It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being followed by crows

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by GORGANTHIUM

usually when crows start talking to me, someone dies.
and no, it's not anglo-american myth, crows live all around the world, maybe just in Australia kangaroos are delivering death notes.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by zenspidertheteas

Interesting post.

A few years ago I noticed that I could attract the crows (and others) by inducing a certain specific state of mind.

I noticed them while I was inside the house and then they would show up outside and begin to make all knids of racket. I began to hear words that sounded English as if they were speaking to me. I figured that It was just my mind playing tricks on me.

I experimented a bit and found ways to make them show up in pretty much an instant, but I'd forgot all about these experiments until I read this thread.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Wow, and I thought it was just me!
It first started when I was around 12 - I was lying out by the pool and had fallen asleep. I awoke when a very large crow landed on my stomach! Since then, they are everywhere.

While everyone around me has racoons, neighborhood dogs & cats, sometimes squirrels get into their trash, I have crows that always manage to get into the bins and make a huge mess in my driveway, yard and porch. I'm awaken nearly every morning by the caws of crows. Oftentimes large groups of crows will congregate nearby and just make way too much noise, so much that it bothers those around me.
When I worked at a church, the entire courtyard was always filled with crows. They swoop at my car at eye level as I'm driving down the highway. They get into my house.

Decades later, when I finally become involved in a relationship again, the man just loves crows!

Several years ago, while visiting the graves of my grandparents, I saw the cemetary was just filled with crows. I spoke out loud that if this is truly something that is supposed to mean something or get my attention, prove it! I want to see just a single crow on my grandparents grave.

Driving over to it, I thought, "Well, that was stupid - that wouldn't even be a coincidence if there does happen to be a single crow there.

I was floored once I got there and saw a single dead crow lying on the grave of my grandparents.

I have no idea what the deal is with crows. I just try to ignore them at this point. Sometimes I tell them to go and they do.

I haven't associated any passings on with them.
I haven't been able to make any connections with them or events.
I very well could've angered a witch at some point.
Many people think I'm a witch, but I don't believe so.

Just glad to hear it isn't just me!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Is it a raven or a crow? It's typically associated with death...However, they are very intelligent birds and if they aren't abducting Japanese babies then they probably have a food source on your route and perhaps there has been a hatchling spike to do weather patterns allowing for more viable embyos than normal to hatch. And because there are more crows you happen to be noticing them more.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I love crows. I think they are magnificent beings. For years now, crow has been one of my totems, and they watch over those I love. If you are being followed, it may be that Crow's energy would like to work with you to dive deeper into the subconcous.

Pay special attention to what you are thinking, or a decision you are making when you hear Crow caws or flies over you. For me it is usually an affirmation that I am on the right path.

I know many people feel that Crow's energy is negative, but I absolutely have found that to be untrue.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Hi Hemps! It has been a very long time since you started this thread. Hope all is well. Are you still encountering crows in your life?

They are everywhere I am these days, and I’ve grown to love one of the most misunderstood birds ever. Swooping over my head, flying across my car, cawing at my windows, and generally just letting me know they’re around. I see them all the time and my day isn’t complete without a little crow in it.

I’m not quite sure when all the crow weirdness started, but I do remember the day I finally started paying attention. While getting ready for work, I heard the sound of wings flapping in my bathroom. I’m on the second floor surrounded by trees and it was so loud that I knew some bird had to be really close by. I peered out the window to see one of the biggest black birds I’ve ever encountered in my life eating something out of a spider web. We were about a foot apart from one another with only a thin screen separating us. He was HUGE (not quite raven huge) and had this presence about him. He had this interesting, distinctive plumage on his chest that I haven’t seen in other crows. He seemed so regal that I named him Rex. Anyway, he didn’t even take off after his meal, he started playing the staring game with me. I was transfixed by this bird, by his curiosity and cajones, but had to finish getting ready for work. Rex won the staring contest; I said goodbye and left the window. I didn’t hear his wings flap when he eventually took off, which I found kind of weird.

