It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happens When You Die? Evidence Suggests Time Simply Reboots

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I liked this reply, but how is human time different from natural time? Is not all time simply time, no natter how you slice it?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
over the past few months i feel i've gained knowledge about the true nature of reality and life.

our dreams provide vague insights into past lives and experiences that are anywhere from nearly identical to the life we have now to places and times we cant comprehend or even begin to rationalize with our brains.

i firmly believe our consciousness or souls or life force or whatever you want to call it have existed for longer than we can imagine and if we can barely remember when we were children in this life then there is almost no chance we could purposely bring up these memories.

when we dream i think our brains are randomly flashing memories that are deep in our sub-subconscious, as in somewhere outside of our minds in this physical world. our brains are wired to make connection and relate ideas so when you're experiencing something in your waking life and then have dreams that vaguely touch upon similar topics and themes, it is actually your brain trying to make connections to things it subconsciously remembers but since we dont understand what we are seeing we disregard them as nonsensical experiences.

i think when we die we wont even know it, we will sort of just switch to the point in another life where we start making new memories. like the point where you realize you're alive and self aware as a baby or child.

or im just delusional but either way its cool to think about.
edit on 6/16/2011 by xxblackoctoberxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
How do you know that?
a reply to: Hermes8

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: niteknite
How do you know that?
a reply to: Hermes8

The member you are asking has not been on ATS with that account since 2011.

You are responding to a 9 year old thread.

Just thought I would point that out.

Have a good night/day.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Would that mean we would live in a pc simulation? a reply to: DARKCYDE_CROWLEY

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Not all that men may call “knowledge” is to be sought, because philosophies and views exist that are “falsely called ‘knowledge.’” (1Ti 6:20)
edit on 2-9-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: jessieg

Im going to try to talk my father into buying AT&T stock in 1965 if I can.

There are also a few people I will avoid meeting at all.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Black Ops

But what do they offer as any kind of proof? This would all be in someone's head no?

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Amazing how many people on here telling us what happens when we die.
Every one certain.

It seems to me that the smartest response would be I do not know.

Because in truth none of us do.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Dragonsbreaths

What makes you think that is a memory and not your imagination?

I have this image that flashes into my mind every once in a while.

Seven blonde haired children, walking side by side down a dirt road. It is summer and a few of the kids are not wearing shoes. They are in nondescript clothing, shorts and tee shirts that do not indicate a place or time one girl in a dull dress. There are woods to the left behind them and the area they are in is open like they are approaching a crossroad.
I always just think, that funny dream image again.

I've never even considered your option.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rockstrongo37
I love how "atheists" try and answer the question of the soul without giving attention to a God or the spiritual realm. Here there is clear acknowledgement of the existence of something eternal yet no submission to a superior presence who might hold it's creation accountable.

Nobody has ever been able to describe the nature of function of this hypothetical "superior presence" in any way that makes consistent, logical sense, so adding it to the mix really doesn't help clarify anything, it just creates more confusion.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I think that time only reboots when we haven't learned anything from this life. Then the identical shaped sphere comes to a complete and throws us back in the same place. People can stay in "hell" like that for many lives, since they are stuck in a loop where they cause the world around them as much pain as it causes them. There is where value of forgiveness can break that loop. If we already learn some little lesson to get ourself a little closer to divine perfection then the terms of our next life loop will be different. Gifts, luck, accidents, curses etc. from life are run by that system.
edit on 2-9-2019 by eitea because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   
What happens when you die? You die. There is no re-boot. Ask yourself a question. Where does the human body get its energy from? I expect anyone to answer that in an instance. Now ask a second question, if some part of you continues into some form of post-mortem existence...what powers it, where does it get its energy from? What holds everything together?

When you start asking the right questions without wearing any mask of bias, the so-called 'afterlife' becomes something practically impossible. I say practically for a good reason, because there is one, and only one way that a continuation of some form of existence after physical death as occurred could actually be true, and that is...if this life is a computer simulation. Our physical bodies are avatars, and the consciousness that emerges within them are secondary to the higher consciousness of the entity undergoing the simulation. Even near-death experiences fit nicely into this scenario. The simulation is a learning tool for the entity undergoing it, and it is only from the perspective of this life being a simulation that I will give credence to the afterlife debate.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Black Ops
Reboots until we suss it.

Sounds like a possibility.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join