It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why is Senate Leadership Protecting Jobs For Illegals?

page: 2
6
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
Some great replies guys! It is infuriating knowing that something should be done, that something CAN be done, yet it is ignored by those in power who could make a world of difference. There are millions of illegals all across the states and millions of unemployed citizens. This is so wrong on so many levels. The greedy corporations are ruining America.



Whoa! Hold on there guys and gals. Is that not why we have elected officials--to protect our interests? Couldn't our officials put the kibosh on all of those evil motives of "greedy corporations"? Or are they all (D and R) in bed with them because of the $$? Who sends in the most campaign contributions? Follow the money trail. To top all of that many officials smell a new voters bloc in the illegals. Don't want to piss off all those new voters. The officials know that the electorate will "forgive" them for their indiscretions so why should they care what we want. We keep voting them back in office. "We have met the enemy and he is us." (The Pogo Papers)

[edit on 10-6-2010 by GrampsLEn]




posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by GrampsLEn
 


Sadly, it is indeed all about the money. Still, somehow we must make noise and our voices must be heard. Somehow there has to be something that we can do. None of us wishes to see America a former shadow of itself. No one should be forced to learn a foreign language in their own country because others have broken the law and have no respect for America or the english language. No illegal should be working the system to their advantage through lies and deciet.



posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star
 



Where is The America I grew up in? What has my country become? To favor an illegal who steals identities, uses false documentations and works the system for all it's worth, and our government allows this? Our government ignores its own legal law abiding citizens?


I ask that same question far too often. Mostly on the weekends when instead of sleeping, or relaxing I'm being forced to listen to music so loud you can hear it a block away till 4am because of their paries that usually end up with a drunken free for all out in front, that usually consists of about 30 people. Or when I can't get a job because I don't speak Spanish, or Polish.

That's one of my biggest per peeves, if you wanna live here, learn the damn langauge. Why do I have to learn your foreign langauge in MY country



posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61
 


Funny you should mention the blaring music. The other day we went down a certain street and there were people blasting spanish music. I mean like can't they play it for themselves and not a whole neighborhood? How rude! If I lived there I would blast heavy metal, see how they like it. Metallica anyone? LOL

We used to have asian neighbors and even their parties were not loud. And at least they played soothing music.
They were very respectful.

Yeah the language thing is a pet peeve of mine as well. Especially when the ones that know english only speak it when they feel like it. So now we HAVE to speak their language to get a job? We HAVE to change all the signs in stores and everywhere to include a foreign language?



posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
20 million illegal immigrants in this country? That number is from 2003!

Some sources say there could be as many as 50 million inside our borders right now. 50 million illegal immigrants! Let's say 20% of those 50 million people have a job that a legal US citizen could have and would gladly take if they could get it. That is 10 million potential jobs that US citizens could have. That would cut the unemployment rate by 1/3. That is true only if just 20% of the illegal population have a job. If the % of the illegal population that have jobs is higher, then the unemployment rate would fall even futher. This is just simple math from a simple guy.

Now, to answer the question as to why politicians have not stopped this!
3 out of every 10 illegal immigrants that make it in to this country that we even know about, have a ( burlap sac strapped to their back with simple rope) and inside each one of those sac's is 10 to 15 keys of coke or other drugs. Do the math on the the street value.


Corruption goes all the way to the top of the Flag Pole! And as for these book deals all new and out going politicians are getting, this is just a creative way to hide bribes and payoffs to these politicians.

It is funny, that Obama had a book deal before he was even elected. It is as if they are writing the story before it happens and then try to follow it. Or make it up as they go along.


Eye of Eagle



posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star
 


I couldn't outblast them if I wanted to. It's unbelievable. They put up an enormous canopy that covers their whole back yard, and then they bring in a live band complete with amps. I'm talkin about the type of set up they use for clubs and concerts, the noise level is unbelievable, then add in that screaming they do and it's just terrible. We call the cops, they come out tell them to turn it down, they turn it down and about 10 minutes after the cops leave they turn it right back up again. After about three trips out here the cops just stop coming. When they have one their famous brawls the cops make sure they don't get here till it's all said and done. They have absolutely no respect for their neighbors.


I've lived on this block for 26 years, and there was a nursing home on the next block that was here long before I moved here. They moved the nursing home 3 years ago, to a busy intersection of two major streets. I know one of the nurses that works there and she told me they were moving because of the noise level when these people had their parties. It was causing too much stress for the residents of the home.

When they're not having a party this block is extremely quiet, but when they have a party it's terrible. I can only imagine what it sounds like in their home country. I know that I'd never want to go there for a visit.



posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by EYEOFEAGLE
20 million illegal immigrants in this country? That number is from 2003!

Some sources say there could be as many as 50 million inside our borders right now. 50 million illegal immigrants! Let's say 20% of those 50 million people have a job that a legal US citizen could have and would gladly take if they could get it. That is 10 million potential jobs that US citizens could have. That would cut the unemployment rate by 1/3. That is true only if just 20% of the illegal population have a job. If the % of the illegal population that have jobs is higher, then the unemployment rate would fall even futher. This is just simple math from a simple guy.

Now, to answer the question as to why politicians have not stopped this!
3 out of every 10 illegal immigrants that make it in to this country that we even know about, have a ( burlap sac strapped to their back with simple rope) and inside each one of those sac's is 10 to 15 keys of coke or other drugs. Do the math on the the street value.