About a month later, I saw Rex again foraging for food in this gigantic tree right outside my building. Now, many people would say that it’s impossible to distinguish one particular crow from another, but most people haven’t met Rex. I know it was him, no other crow has his specific chest plumage and general badass energy. Bonus: he brought his family this time around! A momma crow and two, what seemed like, teenage crows (they were playing with a french fry box) hung out for a bit while I said hi to Rex. They all shared a meal and went about their day.

I’m not sure how the crows got the reputation they have, but I think Hitchcock’s “Birds” really did a number on the collective psyche.

Here is a really cool site that is dedicated to crows: www.crows.net

CAW!

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Hazystars]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
It could be crows, but then again maybe not. Take a look at the following link to learn about M.A.V.'s. You may be surprised to find the bird you are looking may not be a bird. Anyway, take a look and good luck.

video.designworldonline.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemps

Hate to tell you, it's nothing spooky, unless you regard ecology as something spooky. In recent years the US has seen an explosion in its crow population. This is primarily due to suburban sprawl - lots of garbage to eat, fewer predators, and crows aren't picky nesters.

So thy're quite literally everywhere. If they're following you, maybe they're just hoping you'll drop something. I've seen crows (and seagulls) literally attack kids for candy or sandwiches the kid is trying to munch on.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Wow, it's been so long since I've been here...interesting how many posts were just in the last day or so.

Just a little update on myself:

I stopped taking any of those meds probably within a few months of posting, and there were still some experiences afterward, so we can rule that out.

I have a degree in Psychology now, so re-reading this thread is fun for me...seeing how I used to think. Looking back on it, I don't think anything paranormal was going on. It was very strange, and there were a lot of coincidences...but that doesn't make it paranormal. Like others mentioned in this thread, perhaps it was just a population boom, and I was in the right areas.

Yes I continued to see crows for the next few years, but it's REALLY died down. I was reading a book (Daniel Quinn's Ishmael) at the beach when a crow landed like 5 feet away. Then another. Then another. And they just sat, not really making noise. I just continued reading my book (didn't want to scare them and get my face pecked off or something). This was the last crow experience I had and it must have been a year or two ago by now.

While the older I get, the more skeptical I become, if these crows were some sort of totem, guide, guardian, etc then they've left me now. Don't know how I feel about that, I kind of liked seeing them everywhere.

(what a trip to be responding to this thread 7 years later)

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Hemps

Thanks for the update, Hemps! Glad to hear you're doing well and now have a degree!

Hopefully others will continue to share their stories in this thread.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I believe they are trying to get your attention and they want to communicate with you. Once you start paying attention to them, your communication with them will deepen little by little.

This began happening to me about six months ago. There was a lot of cawing at first, but now most of their communication is done without cawing.

I learned that crows could read my mind when, twice, I was looking for a particular store and the crows cawed to me from the very store I was looking for. When I learned they could read my mind, I projected my thoughts to them, as necessary. It became necessary once because the seagulls were swarming around me making a ton of racket as well as a spectacle of both me and themselves on the street. Because I know that crows and gulls are buds, and crows are the "boss", I told the first crow I saw after that, in my mind, to tell the seagulls to knock it off. The next time the gulls swarmed me, they did so in stealth silence.

"All this is just projection" you might be thinking. And you could be right, except for this one thing:

Two days ago, I dreamed of a yellow billed crow in a tree. It was just about to fly to me when my cat woke me up.

Today, a yellow billed crow was waiting for me at the studio where I go for workouts.

I got back home and looked up the species. It's called Alpine Couough. (sp).

They are a non migratory crow indigenous to northern Europe.

I am in Canada.

I think you are at a point where you might be ready to acknowledge the reality of "magic" in your life and the crows are your guide.

I have found, since I started deepening my communication with crows that more and more magic is afoot in my life. On the one hand its very exciting, on the other very intense and even tiring. You even long for boring mundane once the magic really kicks in.

The trick is learning to be both normal and paranormal and not to freak out when things seem just a little "too" magical.

