my walls), flying back and forth overhead. This continues for 20-30 minutes and then stops...
...The FAA in Tampa said they have no ideas and no way to track low flying, under the radar night planes. They referred me to my local county.

Where in Ft. Myers are you? I live near Treeline Drive and Colonial Parkway and I've heard the 'planes' for a total of 4 nights now, with tonight being the most recent. They have averaged coming about 12:30 and make 4-5 passes every 10 minutes on the dot it seems. I pulled out my video camera but could only hear and not see the plane. What in the world is going on?

Tomorrow night I'm camping out in my back yard with the video camera.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
You people here that are advocating that we shoot down planes give ATS and humanity a bad name. Is one crappy web site that is barley functional and uses it's own content as references enough to convince you that you need to shoot down a plane? I think some people need to be thoroughly deprogramed for the safety of us all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join