Corruption goes all the way to the top of the Flag Pole! And as for these book deals all new and out going politicians are getting, this is just a creative way to hide bribes and payoffs to these politicians.

It is funny, that Obama had a book deal before he was even elected. It is as if they are writing the story before it happens and then try to follow it. Or make it up as they go along.


Eye of Eagle


I try telling people in the illegal immigration threads that very thing! If millions of illegals are here taking jobs, that's millions of unemployed citizens that could be working. It just isn't right that a foreigner who comes here illegally can be placed ahead of an American citizen.



posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61
 


It is a shame that the police hasn't stopped that. Imagine having to move an entire nursing home because of it? Man that's horrible!!



posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Corporations want to undermine your citizenship rights & privileges.
They want to reduce you to impoverished slaves,

and they use prostituted elected officials to do it with.

Millions are homeless because of Wall Street.

Tens of millions are unemployed because of Wall Street & criminal employers.

When is enough, enough?

When do people get pissed off, stand up & make some political heads roll out of their offices?

It will not get any better & it will only get slowly worse if you do nothing.



posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
if you ask a kid what s/he wants to be when theyre grownup...do they often say:-

i wanna wash dishes
i wanna pick fruits
i wanna clean toilets
i wanna sweep roads
i wanna collect garbage
i wanna be a manual labourer

are americans willing to do these jobs? or do they wanna own and manage a restaurant but who is going to wash the damn dishes?



posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank
Corporations want to undermine your citizenship rights & privileges.
They want to reduce you to impoverished slaves,

and they use prostituted elected officials to do it with.

Millions are homeless because of Wall Street.

Tens of millions are unemployed because of Wall Street & criminal employers.

When is enough, enough?

When do people get pissed off, stand up & make some political heads roll out of their offices?

It will not get any better & it will only get slowly worse if you do nothing.


That's just it Slank, most American citizens have made their voices heard, have written or phoned their representatives etc. It is crystal clear that the majority of citizens are against illegal immigration. It is also clear that government doesn't care. Time to get decent people in office who will actually represent the people and not corporations and their own agendas. What kind of country allows foreigners to come before its own citizens?

Do not think for one minute that there is no hope. More and more people are standing up and fighting. If the feds won't do their jobs, the states will fight any way they can to enforce laws. There are states that are looking into holding employers accountable for hiring illegals. The worse thing that we could do is sit back and do nothing.



posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FuGGer
if you ask a kid what s/he wants to be when theyre grownup...do they often say:-

i wanna wash dishes
i wanna pick fruits
i wanna clean toilets
i wanna sweep roads
i wanna collect garbage
i wanna be a manual labourer

are americans willing to do these jobs? or do they wanna own and manage a restaurant but who is going to wash the damn dishes?





Well, not all of us are exactly the brightest light bulbs in the pack or college educated. I have worked in mostly factories for over 30 years. Hell, I'm not too proud to wash dishes. It's an honest living. FuGGer, you need to understand that our college kids needing money for college, as well as retired people who need extra income to survive, as well as many others, have done those jobs. When I was old enough to work, you could walk out the door of one place and get hired immediately at another. Sadly things have changed drastically and are only getting worse. What of our children? What will become of their world?



How many immigrants legal or illegal does it take to fill positions that supposedly Americans won't do? Millions?

What we are facing now are limited jobs and too many people applying for those jobs. What we have are many poor and homeless people. What we have are many, many, people who barely make it over the poverty line and so are denied benefits that illegals are able to get. Can you tell me that an illegal immigrant is more important than a citizen who has worked hard their entire lives? Can you tell me that it is fair for a citizen to get turned away from emplyoment in favor of an illegal?



posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
missread it thank god it wasn't true.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Procession101]



posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star
 


night star. afaik, the illegal immigrants are coming over to the us because there is a demand for the work they are prepared to do at the wages being offered.

theyre not coming over to become microsoft or at&t ceos or even burger king employees.

even if you managed to stop illegal immigration completely, there will still be unemployment and there will still be jobs that business owners need filled that they arent willing to pay high wages for.

if you really want to solve this problem. you should stop the large corporations from outsourcing, and moving their manufacturing operation overseas.

what happened to "Proudly Made in the U.S.A"?



posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by FuGGer
reply to post by Night Star
 


night star. afaik, the illegal immigrants are coming over to the us because there is a demand for the work they are prepared to do at the wages being offered.

theyre not coming over to become microsoft or at&t ceos or even burger king employees.

even if you managed to stop illegal immigration completely, there will still be unemployment and there will still be jobs that business owners need filled that they arent willing to pay high wages for.

if you really want to solve this problem. you should stop the large corporations from outsourcing, and moving their manufacturing operation overseas.

what happened to "Proudly Made in the U.S.A"?



I agree that there would still be unemployment even if we stopped illegal immigration however, the number of unemployed would be reduced greatly. One factory in New Bedford I believe it was, had close to 400 illegal immigrants. Once they were raided and the illegals were gone, 400 legal citizens applied for those same jobs.

I have to tell you that the illegals are NOT just taking low wage jobs. The last place I worked was very generous for a factory and we had many illegals working with us. Instead of $12.00 an hour they made like 10.00, still more than minum wage.

I also agree about corporations outsourcing and moving over seas. That has been a huge problem for a long time. People are indeed complaining. Bottom line is that at this present time there is a lack of jobs and too many people applying for those jobs.



new topics

top topics



 
6
<< 1   >>

log in

join