The best thing is to integrate these experiences little by little.

The crows are telling you that you are ready to start expanding your experiences and perceptions - imho.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
I am of the belief that the 'crows & death' thing is more of an anglo American myth, and not lore of antiquity.
Personally I would choose the more ancient tales than the newer ones, but thats just me.

Actually crows and death does come from the old days, when they used to flock to battle grounds to pick over the dead.

felidaespaganjournal.blogspot.com...

Morrigan is the Celtic Goddess of war, battle, death, vengeance, prophecy, destruction and passionate love, she is one of the darker Goddesses in the Celtic pantheon. She is associated with Hecate, Kali and Ishtar.
Morrigan is often represented as a raven of crow, or with a raven or crow.

en.wikipedia.org...

In Irish mythology, the Badb (Old Irish, pronounced [ˈbaðβ]) or Badhbh (Modern Irish, pronounced [ˈbəiv])—meaning "crow" or "vulture"—was a war goddess who took the form of a crow, and was thus sometimes known as Badb Catha ("battle crow"). She often caused fear and confusion among soldiers in order to move the tide of battle to her favored side. Badb would also appear prior to a battle to foreshadow the extent of the carnage to come or to predict the death of a notable person. She would sometimes do this through wailing cries, leading to comparisons with the bean-sídhe.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hemps
I know this sounds extremely cliche, but for the past 3 months, i have been followed by crows. I usually see them when im driving, they fly right over my truck, usually in 3's or 4's.
At football practice, i look to the buildings next to the field, and notice them watching from the roof.
I woke up the other day and noticed some on the neighbors roof looking right into my window.
And generally when im just walking around they'll fly over me.
This has been happening so often now, that it is starting to creep me out. I don't know if im just noticing it more now because im paying attention to it or what..but it definately creeps me out. Anybody study this kind of thing, and advice floating around?

I have not read your entire thread but what you say is possible..
In Africa I used to throw rocks and use slingshot to try to hit crows. I'm a Marine and wherever I went when I was not do this(which was fun for me at the time) they would follow me and make crazy noises and crow at me wherever they seen me. So when I would walk around the base people would comment on the crazy acting crows... but they were just crowing at me warning their fellow crows that I was around.
So yes it is possible.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Steve8511

In Africa I used to throw rocks and use slingshot to try to hit crows. I'm a Marine and wherever I went when I was not do this(which was fun for me at the time) they would follow me and make crazy noises and crow at me wherever they seen me. So when I would walk around the base people would comment on the crazy acting crows... but they were just crowing at me warning their fellow crows that I was around.
So yes it is possible.

And thats a scientific fact. They DO recognize humans.

www.newscientist.com...

Wild crows can recognise individual human faces and hold a grudge for years against people who have treated them badly. This ability – which may also exist in other wild animals – highlights how carefully some animals monitor the humans with whom they share living space.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
My entire High School year I had crows following me. I knew why, it didn't bug me, and it made me feel loved. I'm not joking though.... Death may be watching you >,>

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Crows and Ravens are very intelligent birds. I think part of what adds to their charm and spookiness is their 'voice'. Here is an example... Exorcist anybody?

Raven Sounds, Creepy Ungodly

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hemps
thanks woodside.
anybody else know anything about crows and their spiritual/magical connections etc etc, whatever the myths are?

I see many of them from time to time.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SaveTheWolves

Nice avatar
LIKES it ALOT
!
Amazing what happens when they are treated like sheep. Very cool

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Awww Thank you! There seem to be a lot of wolves in sheep's clothing these days. But then there are a lot of sheep in wolves' clothing too!

Anyway, wolves are 'da' best! Unfortunately some kinds are on the brink of extinction.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
crows/raven are still with me. I see 'em damn near everywhere, so no doubt it's my totem animal. one damn near walked up to me the other day..it ended up just staring at me though. every time some important change is about to go down, or some piece of information(sometimes good sometimes bad) is about to come my way, I'll see a raven come very close. I can never seem to get the specific information they're trying to convey, I just know something is about to go down...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join