It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Senate Leadership Protecting Jobs For Illegals?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Why is Senate Leadership Protecting Jobs For Illegals?

www.valleybreeze.com

Last week's orchestrated procedural shenanigans by the leadership of the State Senate to stifle debate and deliberation, and temporarily kill reasonable legislation to address a labor injustice that is caused by illegal immigration should outrage Rhode Islanders that expect open and accountable government.

The bill in question (2010 S-2348 - E-Verify) is cosponsored by 19 of 38 senators, and statewide polling shows that the majority of Rhode Islanders support this legislation. The Rhode Island House of Representative has passed this legislation during the past two legislative sessions, and
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
In 2007 there was a factory in New Bedford that had hired 360 illegals and were arrested for their actions. It was only a matter of days for 400 legal citizens to apply for those jobs.

People keep saying that we are racist and the illegals are not taking our jobs. They are! People ask why arn't we putting the blame on corporations? We are!

Rhode island has been trying and trying to get a decent law passed to take care of their problems, to hold the corporations accountable and to give back the jobs that belong to the citizens.

www.valleybreeze.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The amount of money that corporations stand to lose by cutting all undocumented workers would ruin many.

Like it or not, these companies have buried themselves in this, and there truly is not way out.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
"It is estimated that there are about 20,000 unauthorized immigrants currently working in Rhode Island - working in jobs that should be made available to the 72,000 currently unemployed Rhode Islanders."

Elsewhere I read where there were 40,000 illegal immigrants but can't seem to find the source. In any case, this is Rhode Island, the smallest state of all and so very far from the border. Can you imagine just how many illegals are actually working here and taking away from the legal citizens all across America?

Whenever you read numbers on how many people are unemployed, please note that it does not include those who have run out of benefits and are still unemployed. How many of our citizens are being forced on to welfare I wonder, or into tent cities.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Well ,the way US politics works, my theory would be that the 'donations' for the aforementioned Senators come from businesses that reap the benefits of cheap labor.

Get rid of the cheap labor, gets rid of the profit, gets rid of the 'donations', gets rid of the incumbents senate seat.

So in summation, looks like a case of self preservation. And in todays Hyper-inflated money raising schemes, every penny counts!

Just look at how much money is being spent on primaries! INSANE!!

www.opensecrets.org...

And we cry about health care!?!

[edit on 10-6-2010 by ErEhWoN]

[edit on 10-6-2010 by ErEhWoN]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

If I remember correctly the only reason they refused to pass the bill was that the governor said it wasn't the states responsibility and it was a federal matter (meh, which it is, but since they won't do anything, the states have a right to). I believe it was cowardice on his part, he didn't want to be the public face of the bill like the governor of AZ.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The answer is somewaht easy..too keep costs down, so the corporation or company can remain competative with moderm day greed on the stock market. That is why they all seem to whord into a house apartment, in unsanitary conditions no less, something the apartment caretaker and city is suposed to check up on, which they dont by the way.
I know a few illegals at my job, well they were illegal till they waited it out long enough to get residency...one guy and his woman, wanted to have sex one night. the problem was, their were 12 illegals in a small room, like 8x8 feet wide. basically sleeping on old mattresses they found, they were literally skin on skin contact when sleeping on the floor with everyone else in the room : X
technically by law and housing codes, that is illegal and unsanitary. my city, stamford CT, knows about it, they just dont enforce it. then when diseases break out, they blame some traveling virus in the wind traveled through. rats were a problem too behind many of these buildings. garbage as well....i dont know one illgal taht recycles. all plastic or garbage is simply thrown out in the street, then WE pick up the tab for cleanup.
so why they get special treatment is beyond me.
corporate america wants tot urn this country into a 3rd world country...thats all i can think of.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

How about all the illegal Brazilians in Danbury? In Waterbury the illegal Mexicans have taken over the South Side. New Haven is a Sanctuary City and they are over run and going broke paying out Welfare and Medical benefits to illegals! More governors need to step up and sign legislation to help cure the indigenous unemployed. They won;t though even though MSNBC's polls show 96% of respondents are in favor of laws like Arizona's in their own states!

Zindo

[edit on 6/10/2010 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Some great replies guys! It is infuriating knowing that something should be done, that something CAN be done, yet it is ignored by those in power who could make a world of difference. There are millions of illegals all across the states and millions of unemployed citizens. This is so wrong on so many levels. The greedy corporations are ruining America.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Yeah ZIndo, im not to familiar with waterbury, never been thier, but..have heard fom EVERYONE online who lives thier, tis a messed up place. New haven ive passed a few times, and is known as AIDS capitol fo the world, ar at least 15 years ago it was.
IM not racist, let the record show. ive had latino g/f's in the past. what ticks me off, is my taxes foot the bill of what the system is allowing illgal aliens to do, the I get stuck with paying for it. MY job gives out fake social security numbers, and i get the 2nd hand down treatment. illeglas have stolen form work and from social security, and get promoted.
myabe i should be doing what their doing, and hurt the system back since its intentionally set on hurting me* maybe i'll atually get somewhere in life then..an idea for all to think about.
they check into hospitols without insurance, and many leave not paying the bill. who does? WE DO they form gangs maybe we should be doing what their doing, since the system and our leaders think this is ok to do..maybe we'll get special treatment in return as well. and who knows! bring down the leaders themsleves when chaos breaks out

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone

How about all the illegal Brazilians in Danbury? In Waterbury the illegal Mexicans have taken over the South Side. New Haven is a Sanctuary City and they are over run and going broke paying out Welfare and Medical benefits to illegals! More governors need to step up and sign legislation to help cure the indigenous unemployed. They won;t though even though MSNBC's polls show 96% of respondents are in favor of laws like Arizona's in their own states!

