It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16 Year Old "Sailor"... reportedly Lost At Sea ** Update**

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
What's with the whole "16 is too young to live" thing? 16 is just two years shy of fighting a war on the other side of the globe. For some 16 is 8 years too old for fighting in a war.

16 year olds own their own businesses, lead excursions, charge troops into battles, etc....

Seems as more and more 30+ year olds are wasting away in their parents basements the age at which you can actually start living your life climbs higher and higher.

We have to mandate grown adults be covered under their now elderly parents health insurance for crying out loud.

When did kids stop wanting to grow up and charge out on their own and decide instead to milk the worthless dependence of childhood for all it's worth at the expense of their own dignity and their families financial well being?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

No. Maybe with 4 to 5 friends...but even than its a little insane. She is so far from home!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Would rather a 16 year old take the challenge of sailing around the world.. climbing mountains or other positive things than see them join the military to go kill people and promote the egos of politicians and "patriotism".. But I suppose most dont see the harm of sending your children off to fight and die so that politicians and corporations can profit..

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
The parents should be charged for every damn penny spent to rescue their daughter. THEN they should have some serious counseling from state welfare workers about child endangerment.

These parents are absolute idiots. I don't care that they live in some rich community, rich kids get into trouble as much as poor ones. They just have better attorneys.

I read the Yahoo report toady about finding her. yahoo story

I guess 30 foot seas in the Indian Ocean are different than sailing in the kiddie regatta off the coast of California.

She a life long sailor according to the article. Jezzzz... I have sweaters older than her, does that make me a life long sweater wearer.... No, just fashionable at reunions.....

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

Round-the-world teen sailor alive, well

A 16-year-old California girl who was feared lost at sea while sailing solo around the world has been found alive and well, adrift in the southern Indian Ocean as rescue boats head toward her damaged yacht, officials said.

After 20 hours of silence, a search plane launched from Australia's west coast made radio contact with Abby Sunderland on Friday in the frigid southern seas where her boat was repeatedly knocked down by huge waves and she lost satellite phone contact.

Read more: today.msnbc.msn.com...

Source

This is really good news.

Great news!! Thank you for giving us the update! Hopefully people in this thread will stop arguing over whether her parents should or should not have let her go long enough to read it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join