Zindo

[edit on 6/10/2010 by ZindoDoone]

That is another important issue:going broke paying out welfare and medical benefits to illegals. And here our citizens are in debt over their heads from medical expenses. Yes indeed, more governors need to step up. It is up to the 96% of people who are against illegal immigration to fight for their rights, their jobs, their language. We cannot sit silently by and wish upon a star that things will change. Contact your officials and do everything in your power people!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I dont mean to go all off i appologize..but im tired at a ssytem, where our leaders would rather 'punish' us legal tax paying citizens and shield those engaged in unlawful, laws THEY the leaders made themselves in some cases. their not doing their job! ever try to email or call your local senator or governor? you cant here in CT...you get representatives you cant even email them directly. must be busy funneling more of our tax money into thier bank accounts.
they wanna re furbish downtown area here. all the illegals are gunna do after millons are spent is turn it into a snad parking lot with beer cans, used condoms and spent gun shells on the curb* thiers always a freak shooting here enar the poor section of the city a week.
The funny thing is..the police herre favor illegals. thier firneds with them in some cases. that worries me, because in this system, I feel IM the enemy now.
ide love to get my local senator and demand every penny of my tax money via social security or services is refunded back to me every penny of it, jsut for matter of professional principal, since they themselves arnt acting professional*

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
How many more hospitals will close because of illegals? How many neighborhoods transformed with gangs and violence? By giving these people jobs, employers are encouraging the criminals. How many lives have been lost already due to an illegal alien who had previous arrests? How many have been deported and just came back again? How many more children will have their lives ruined by a pedophile who is here ilegally? I hope employers can sleep at night knowing they are responsible. How much more can we take?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
I dont mean to go all off i appologize..but im tired at a ssytem, where our leaders would rather 'punish' us legal tax paying citizens and shield those engaged in unlawful, laws THEY the leaders made themselves in some cases. their not doing their job! ever try to email or call your local senator or governor? you cant here in CT...you get representatives you cant even email them directly. must be busy funneling more of our tax money into thier bank accounts.
they wanna re furbish downtown area here. all the illegals are gunna do after millons are spent is turn it into a snad parking lot with beer cans, used condoms and spent gun shells on the curb* thiers always a freak shooting here enar the poor section of the city a week.
The funny thing is..the police herre favor illegals. thier firneds with them in some cases. that worries me, because in this system, I feel IM the enemy now.
ide love to get my local senator and demand every penny of my tax money via social security or services is refunded back to me every penny of it, jsut for matter of professional principal, since they themselves arnt acting professional*

You have nothing to apologize for. I hear ya about the beer cans and trash and gunshots. I am in a good neighborhood that has been safe for many, many years. With the increase of illegals came more crimes, gunshots in the middle of the night, thefts, etc. etc. We have lovely parks that ended up with graffiti and dirty diapers and people who didn't speak a word of english. Where is The America I grew up in? What has my country become? To favor an illegal who steals identities, uses false documentations and works the system for all it's worth, and our government allows this? Our government ignores its own legal law abiding citizens? That is scary don't you think?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Do you think that they are going to take a chance at pissing off 20 million future Democrat voters if they can manage to shove amnesty down our throats before November?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
That is why, when election times come around, those you feel responsable ro not holingg up to thier job, are voted out of office in disgrace as well. make public examples. its the only real way. of course, the next runner up will most likely be jsut as corrupt, but at leat they know then, thier job will be a constant revolving door
out with the trash, in with the new*

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
Do you think that they are going to take a chance at pissing off 20 million future Democrat voters if they can manage to shove amnesty down our throats before November?

Don't forget the millions that have become citizens from the last amnesties who may have illegal family members and can vote now.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Now is the time to stick together and let the higher ups know we'll vote them out of office. They work for us, we don't work for them! I'm telling you, more and more citizens are getting fed up and don't want to take it anymore. If we sit back and do nothing it will only get worse. None of us want to feel as though we are living in a different country and have to learn another language to get by in our own country. None of us accept the violence, the gangs, the pedophiles, liars and thieves who waltz into America demanding rights. This is our country!

Time to find out who these corporations are. Time to get laws enforced so that the greedy heartless corporations are held accountable. Time for America to stand up and be heard.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

ever try to email or call your local senator or governor? you cant here in CT...you get representatives you cant even email them directly.

Of course you can. Here's a link for email, websites, etc:

www.cga.ct.gov...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Thing is many of our so called representatives have done a very devious thing. They have reduced the limit to their email accounts and leave them full so they don't have to keep them as Federal law requires. They also don't have to acknowledge their receiving them. If you do receive a verification of your email, it's a form letter that is worthless!You only get to talk to flunkies in the office who only pay lip service to your questions and will lie to you and say they will give your representatives your message but never do!

The elite are worthless to the very people they are supposed to be working and representing. They will never change until we start throwing them into the streets!

Zindo

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join